Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Another MK460PC battery charger bites the dust. Mine is just outside the 3 year window and they are not serviceable . Very frustrating to have a unit they will not service especially when it's still in production!

I guess I'm going with a NOCO 4 bank?

2. Member
    Hi all I'm new to a 24v system that I believe is running in series (2 batteries) I'm guessing the guy had it hooked up correctly but the check connection light on bank 1 has me concerned.

I've got a Minnkota MK210D thats giving a read out of bank 1 CHECK CONNECTION RED and bank 2 CHARGING (1-5A) Flashing Yellow.
    Is the wiring I've got setup in a series perhaps to blame?

Totally appreciate any guidance... I've attached photos here and here:
    http://thorberg.com/wp-content/uploa.../05/mk210d.png
    http://thorberg.com/wp-content/uploa.../24vseries.png

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thorbergdt View Post
    Hi all I'm new to a 24v system that I believe is running in series (2 batteries) I'm guessing the guy had it hooked up correctly but the check connection light on bank 1 has me concerned.

I've got a Minnkota MK210D thats giving a read out of bank 1 CHECK CONNECTION RED and bank 2 CHARGING (1-5A) Flashing Yellow.
    Is the wiring I've got setup in a series perhaps to blame?

Totally appreciate any guidance... I've attached photos here and here:
    http://thorberg.com/wp-content/uploa.../05/mk210d.png
    http://thorberg.com/wp-content/uploa.../24vseries.png
    I can't see your pictures, but the check connection light usually indicates either a battery so dead it is below the safe to charge threshold or a blown fuse in the lead for that bank.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I can't see your pictures, but the check connection light usually indicates either a battery so dead it is below the safe to charge threshold or a blown fuse in the lead for that bank.
    Thanks for the reply!
    You would have to click the links to see the photos but no worry. I put another battery charger on one of the batteries last night and will flip it when I get home (unplugged the mk210d). I tried flipping which plugs coming out of the MK210D plugged to which battery to no avail unfortunately still gave a red error, either both batteries are stone cold dead (which I hope my 20+hr trickle charge will bring them back to life) or I've got a bad cord/bunk charger leaning towards that one unfortunately...

5. Member
    An update the trickle charge seemed to kick the batteries back into action. Both are being detected and charging via the MK210D. When I get home ill have to check the fluid levels as I haven't done that before (new boat to me).

6. Member
    I have a 3 bank minn kota 315D charger. Bank 2 has all 3 lights lit. I swapped batteries on leads 2 & 3, and bank 2 still stays lit the same. I pulled a fuse, and all 3 lights stay lit. Volt meter shows the batteries at 12.5v when not charging.

Hoping for an easy fix? Want to fish in the morning.

Thanks!
    Last edited by exx1976; 07-28-2017 at 09:14 PM.

7. Member
    sound like a charger problem. If it's less than 3yrs old contact MinnKota for a warranty replacement. If older, then it's time for a new charger.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    sound like a charger problem. If it's less than 3yrs old contact MinnKota for a warranty replacement. If older, then it's time for a new charger.
    John

Bought it last September. I'll give them a shout, thanks!

9. Member
    Just a follow-up - gave MK a call, told them 3 lights on one bank, did it on multiple batteries, and sure enough, they didn't even ask any questions except for the serial number and my shipping info. Emailed me a pre-paid FedEx label to return it, and it's out the door. They said I should have the new one before the weekend. Good enough for me!

10. Member
    Why is red and yellows flashing. 3 bank i believe its the 315

11. Member
    Check the battery state of charge voltage. It may be too low for the charger to see it. Also check connections and fuses.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

12. Member
    I have a MK 440PC that has worked flawlessly until tonight. I plugged it in and only banks 1,2,3 have lights coming on. I've unplugged and plugged back in multiple times and I can't get any lights to come on on bank 4. Call Minn Kota?

13. Member
    First, swap the leads around. Bank 4 to battery 3 and bank 3 to battery 4 and see if anything changes. If the light still doesn't come on, it could be a burned LED in the charger. Then you would call Minn Kota.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    First, swap the leads around. Bank 4 to battery 3 and bank 3 to battery 4 and see if anything changes. If the light still doesn't come on, it could be a burned LED in the charger. Then you would call Minn Kota.
    I switched them around with the same results. Left it plugged in all night and in the morning all 4 banks showed green. Got done with my tournament yesterday and plugged it in, all 4 banks lit up and went to one orange light. I came back out 45 minutes later and bank 4 was off again. The charger feels extremely hot too. I left it over night and by morning all 4 were back on and flashing green. It seems to be working, not correctly but working none the less. I'm just afraid that it's a ticking time bomb and gonna leave me without power at some point.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    I switched them around with the same results. Left it plugged in all night and in the morning all 4 banks showed green. Got done with my tournament yesterday and plugged it in, all 4 banks lit up and went to one orange light. I came back out 45 minutes later and bank 4 was off again. The charger feels extremely hot too. I left it over night and by morning all 4 were back on and flashing green. It seems to be working, not correctly but working none the less. I'm just afraid that it's a ticking time bomb and gonna leave me without power at some point.
    MK is right next door in MN. If you're under warranty, they will literally have one to you in a couple days; see my previous experience.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post
    MK is right next door in MN. If you're under warranty, they will literally have one to you in a couple days; see my previous experience.
    I sent it off to them this morning

MK 440PC....2016....
    now battery #1 will not get past green flashing to maintenance/no green flashing...
    should I worry or is this no big deal???

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

18. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    MK 440PC....2016....
    now battery #1 will not get past green flashing to maintenance/no green flashing...
    should I worry or is this no big deal???
    Swap the leads between batteries and see if the problem stays with the battery or bank.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

and if so?

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelman View Post
    and if so?
    If it stays with the battery, then that battery has a problem of not taking a full charge. If it stays with the charger lead, then the charger has a problem in not being able to "top" off the bank.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast