Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: (08 198 Champ)

Sorry, thought I answered this yesterday -- but that shows what a 50+ memory is like

I would be cautious of the the "front" battery. In the "charge" world of batteries, .14V makes a lot of difference. As stated before, the eye or indicator is just for that cell that it is above, but if it showing red, it can mean that cell is marginal or bad. The one showing black, could have a bad cell other than the one the indicator is on, but in this case, the voltages for it look good.
    Hope this helps, John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

2. Member

Re: (Jonestrollingmotor)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Jonestrollingmotor &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Sorry, thought I answered this yesterday -- but that shows what a 50+ memory is like

I would be cautious of the the "front" battery. In the "charge" world of batteries, .14V makes a lot of difference. As stated before, the eye or indicator is just for that cell that it is above, but if it showing red, it can mean that cell is marginal or bad. The one showing black, could have a bad cell other than the one the indicator is on, but in this case, the voltages for it look good.
    Hope this helps, John
    </td></tr></table>

Thanks for the reply. I need to run the test again with charging the batteries. I don't think I drained the front battery enough when I charged it and recorded the reading. The 14.33 was right before the charger went to maintain and it still was climbing. Thanks again for the infor.....much appreciated Have a good weekend.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member

Re: MinnKota Battery Chargers/Light readout (Jonestrollingmotor)

Modified by southtex at 9:21 AM 12/6/2011

4. Member

Re: MinnKota Battery Chargers/Light readout (carl gagnon)

Had the same problem. Sent it to minn kota the checked it and said it was bad. Because I purchased it within 3 yrs of it going bad they sent me a new one no questions asked. It is even the updated mk330d model. Great company!!!

5. Member

Re: MinnKota Battery Chargers/Light readout (hosko n ky)

Did you discover ant trick to opening those yellow fuse connectors? I can't get any of mine open.

6. Member

Re: MinnKota Battery Chargers/Light readout (cmcmcm123)

Never mind, found it, batteries totally dead! New Dekas last year, too! Darn it! Starter battery fine, 3 other boats in the pole barn and all are fine, but not my TM batts!!! Think they're covered?

&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
    Modified by RedBlazer at 4:54 PM 2/26/2012

Modified by RedBlazer at 4:56 PM 2/26/2012
    Captn Doug
    Aboard The Walleye Xpress
    Xpress Fishing Charters, LLc
    Angler Qwest 826 ProTroll w 250 Suzuki
    2014 Ranger 621 Yamaha 300 and 9.9

7. Member

Re: MinnKota Battery Chargers/Light readout (cmcmcm123)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by cmcmcm123 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Did you discover ant trick to opening those yellow fuse connectors? I can't get any of mine open.</td></tr></table>
    Same here! Any suggestions?

8. Member

Re: MinnKota Battery Chargers/Light readout (GM482V)

Got it. Mine just pull apart.

9. Member
    Here's a good one mk330d - Every other time I plug it in after fishing the second bank does not change from all three lights being lit. Unplug it and plug in with no change several times then poof it goes to yellow and starts to charge. After it has charged a few seconds unplug, plug it back in and continues to work good. Switch batteries,still second bank....... Looked everywhere and couldn't find this problem.. Ideas? Thanks

10. Member
    If you switched batteries, and still happened on the second bank, it may have a temp sensor in the leads damaged or going bad. How old is the charger?
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    If you switched batteries, and still happened on the second bank, it may have a temp sensor in the leads damaged or going bad. How old is the charger?
    2 yrs but I thought damaged temp sensor showed red and green only? This keeps all lit up........ Intermittently! Have you ever seen that?

12. Member
    On the "D" chargers:
    Plugging in all lights come on monetarily while "reading" the batteries
    Yellow: Bulk charge mode til battery reaches 75% of charge
    Flashing Yellow: Absorption Mode, charging current tapers holding battery to 14.4V apx
    Flashing Green : Maintenance mode, voltage goes to 13.4V
    Green: Charger turns itself off after 24hrs and monitors battery
    When battery voltage drops below 12.6V, charger will turn back on

Sounds like with all lights staying on, bank isn't reading the battery initially for some reason. The charger is warrantied for 3yrs. I would call MinnKota and explain. I'm guessing they will send you a RA and and new charger.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

13. Member
    Having a strange problem with my 3 bank minn Kota charger...

When one of the banks is plugged in it just goes to green, it skips the charging light completely. I just fished a tournament today and my batteries obviously need charging... So I switched the banks out on two of my batteries and it's the charger, not the batteries. Any clue on why the bank would say the battery is charged when it isn't? Would it be in the yellow fuse holders possibly?

14. Banned
    I have a MK345D 3 bank charger. I connected the charger up and it has charged at least 12 hours checking. All 3 banks had blinking green lights except #3 bank had blinking red light. Check connection. I unplugged charger removed the #3 bank connections cleaned all contacts and post on battery. Reconnected bank #3 and reconnected power to charger. #1, #2, banks all returned to the flashing green lights except #3 bank it has stayed yellow. With the charger off I checked battery voltage at #1, and #2 to be 13.45V #3 at 12.45V. I checked fuses(30A) to be good but replaced them anyway. I checked Charger's output voltage of #3 bank leads to be 14.V but when connected to battery it read battery voltage 12.6V. I reconnected charger to batteries, #1bank starting, #2 bank & #3 bank trolling motor. The #1 bank & #2 bank checked to have, 14.56V and the #3 bank checked to have 12.56V. Both trolling motor batteries are new. I changed #3 and #2 leads and see if there is a difference. The #3 bank stayed yellow. I then returned #3 battery for brand new battery and reattached charger leads to proper positions. Still yellow light on #3 bank. My guess #3 bank on the charger has a concern. I let it charge about 5 hours now the green light is blinking on and also red light is blinking.
    Last edited by XSDRD; 06-22-2013 at 09:14 PM.

15. Member
    Sounds like it may be a charger issue. How old is the charger?
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

16. Banned
    I bought the unit 6/18/2012. I talked to Minnkota this afternoon and they are sending me a new one and when it gets here I will return the old one and hopefully that will take of that.

17. Member
    I am on my second MK330D charger in my Skeeter. The first unit started showing a flashing red and green light on bank 2. Switched the leads on battery one and two and problem remained with bank two. Contacted Minn Kota and they sent me another charger. Had the battery checked and it checked good. I have three Optima Blue Top batteries which are about 1 1/2 years old.

New changer which is abut three months old is doing the exact same thing. Bank two shows red and green flashing lights and when the leads are switched, the problem remains with bank two.

Any ideas, it appears a lot of people are having issue with these particular chargers. I keep my charger plugged in at all times...could this be causing a problem as well?

Thanks in advance!

18. Member
    I just bought my first Minnkota 330d charger. I have a 2006 Triton TR 21X and will be mounting next to the cranking battery. What is the biggest size screw I can use to mount the charger with?

19. Member
    I have a minnkota 4 bank charger in my 2011 skeeter fx20. is it possible for the charger to short circuit a battery or fry it? on the # 3 bank I have had to replace the battery 3 times in 3 weeks. plug boat in and other batteries charge fine. bank #3 battery will show charging light for a while then go red. took batteries to get tested and all 3 were shot. have tried optimas and duracells and got same results. any ideas?

20. Member
    Usually a charger won't fry a battery, but this sounds suspicious. I would monitor the charge voltage with a voltmeter on that bank til you get the issue resolved.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast