Non stick fry pan

Looking for suggestions on brands of fry pans, non stick. I am tired of the cheap grocery store models which do not last very long when used alot. I am good for cast iron as I have two but prefer non stick at times. Thanks.

2. Member
    Paula Deen has worked well for us, and you can find great deals at wal marts because of the bad press she received. I have also seen it on sale at big lots. Good stuff and diswasher safe unlike most non sticks.

Our set of Circulon pans have treated us well for quite a few years now.
    Original Member Of The Low Bucks Last Minute Race Team

4. Member
    Depends what you want to spend, but Calphalon makes the best pans I've used. I went to culinary school and cook a lot, my set has held up very well for a few years. There's several different models, some are more...Some are less. I have the nonstick unison set. You can wash them without even using soap most of the time. Everything just falls right off.

5. Papap
    i just stopped using them. went back to the old cast iron pans. Do not like the idea of that non stick stuff getting in your food.
    2016 Ranger RT188
    Suzuki 115SS
    80# Fourtrex
    Lowrance HDS 10 & 9

Quote Originally Posted by papap View Post
    i just stopped using them. went back to the old cast iron pans. Do not like the idea of that non stick stuff getting in your food.
    We've done the same thing. My tournament partner had to do some work at a plant along the Ohio River that makes Teflon. Before he could go inside the plant he had to sit through a 30 minute safety course, and pass a test, because Teflon is so dangerous. Then, he had to wear a safety suit, goggle, the whole 9 yards. He and his wife dumped all their non-stick pans and we have too.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

AllClad is a good source it is expensive but it last a long time.

8. Banned
    Calphalon, Circulon, All Clad--they're all good. I also found a new generation high quality non-stick skillet at TJ Maxx for a great price--I forget the brand.

Most non-stick skillets cannnot go in the dishwasher. I put a Calphalon in the dishwasher, and the anodized aluminum finish came off.

I inherited a bunch of cast iron skillets, and still prefer them. Unfortunately, cast iron scratches my high line glass top electric range. They're now reserved for making cornbread.