here's a helpful tip

when backing down a ramp after dark be sure to use parking lights only.that way others can see to back there trailer also.

Re: here's a helpful tip (bentrod202)

I do this and want to yell out the window to shut theirs off..

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Re: here's a helpful tip (21XDC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 21XDC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I do this and want to yell out the window to shut theirs off.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I politely remind them that they must have forgotten that their lights are on and that they are BLINDING EVERYONE ELSE so please TURN THEM OFF....NOW!!

Re: here's a helpful tip (Passion 4 Bassin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Passion 4 Bassin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I politely remind them that they must have forgotten that their lights are on and that they are BLINDING EVERYONE ELSE so please TURN THEM OFF....NOW!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You seem alot politer (is that a word?? ) than me, especially after my eyeballs have been scorched!

Modified by Alan S at 5:52 AM 9/18/2007
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

5. Member
    I shoot wildly into the air, yelling obscenities and such.

Well, not really, but it sounds cooler that way.

Modified by tnjavelin at 3:24 PM 9/19/2007
    "The most dangerous risk of all -the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later." -random Facebook pic that came up on my wall

8'6" Longboard
    6'6" Shortboard

Re: here's a helpful tip (bentrod202)

Good tip, since I keep my headlights on "auto" I'm sure I've blinded folks already. I'll keep this in mind in the future

(606)305-1956

7. Member

Re: (tnjavelin)

Just remember that the guy you are yelling at may not have a choice. My truck has day time running lights that can't be turned off.

Re: (Xed ya)

1 click down on the ER Brake will turn them off At less it does on my 97 GMC work truck.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

9. Member
    Even with DTRL's, they're not nearly as bright as normal low beams.

"The most dangerous risk of all -the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later." -random Facebook pic that came up on my wall

8'6" Longboard
    6'6" Shortboard

10. Member

Re: (tnjavelin)

Shoot wildly in the air? How the heck are you gonna shoot out their lights if you are shooting wildly in the air?

\"Andy\", EM1 USN, Ret.

Disclaimer:
    The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this comment would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Everybody has a purpose in life... It\'s just that your sole purpose in life may be to simply serve as a warning to others.

11. Member
    day lite running lights can be turned off,,,read your owners manual,,,,,,turn switch on,,,,press doom lite button 3 times,,,,,,

12. Member

Re: (kk4iz)

I heard this from a mechanic/neighbor so I tried with no results whatsoever.
    I also tried looking in my Owners Manual to see how to do it and couldn't find anything related to what I wanted.

13. Member

Re: (champion191)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by champion191 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">press doom lite button 3 times,,,,,,</TD></TR></TABLE>

But I don't have a doom lite button... And come to think of it, I don't think I want one.

There, finally, a nice even # for post count. I quit for one day.

Josh Corbett
    Gansevoort, NY
    1994 Astro 17SCX
    Boatless Bozo

14. Member

Re: (Xed ya)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Xed ya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just remember that the guy you are yelling at may not have a choice. My truck has day time running lights that can't be turned off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

All day time running light can be turned off, just read your manuel. usually by flipping the head light switch backwards three times.

15. Member

Re:

Turn the switch on, turn the switch off, turn the switch on, turn the switch off, turn the switch on, turn the switch off, turn the key on, turn the key off, turn the key on, turn the key off, turn the key on, turn the key off, turn the hazard lights on, turn the hazard lights off, turn the hazard lights on, turn the hazard lights off, turn the hazard lights on, turn the hazard lights off, honk the horn, bark like a dog, spin around in a circle and hope nobody watched you.

At least what I've heard works.

\"Andy\", EM1 USN, Ret.

Disclaimer:
    The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this comment would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Everybody has a purpose in life... It\'s just that your sole purpose in life may be to simply serve as a warning to others.

16. Member

Re: Re: (flounderhead59)

you put your right foot in you put your right foot out you do the hooky pooky and you turn your self about. if that don't work remove the battery cables and coast to the bottom of the ramp.

17. Member

Re: Re: (bentrod202)

If you can't turn your lights off...get a front tow bar and clog up the ramp unhooking your boat from the rear bumper and turn your vehicle around and hook it to the front and push it down the ramp....then when these whiners at the top of the ramp start yelling about how long it took ya...tell them you were doing it all for them as to not hurt their poor little eyes No seriously....you should be able to hit the dome light button a couple times real quick and they will go off

18. Member

Re: Re: (hawgjawsTR196)

Saturday tournament morning is right after friday nights beerblast at some island lodge and the last and only parking spot for a shiny new car is the boat launch (convenient). The owner of the vehicle is not around at 6:30 am (still drunk somewhere)and 200 frantic tournament anglers are forced to find other launching sites in the dark in a hurry. More lights than a bassmasters and starwars convention . When the owner finally arrived at noon his response was " I didnt know it was a boat launch and what does" the classic "mean ?"

19. Member
    just a reminder