Lightbulb Make Braid Lo Vis

Started using a new version of Sharpie this summer, definitely works better for keeping your braid low vis. Not a sponsor product, just something I found that works well...

Last edited by tom redington; 08-16-2023 at 11:59 AM.

2. Member
    I went to a local art store though I'm sure Hobby Lobby or any craft store has one, and bought a paint marker. The tip was not round but rather a flat blade type. I cut a small slit with a razor blade and run the line through the slit to color it. The trick obviously, is to not run your hand or fingers over the line until dry. That was five years ago, and the marker still works like it did when new.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    I went to a local art store though I'm sure Hobby Lobby or any craft store has one, and bought a paint marker. The tip was not round but rather a flat blade type. I cut a small slit with a razor blade and run the line through the slit to color it. The trick obviously, is to not run your hand or fingers over the line until dry. That was five years ago, and the marker still works like it did when new.
    How long does the line stay dark before you have to reapply? Does it make the line stiff? I'll have to give it a try, thanks!

4. Member
    Like any line colored and soaked in water, it lasts a bit and then has to be reapplied when the line is dry.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Like any line colored and soaked in water, it lasts a bit and then has to be reapplied when the line is dry.
    Gotcha, thanks. That's what I like about the new marker, goes on even wet line and seems to keep the line dark all day in most cases.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm lost on this thread. Why would you want to use a marker on braid?

I use Depth Hunter color coded braid while trolling for Stripers... it changes colors every 25 feet and also has a marker every 5 feet within each color. Is this what people are trying to accomplish with markers?
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Coloring so it isn't hi viz for the first several feet.

8. Member
    Fitzgerald.

9. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    The big sharpie and I will cut a slit in the tip, I will generally do the length of the rod.