Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Keep a roll in the boat

Always keep a roll of TP in the boat that way when you run out at home you can go the the garage, fetch it from the boat and whaalaaa... you a happy camper again!!!

Just don't trip when your are holding ;).......
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

3. Member
    here's one. live in ohio, work in ft wane indiana. takes 2 hrs to drive each way every day. i run the 80-90 turnpike. well there is a big gap in between exit 108 and exit 66. well just passed the exit 108, felt the mudd shark. knew i could not make it to exit 66, pulled over opened door on truck, (mind you its 4:30 am) and let it fly. i was in the cant stop now mode when i seen lights pulling up, heard a car door slam, the pitter patter of little feet, and a sweet old voice of an elderly lady. (sonny are you broke down, need to use a cell phone, ooo, my god.....) she turns around, just about sprinting to her car, weels spinning she tore off. i finished the paperwork, embarresed, can you emagin the story she had to tell

Fellows, those are some seriously funny stories. I always take Immodium before I leave the house if fishing a tournament and always have TP in the boat. On more than one occasion the demon has crept up on me (or inside me) and there was no way I was going to make it anywhere except to the side of the boat to hang my butt over the edge. Beautiful thing about a Triton....the handle on the passenger side is perfect for holding on to while hanging your tail over the side.

That's why you need a MinnKota Talon...101st use I've found...

--

http://www.dougvahrenberg.com/

BASS Central Open- Competitive Bass Angler and Humminbird Guru
    Visit my website to learn about my sponsor's products, fishing tips and techniques.

Learn More About Humminbird Side Imaging Visit: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaginggroup/

Lmfao!! You guys are full of shit!!
    Team AnglerHub

7. Member
    yea that reminds me I was fishing a club turney at the beautiful lake west point in ga and about 930 me and my partner rolled into a cove not to far from yellow jacket. We started to crank and winding and the pain hit me and of course I puckered up and told my partner to come to the front and run the trolling motor. unbeknownst to me but not only had he never ran a trolling motor before but was his first turney. so im running the fortrex on 100% and just before im fixin to have him pull the motor up and beach the boat we are about 10 foot from the bank and as he reaches for the pull rope he rotates his foot downwards trowing the boat sideways and me having to perform a well executed swat roll from about 5 feet out. needless to say the TP never saw the water and the only damage was when a stick went into my wiping hand at my wrist. wow what an experience

i

8. Member

9. Member
    My abs hurt from laughing so hard......

10. Member
    I hate to add something serious among all this frivolity, but I ALWAYS take a big slug of Pepto-Bismol straight from the bottle on tournament days and pop an anti-diarrhea pill or two. Another thing, I have found that any type of cola beverage encourages the Mud Shark visit, they contain caffeine, caramel and carbon dioxide (frizzy bubbles).

Just came across this thread and well yah im gonna add my 2¢ lol.

Tournament day or any other serious fishin day my diet consists of Gatorade and cheese curds because welp it clogs ya up!

Now for my crappy story after a night of heavy drinking amd a 30 pack of pbr gone we decided to go fishin on a 100 degree day with water temps of about 90 amd well the heat got to us amd the pooh train hit us both i went skinny dipping and swam away from the mud sharks as fast as i could akd my buddy went ovrr the side of the boat amd wiped with a teen people magazine and for the life of me i have no.idea how that magazine got in there?

Oh i keep a roll of those blue disposal shop rags in my boat amd truck they are tough amd even when wet your fingers wont poke through.

12. Member
    I know a dude, who while fishing a spring club TX years ago, had a negative reaction to the greasy breakfast he'd consumed prior to takeoff. As stomach cramps set in, the decision was made to head for the nearest bank. But before they could reach shore, the boat ran aground on a shallow bar several yards from land. There was no other choice but to bale out and do the penguin shuffle through a foot of water in order to relieve his about to explode bowels. Upon reaching shore and urgently trying to get his pants down in time, he failed to notice the large Canadian goose sitting on a nearby nest. I don't know who was startled more, the goose, or the intruder when the goose attacked, but what ensued was described as mayhem. In an attempt to elude the charging beast the offender leaped forward tripped on the clothes bunched around his ankles then did a full face plant in the mud while continuing to experience an intestinal meltdown. When the honked off goose retreated to her nest, the guy covered in mud and fecal matter both human and goose, took a long bath in the lake before returning to his boat and his hysterical partner. They loaded the boat and went home as neither could regain enough composure to fish.

13. Banned
    While stationed overseas in Germany, a fellow aviator had an incident in the front seat of an RF-4C Phantom. He and his backseater were out flying ACBT with an F-15 out of Bitburg, AB. The Phantom driver had been loading the airplane up and unloading the airplane with G's most of the morning. After pulling a few hard G's on the last maneuver, the Phantom driver promptly unloaded his bowels in the aircraft! That required a call to the squadron for his wife to bring him a clean flight suit, skivvies!! He never lived down that 'incident'.

14. Member
    I was flipping buck brush in the back of a creek on Toledo Bend when it hit me. I was no where near a boat lane and I knew I couldn't idle out and run to a rest room, so I started looking for a way to beach the boat. I saw an opening in the brush about 100 yards away, so I kicked the ol 101 up on high and headed for it. As I came to the opening and swung the boat into it, there sat a 10 foot gator sunning on the bank. That gator damn near knocked me out of the boat getting out of there. I beached the boat and ran back to the console grabbed the TP, and my .45. I copped my squat with the gun trained on the water. I was not going to be the red neck who got ate by a gator while he had his pants down.
    2007 Ranger Z21
    2007 Yamaha 250 HPDI

I keep two rolls and a 3lb size Folgers plastic resealable coffee container in the boat. The plastic container works great for the females (wife and 3 granddaughters) since it seems they have to go #1 about 8 times in a 6 hour trip. Also works in a pinch (no pun intended) when you get the "bubble guts" and can't find a bank to get on. Precision aim is required. One TP roll is in a vacuum seal bag in my bilge mounted waterproof toolbox to prevent those "Uh-oh" moments.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Keep inside a used peanut butter jar...those jars (3 sizes) have many great uses and are watertight!
    BTW, fold 2 sheets of paper towel in the jar also with that half a roll of TP..its very very handy at times.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

I use a large used peanut butter jar for TP...got to say I use the sizes of peanut butter jars for many things in the boat...from plastics to hooks/wts...they are a SUPER TIP! Waterproof/float/clear and can write on the top...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

18. Member

Skid Marks

Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    Always keep a roll of TP in the boat that way when you run out at home you can go the the garage, fetch it from the boat and whaalaaa... you a happy camper again!!!
    Be aware of embarassing skid marks before you return to the dock. I saw it happen on my buddy's boat.

This is STILL the funniest Thread within the Forum!!!
    All the best
    Carl
    USAF Military Veteran
    08' Skeeter 21i / Yamaha 250 HPDI
    98' Javelin 400 DC / Johnson 225 Venom

20. Member
    I have a bass room... Saved the day on more than one occasion. Portable Boat Bathroom Toilet Privacy System The Bassroom. Really works well for this kind of situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast