Question on the rub rail UV lights

I like them, think it's a great idea, my concern---- the rub rail against docks. Do they set in deep enough where damage won't occur? I have a rope insert so I would take out the length of rope needed --------is there enough room to insert the lights?

Re: Question on the rub rail UV lights (Bassman Ia.)

On the blue water boat they are mounted right above the rubrail. In fact, we are working on a component of this product that will make the install above the rail look very clean. Stay tuned.

Re: Question on the rub rail UV lights (Bassman Ia.)

On the installs I have done, id say the lights are protected pretty good in the rail. No worries with docks unless you crash into one nascar style.
    Stroker 21
    Mercury 250 PRO XB

TN Bluewater dealer/rep.
    BBO

Re: Question on the rub rail UV lights (ep72)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by ep72 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">On the installs I have done, id say the lights are protected pretty good in the rail. No worries with docks unless you crash into one nascar style. </td></tr></table>

+1
    2008, 2009, 2011, & 2014 PBA Angler Of The Year

Mike, I'm not thrilled with drilling a hole in the side of the cap for the wires. I thought about the above rail install.

16 years old no marks from crashing yet.

I've done 4 boats in the rail and haven't had any complaints about damaging the lights the way I do them the light itself is r ceased about 1/8-1/4" inside the rubrail so no contact with anything will happen unless you do something very crazy and if that does happen the lights will be the least of your worries

7. Member
    One thing to keep in mind is that if you put them in the rub rail and for some reason some of the leds give out, you will have to dig them back out and redo them. One of my buddies has bluewaters in his rub rail and 2 of the leds in the strip gave out.

I installed the attwood sidelights (newer rangers/tritons have). Easy to repair if they quit working however you have to cut into glass to install them.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Go with Nightfishion. You wont have any problems and they have a 3 year warranty.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Mike, I'm not thrilled with drilling a hole in the side of the cap for the wires. I thought about the above rail install.

16 years old no marks from crashing yet.
    I have installed several sets of bluewaters above the rub rail. Easiest thing was to pop out the center insert pice in the rub rail then drill a small hole in the top of the rub rail ran the wires through that, then drill a hole in the center portion of the rub rail (same area manufactures use to secure rub rail to the boat, and gets covered when you put the insert back in) and feed the wires to the inside of the boat, then reinstall center insert piece. I use a tiny tiny dab of black silicone to reseal the hole in the top of the rub rail where the wires go in.

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I installed the rub rail lights cut out the appropriate lenght of rope and layed in a bed of black silicone and pushed the lights into it and no problems for close to 5 years I tied the wires into the original front light socket that both work in case of a problem with an EPO but everyone that have seen them love them
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years