New to forum: Difference between Peanutbutter and Bondo

I posted about a week back a picture of my 1993 Javeline 379t and I am going to be restoring it. Not a full restore this year only a face lift and some minor work to get her running. Ill be posting tons of questions on this forum.

What is the difference between peanutbutter and bondo? I would like to fill the hole where the trolling motor was mounted what would you use?

Thanks in advance Spencer 15yr old

Re: New to forum: Difference between Peanutbutter and Bondo (PABassBoy)

Peanut Butter is a mixture of resin/cabosil ( smooth) or resin/cabosil and short strand glass fibers
    ( 1/4" strands ) that is mixed till it gets to a peanut butter consistency. It can be kept uncatalyzed for months in air tight containers.
    It's used catalyzed to fill gaps in transom and stringer repairs where the braces meet at an angle so the fiberglass mat does not have to form to a 90 degree angle.
    Can also be used for non structural cosmetics like filling screw holes..

Cabosil is fumed Silica and is used as a thickener for the resin.

Bondo is a generic term used anymore for a variety of polyester based auto body fillers.......some, which are made for fiberglass work will also work on boats.

Easiest thing to fill a few screw holes with is Marine-Tex, a waterproof filler that can be bought at any Marine Store, Larger Auto parts stores, Lowes, etc.
    Find some wood dowels, handles, etc and sand them to fit into the holes. cut them to fit. coat with the Marine tex and tap them into the hole to be filled so they lay about 1/8 " below the surface, fill the hole with Marine Tex, smooth off the top. Let it cure and sand it smooth.