Banned

Video of removing carpet from lids

This is the first video Ive made so go easy,lol. I thought maybe this would help some of you out that are redoing your carpet.

2. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

Re: Video of removing carpet from lids (g352nv)

that worked a lot better thank i thought it would. will be doing this shortly. How do you remove the goo gone from your lids/deck? soap and water are some kind of solvent?
    thanks

3. Banned

Re: Video of removing carpet from lids (haftafish22)

Just soap and water.

4. Member

do you use this same process inside the boat also?

5. Member

Re: Video of removing carpet from lids (poncho0206)

No offense but you spray this on and wait 24 hours? I have been doing this along time and by 24 hours I am almost done with the install of new carpet. Why not just use a screwdriver inside of lid and pry up the old carpet at the edges? Then simply pull the old carpet off? Its really not that hard plus you dont have to clean all that goo off. Seems like alot more work than whats necessary but thats just my .02 worth.

DeSean

6. Banned

Re: Video of removing carpet from lids (johnsinbelton)

HAHAHA Well why do you think I tried this? It was A PAIN in the arse to pull it off. I have no idea if it takes 24 hrs thats just how long I waited. Plus theres NO work involved. The carpet pretty much comes off it self. You wash the lid and its just like it was from the factory before they sprayed the glue. But hey different strokes for different folks. This is just worked for me.

I started my carpet job last night...and found that once I pulled the carpet off I could scrap all the old dry glue off with a razor blade scrapper in 5 minutes or less. The old dry glue just flaked right off with ease.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and, he'll lay out of work, miss dinner dates with the wife....and live happily ever after"

"He, who dies with the most toys, wins"

8. Banned

Re: Video of removing carpet from lids (db_db)

Well heck I guess it depends on the year. Mines a 2007

9. Member

I did the carpet on a 1990 Ranger. Pulled the carpet off, The many hours nof scrapppppping i still had to clean with soap and water, Next time I will use the gooo gone

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    This is the first video Ive made so go easy,lol. I thought maybe this would help some of you out that are redoing your carpet.
    I know this is literally years old, but I remember seeing this video and how easy this came off. Do you happen to remember what product you sprayed on the carpet? Looks like someone replied with "goo gone" but I wanted to double check. Hope this alerts you.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dtack_10 View Post
    I know this is literally years old, but I remember seeing this video and how easy this came off. Do you happen to remember what product you sprayed on the carpet? Looks like someone replied with "goo gone" but I wanted to double check. Hope this alerts you.
    Yeah I don't know why it's gone. I didn't delete it. I'm pretty sure it was goo gone. Problem is it will cost ya. But it will almost just slide off.
    This last job I did was just rip it off then use a high speed polisher with 80 grit 6 in disc. Went pretty fast.

12. Member
    once you tear the carpet off, I used a palm sander to get the old glue off, I placed a old rug on the tailgate of the truck & used it as a work bench.

I thought it went pretty easy.