Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: 89 Basscat Pantera II Project (totalbeverage)

youre not gonna take that out on the water and RUIN it now ARE you?? ---HOLY BLEEP ! That thing looks like something NASA would build when that cover's on it.Fantastic job!--No-its SWEETER than fantastic.It's SUGARTASTIC !!!

2. Member
    Sacramento River Delta Northern California

Re: 89 Basscat Pantera II Project (totalbeverage)

[img] http://i735.photobucket.com/al...4.jpg [/img]

wow !! Can you please take the time to help a flounder ??

How, what steps did you take to go from the original dash to that ?

I have a similar situation with my 87' Skeeter. My skills are nothing like yours. I want to make a stable secure platform for the steering assembly and the instruments. I have fibergalss over ply, as did you, with BIG holes a cracked surface..

Did you cut out and remove, or simply glass over ?

Expalin as though you were talking to a child

Great job on your boat

edit: THANK YOU

3. Member

Re: 89 Basscat Pantera II Project (Chub Lake)

man thats one beautiful boat.. wish i had the money to do a make over on my skeeter like that haha great job love the colors also
    2020 Falcon 21TE
    2020 Mercury Pro XS 250

Re: (totalbeverage)

wow awsome job made it look brand new

5. Member
    ChubLake,
    I think I can help you with your question. I totally cut mine out and rebuilt a new one using a plywood backdrop and glass'd it in. Check out the following pics100_0497.jpg100_0500.jpg100_0505.jpg100_0499.jpg100_0476.jpg
    Troutgnat.

6. Member

Rebuilding a dash on a 89' 374 Ranger

Chublake,
    Here's the last couple of pics to show end result. So, dont be afraid to cut a hole in our boat......LOL. I cut alot of holes.
    1- Cut your dash out but be sure to leave at least an inch around the edges
    2-Measure and cut a new one of plywood, leave yourself a gap to work with
    3-Bevel your edges on the edges of dash and your new cut-out
    4-Screw in a few braces(top,bottom and sides) from the backside. This will be removed later, it's just for support at this point for the plywood in-lay to rest against.
    5-Put in the new piece and anchor it with a couple of screws. Again, screws will be removed later.
    6-Now cut some pieces of fiberglass matting 4-6 pieces will do. You are going to "hot" bond this to the wood and dash.
    7-Mix a "hot" batch of resin and bond the new dash to your frame on top, bottom and sides.
    8-Now within just a few minutes you can remove your screws and braces from the back. It should stay in place.
    9-Take some painters tape and mask off the gap from the backside.
    10-Fill in the gap around the edge using some glass bondo
    11-Now, if you know about fiberglass work......just glass over the front of it and your done!
    I hope I made that sound as simple as it really is. I had mine done in less than a couple of hours. I let it all cure over night and sanded it down the next day.100_0508.jpg100_0510.jpg
    Troutgnat.

7. Member
    i may have missed this but.... what did you spray in the bottom floor of the boat??? is it the raptor coating?

Quote Originally Posted by highrollers09 View Post
    i may have missed this but.... what did you spray in the bottom floor of the boat??? is it the raptor coating?
    It was Line-X, and sorry about the previous questions I haven't check in a while but troutgnat answered it is was the same as I did the dash in this boat.

9. Member
    Doing a great job so far, I love the retrofit of the console.:thumbup:

Looks nice real nice great job
    Lowe Stinger 175

11. Member
    I am blown away by this restore. Well done.

Had to come back and watch it again in the pictures. Still my favorite boat.

13. Member
    Where did he get the gauges for the dash at? They are awesome....Thanks

14. Member
    Great job. I hope my Cajun turns out one tenth as nice. Unfortunately for me, my boat company does not exist anymore. I will have to rely on "custom" work which will be WAY more expensive. You have however given me the idea of upgrading components. I just wish I had a shop as large as yours to work in. Mine is only 35X26. With the wife's 2014 Benz in there, I can't sand or paint without moving it out!! I told her it was my shop, but you all know who won that battle!! I have a lot of questions about the parts you used. How do I IM you?

Looks like he hasnt posted anywhere on the boards in over a year so might be hard to get ahold of him.

16. Member
    Looks awesome man. I'm hoping to redo my boat before I put this different motor on it.

Sorry for the hiatus guys, I'm still here just haven't checked in for awhile. Had like 50 IM's, so sorry if they didn't get answered my kids have swallowed up all of my free time. I coached my 10 year old the last 3 years in football where I was the OC. Then when we got done with football my son(s) now go into wrestling and my 10 year old won a state title this year. After wrestling we do freestyle greco then he has gotten into Judo and was a bronze medalist this last summer at the Junior Olympics. My other 2 boys started wrestling this year also and the middle one has started Judo also and my youngest is in tee ball. It seems every night we ether have a practice of a game. I will help coach my middle son for a year then will start my 6 year old team and take him all the way to school ball.

I have sold off this boat along with my Ranger. The 07 Ranger had 80 hours on it when I sold it this year, it set in the garage for 2 years. I still love to fish and work on boats when time permits but my kids will only be young for a limited time and I want to spend it with them. I still have the 95 Champion 190, 90 Bass Cat PanteraII (the one with the glass transom). Will probably sell the Bass Cat and keep the Champ for my boat. I have the Champion all tore apart now replacing stringers and transom and I'll try to post some progress with this one.

Again sorry for the non returned IMs and if you have any questions email me f.maguire@me.com or send me a message on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/frank.maguire.90

18. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Wow, hadn't seen this before.. Excellent restore!! You and the Gambler guy should team up and do a TV show restoring boats!!

19. Banned
    Amazing stuff

20. Member
    boat would be even better with full flipping deck like the new ones , had you done that , i dont think you could tell it from a new ,,,,,spectacular job!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast