Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    run away from bondo, pulling the cap is no easy task on a champion unless you have experience, you can cut around the splashwell and have enough room to work around, stay away from bondo, you should check stringers also if bad you will have to remove cap. if you cut around splash well you will need to repair that cut and gelcoat over repair still much easier than pulling cap. Love champions by the way!

2. Member
    I have an 82 champion that flexes maybe a 1/4 " in and out. At what point is it not safe to operate? I would also appreciate a copy of the pdf book on transom replacement. stevencollette@yahoo.com. Thanks to everyone for the great info.

3. Member
    You do not have to remove cap, you use 3in masking tape to layout around transom perimeter. all 4 sides. Cut the skin around the inside of the tape. Do not cut anywhere through the tape. The skin under the tape is the flange you work back to. Read the threads I have on this forum for transom replacement, it's not very hard, just time consuming.

One of the threads http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=934664

4. Member
    Any chance you could send that .pdf my way jdrautoworks@gmail.com it would be greatly appreciated!

Since it was brought up I'm in the middle of the Sea Cast route on my 97 190SX, everything I read said it was a solid fix and long term. Is it really not the way to go? Is there anything I can do to improve the installation of the Sea Cast? Really hoping not to have to change directions since the product is bought and cap is cut.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12