1987 TRACKER Trny TX-17, Trim Issue and Wiring Diagram? UPDATE.. Need some help.

Good morning everyone. New to the site here and wanted to say hello before going into my post!
    I just purchased a 87 Tourney TX-17 and I need to do a little bit of electrical work with it. I am looking for the trim relay specifically. But if I were able to get the complete wiring diagram that would be great. Or a parts list for a Mercury Classic 50.
    Right now the motor will trim up but not come back down. I am wanting to do the work myself. I am fairly competent mechanically. But some of the things with boats will be learn as I go. So any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!!

Modified by dlw at 8:46 AM 6/1/2009

Modified by dlw at 8:53 PM 6/4/2009

2. Member

Re: 1987 TRACKER TOURNAMENT TX-17, Trim Issue and Wiring Diagram? (dlw)

the classic 50's used 3 wire motors with solonoids..one for the up and one for he down...up circuit is blue and the down is green..locate you a merc stepped soloniod(same as some lawn mowers) and replace the one with the green wires..solid green wire is motor leads..and the stripped wires are the trim switch leads..pretty easy fix as far as a do-it-yourself fix..hope i helped some..

3. Member

Re: 1987 TRACKER TOURNAMENT TX-17, Trim Issue and Wiring Diagram? (pappacrappie)

Thanks for the reply. I am going to get to it here once the weather clears up. Its supposed to rain for the next few days. I do appreciate the info for sure!

4. Member

Re: 1987 TRACKER TOURNAMENT TX-17, Trim Issue and Wiring Diagram? (dlw)

Ok, so I brought the boat home today after getting the trailer and boat registered. Started drying a bunch of the deck and floor areas out. The old cover was worn and pretty much useless. So I picked up a new one today. I am going to have to replace the floor board around the doghouse. Its completely water damaged..
    Now on to the trim solenoid... there is no clicking at all when the down is activated. It works great going up.. just doesnt go back down. ( I had to keep relieving the system pressure to bring the motor back down) I was looking for any kind of noise to give me some kind of hope.. but nothing. I tried to put a screw driver across the mains and nothing. So where should I start looking in the wiring at this point? And how do I pull the rear deck off so that I can get to the harness properly?
    I know there are a bunch of knowledgeable individuals on this site. Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!