Borrowed from BuzzB8 in the Stratos forum.
From top to bottom.
1. Leveling the boat using a level on the pad.
2. Measuring the distance from the pad to a level concrete floor.
3. Leveling the engine. (Use the trim button and move the engine, not the boat)
4. Measuring the distance from the center of the prop shaft to the floor. Now just subtract the prop shaft measurement from the pad measurement. For my set-up, the prop is 2.75" below the pad.
5. This picture shows that on my boat, I can still raise the engine .75" on the jackplate by removing the mounting bolts and raising the engine on the plate.