Another success story about Worldwide Marine Insurance. Thanks Bob!!!

I just want to express my gratitude to Bob Luellen and the entire staff at World Wide Marine.

Seven Months ago I impacted a underwater object that sightly damaged my lower unit. During the course of this accident, I sucked up weeds through my water intakes and overheated my powerhead. I immediately took the boat to my mechanic. After some teardown he informed me that I had burned out the #1 and #3 pistons. He told me that this was caused by a water restriction (which should be covered) caused by the weeds sucked up in my intakes.

I contacted my Insurance company (national company that I purchased on-line) and they set up an adjuster to inspect the damage. After inspecting the damage they informed me that my lower unit damage would be covered but my powerhead would not. The damage of the lower unit would be less than the deductible. Even with the expert opinion of my mechanic (30 years in the industry) they stated that the blown powerhead was due to mechanical failure. My mechanic provded them with a diagonostic readout, pictures of the weeds in my coolant lines, and the water pump still in great working order. They still denied the claim.

After much heartache and denial, I started to do some research on this because I could not let an insurance company off the hook on a claim that my mechanic and I knew should be covered. While on the BBC board, I came across a story about Bob helping a fellow member. I called Bob the next day and told him my story. Bob agreed that this should be covered and he immediately offered to help me fight to win my case. He contacted the adjuster's manager and started to work through this claim. After several discussions with this individual, he informs me he would not even review this case because Bob was not my agent. Claim stays denied.

Bob does not give up and tells me about the arbitration step that is available after a claim is denied. He gets me in contact with a local marine surveyor and we start the process. Seven months after the accident, I just received a check from my insurance company for the full amount to rebuild my powerhead.

Bob was not my agent but took on my case to help a fellow fishermen get the coverage that was due per my policy. Bob is now and will forever be my insurance agent. The professionalism of Bob and his entire staff is second to none. If you need insurance that really works for you contact Bob.

Bob Luellen
    World Wide Marine
    800-339-1235

Thanks Bob for everything. I sincerely appreciate it.

Jeremy Miller

Re: Another success story about Worldwide Marine Insu ... (jermmiller)

3. Member

Re: Another success story about Worldwide Marine Insu ... (jermmiller)