Anybody have insurance through Progressive?

^^^As the title states^^^

I put in an order for my boat, now I'm supposed to patiently wait until it's built and delivered (yeah, right!), but I'm trying to use the next few weeks to get the rest of my stuff in order. Insurance, of course, is on the list.

I have USAA for auto/home insurance, and in checking with them, they actually deal boat insurance out to Progressive.

So, does anybody have experience with Progressive for their boat insurance?
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

2. Member

Re: Anybody have insurance through Progressive? (1781ccT)

My old policy was with Progressive. It was an ACV (Actual Cash Value Policy) meaning the lesser of the insured value or the actual cash value at time of loss is what you get in the event of a total loss. I got a schooling from Bob and switched to an Agreed Value (Stated Value) Policy which I am VERY luck I did.

Jay

3. Member

Re: Anybody have insurance through Progressive? (cjmartin315)

Yeah, after reading some of the pinned information at the top of the forum, avoiding the actual value policy was a top priority
    -David Daye

4. Member

Had it for a week before I got letter from them cancelling it due to underwriter saying my Stroker was too fast to insure.

5. Member

Re: Anybody have insurance through Progressive? (Tacsavage)

I am in the same situation as you are, had USAA but they changed to progressive, tried to get insurance with progressive for new Allison XB21 2+2 with a 225 on it and they said that the motor was to much HP , I am now on the phone dealing with Bob at worldwide...

I was with USAA, but they recommended I go to Progressive because I fish and guide. Had my first claim and it was not a good experience for me. I've changed to MARKEL and have been happy, but have not had a claim. Being on Ranger's Pro Staff we must carry $1M in liability insurance and most companies will give it to you if and only if you move all your auto to them. I love USAA and keep my vehicles there, but have moved my boat insurance to Markel.
    The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both. By James A. Michener

7. Member

Re: Anybody have insurance through Progressive? (Tom Murphy)

Check with Boat US, this is the only place that would insure my Allison that I could find so far...

8. Member

Re: Anybody have insurance through Progressive? (sfstorm)

I'll check with Boat U.S. for sure.

For you USAA members, do an online quote directly on Progressive's website and see if you had the same experience as I did. It was about 15% cheaper ($40/yr) getting the quote directly with Progressive instead of entering my USAA member number.
    -David Daye

I had Progressive for four or five years. I had a claim when someone ripped off my electronics right out of my driveway. They came through very well, sent out an adjuster and I actually ended up with better stuff than I had before and had some money left over. They even paid for a new dash fascia that had gotten trashed.
    When I moved from Wisconsin to Michigan they wouldn't renew my policy and said that I had to reapply because it is written state to state and not nationally. I now have my boat attached to my renters policy for a bit less.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

10. Member

I also have USAA. I spent the first year with progressive and then went to BOAT US and got the policy Bob talked about. Never had claim.

2007 Skeeter ZX250
    300 HPDI VMAX

11. Member

I just picked up progressive through USAA as well. Picked up a 25K policy for about 600 a year on an 06 Stratos 294 PRO XL with 200HP Vmax (70+ MPH boat). I haven't had to use it so I can say much about them other than the price seemed reasonable.

Tips up!

12. Member

I had it with Progressive, but switched to World Wide Marine with Bob Luellen, I saved 300 bucks with more coverage

Modified by cougarcat22 at 7:23 AM 11/15/2011

13. Member

Re: Anybody have insurance through Progressive? (cougarcat22)

Wow!

I'm not going to ask how much you were paying before, but I think with the coverages I selected, mine is ~$275 per year. I have to imagine saving $300 a year was a relief, though I'd question how long it's gonna take for your body to recover from being reamed for however long you were paying the higher rate
    -David Daye

14. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by 1781ccT &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Wow!

I'm not going to ask how much you were paying before, but I think with the coverages I selected, mine is ~$275 per year. I have to imagine saving $300 a year was a relief, though I'd question how long it's gonna take for your body to recover from being reamed for however long you were paying the higher rate </td></tr></table>
    I was paying 900 bucks with highre deductible that I'm paying now, actually total savings 310 bucks yea it sucks being reamed, you live and learn !!

15. Member

Re: Anybody have insurance through Progressive? (cougarcat22)

Thank goodness for Bob!
    -David Daye

16. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by 1781ccT &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Thank goodness for Bob! </td></tr></table>
    That's a Big