Another Insurance Claim Story!

I had Progressive Ins. for the past few years on my boat. This year when it came time for renewal I called Bob Luellen at World Wide Marine to make sure I had everything I needed and he said I had done a good job of getting what I had and he did a few changes to make it better and I signed up with them as my agent.

Fast forward to my trip to 1000 Islands in June. Had some rocks jump up and bite my prop and lower end. Not good! Got home and called World Wide Marine. I forget who answered the phone but they said to call the 1-800 for Progressive and report the incident. Told Progressive where I wanted to take the boat for repair and they said that was fine, they had worked with them before. My boat was there on Monday. Adjuster was there on Tuesday and agreed with the estimate for a NEW lower end (from BRP) and prop and labor to the tune of $6000. Check was sent to me, less $350 deductible, and got the boat back in three weeks. There was a mix-up and the wrong lower unit was shipped the first time or else it would have been 2 weeks! When I paid the bill by credit card over the phone the price was different from the check sent to me. Tax and some shop fees were missed. Called the adjuster. He checked into it and cut me another check.

So, although Bob Luellen and World Wide Marine didn't really get involved other than my original call, as far as I am concerned, that was good. He said way back, when I signed up with them, that Progressive would take care of me if I had a claim and they did! And I am betting Bob Luellen and World Wide Marine would have gone to bat for me if needed because that is the confidence instilled in me from my first call to Bob months ago.

Thanx to World Wide Marine and Progressive!

I am a happy customer!

Bugs
    2003 Ranger 620VS
    2003 Yamaha 225HP
    2003 Yamaha 9.9HP

2. BBC SPONSOR

Re: Another Insurance Claim Story! (Bugs)

Bugs, I appreciate your kind words. I have been trying to educate the members here on Marine insurance. I have said this before, If the policy is written correctly in the first place the whole claims process is simple. Good luck on the water. Bob Luellen