Progressive Increased Rates!!

Progressive increased my rates by approx $50 per year year. No claims. Just wondering of anyone else had this happen to them? My premium run from Feb to Feb.

2. Member
    Progressive is always increases rates on everything,I have them and 1 more increase of any kind they are history.

3. Member
    I just checked rates on a possible new purchase and ACE came back quite a bit cheaper than progressive. Waiting for the email that shows what all is covered. Just got the rate from agent.
    Last edited by jsr; 02-17-2021 at 11:55 PM.

4. Member
    Mine went up $15 from last year without a claim.
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom

5. Member
    Disclosure, I am not in the insurance industry. Nothing new; insurance companies, are in it for the money and are always raising your rates even when you have not had a claim. The rate increase is due to other operators having claims and low profit margins; 2.7% in 2019. Unfortunately, the increases have been happening at a level that has not been seen since the early 1990s due to the difficulty in maintaining profit margins. Doesn't seem fair, and it isn't, but it is reality. If insurance companies only raised the rates on people who had claims they would never turn a profit. You can look around for another company; however, they will also raise your rates each year. I did a quick quote search, using my same coverage levels, and I could only save $20 a year by switching to Progressive and $35 a year if I switched to GEICO. I am sure cheaper rates are out there; however, I would have to forgo some of my coverage levels which is not worth the savings to me.
    Steve Bailey
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250L Pro XS TM
    SER# 2B575047

6. Member
    I get increases are going to happen. I could even accept a 2.5% increase to cover inflation, however, I had a 11% increase. Just seems high. I've started to shop around.

Does anyone know if using an agent is more costly than going direct?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingKY View Post
    I get increases are going to happen. I could even accept a 2.5% increase to cover inflation, however, I had a 11% increase. Just seems high. I've started to shop around.

Does anyone know if using an agent is more costly than going direct?
    An agent can usually shop around for you, unless you go captive. That's why it can be helpful to have agents like Bob. Pricewise, it really doesn't matter. What's important are the coverages.

I have progressive on my truck and it went down 29% from last year, renewal is this week.

I highly recommend getting a quote from a foremost agent....ive never had to make a claim, i know guys who have though.. They've been good to deal with and for what my boat is valued at I think it's fair.

9. Member
    Has anyone had experience with Progressive's mechanical breakdown coverage? I have Geico / BoatUS and they only cover lower unit so with my motor warranty expiring this year, I'd love to find insurance that covers the motor