Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A real insurance story that happened four days ago please read, Thanks Bob!

I felt compelled to share my recent experience with WorldWide Marine Boat Insurance regarding a boat accident I had 4 days ago on the water.

Recently (less then a month ago) , I took delivery of a brand new 2010 BassCat Pantera PIV bass boat with a Yamaha 200HPDI motor (my dream boat). Per my Bass club’s website Worldwide Marine was a promoted boat insurance company for it’s members. I called a respected member of my club and he enthusiastically said WWM saved him $200 per year on his boat vs his existing boat insurance policy.

Dollars and $ense:

I called Bob Luellen at WorldWide Marine and he saved me $200 plus dollars a year on my boat insurance too. Also, my insurance coverage was more comprehensive including my tackle for my new more expensive boat vs my previous less expensive and smaller boat. During my conversation with Bob I really could sense Bob's passion because he is a fisherman that understands the needs for bass fishermen and their bass boat needs.

Where the rubber meets the road:

Unfortunately, last week, I had a on the water accident that damaged my lower unit. I had such a sick feeling when it happened. Especially since my boat was one month old. To make a long story short I hit a floater (log) that I did not see in the water. I damaged my cavitation plate beyond repair, bent my prop shaft and lower unit gears. Immediately, I got off the water, took pictures of my damaged motor, emailed it to my dealer and took it to him the next day. Scott Brech at Brech’s Marine said I would need a new lower unit. I called World Wide Marine who is the underwriter for my policy. They detailed for me the protocols with my insurance carrier. (a national company to be remained nameless) I initiated the process to get my boat repaired knowing I was faced with another challenge. I was less then one week away from my Tournament Trail season ending event sponsored by local Marina and BassPro Shops. Normally a timeline would not be an issue but my partner and I are only two points out first place fishing on our home lake. I was concerned because my local agent/adjuster could not get out to see my boat until three-four days before my tournament event. If that happened there would be no way I could fish this tournament. I called Bob and boy did he pro-actively make things happen. In less then twenty four hours I had another agent to come out to my dealer, approve the repair, my dealer was able to order a new lower unit and I’ll have my boat back on the water in two days. Now I will be able to pre-fish before my tournament let alone be able to fish my tournament! That is impressive but better yet Bob called me and followed up at least FOUR times that day and did the same with my Boat dealer too. NOW that is incredible service!!! Bob and Worldwide Marine Insurance actively understood my needs as a fisherman and came through for me. It’s a comforting feeling to know that excellent service still exist and a business make you feel you are important to them! Also, Bob did not allow the insurance bureaucracy machine to slow down. His experience and networking skills got me back on the water way past my expectations. I can’t say thanks enough!!! I will be his customer for as long as I own my boat because I KNOW Bob will find the best policy for my boat insurance needs. One last comment. I live in Birmingham, AL and Bob’s office is out of Grand Ledge, Michigan. One might hesitate due to geographical distance but do not hesitate. He’s just as close your local agent is now just a phone call away! All I can say is WOW!!!

I want everyone to know I did not receive any special benefits per this post. I felt compelled to share this story and pay it forward. I am one very satisfied customer and want everyone know the great service I received!

If you are considering another boat insurance company please call:

Bob Luellen
    World Wide Marine
    800-339-1235

Good Day.

Tom Moore
    Birmingham, AL

Modified by Flyswatter at 8:18 AM 9/16/2009

2. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (Flyswatter)

Great post Tom! That should dispell many concerns folks might be having about switching over to Bob and WorldWide Insurance. Customer service like that is difficult to find in this day and age and more times than not your local insurance agent isn't as well versed in marine insurance as he is home, auto, health or life and you really don't have the coverage you need (or thought you had). It's not just about saving money on your policy (although that's certainly a welcome perk), it's more about knowing that you have the right kind of coverage for the best price, not to mention the fact that Bob will go the extra mile to see to it things get expedited if necessary.

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

3. Member

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (Backlash Ar)

Thanks!

Phone Correction should be:

If you are considering another boat insurance company please call:

Bob Luellen
    World Wide Marine
    800-339-1235

4. Member

Great post Tom and if you don't mind I will add a little more to it...

As some of you know, I blew my 225 Optimax a short time ago. The engine had received a new factory replacement power head at the end of 2004 due to the same problem only a different cylinder. The power head that blew this time had less than 100 hours on it and when I mentioned that to Bob he asked me to find out just what was replaced. Working with Don at European Marine I was able to give him my serial number and get a list of just what was replaced.

It was found that not only were the injectors to be replaced but also the fuel rails...which were not. Chris who is one of their claims adjusters and a retired long time Merc Factory Tech was able to speak with a friend of his who still actively works for Merc. The tech stated to Chris that the fuel rails should have also been replaced since they were also part of the cause of the failure in 2004.

Due to this Bob is trying to get Merc to cover the failure "Parts Only" due to the age of the engine. Bob asked that I send him new photos of my boat to show its condition as a way to show Mercury that the problem didn't happen due to neglect. When Bob saw the photos he called me and said that he was going to have to get busy on his boat because although mine was older, it looked better.

Bob has called me at least 6 times and has also emailed me several times with questions or follow ups. Although I feel he is fighting an up hill battle with Merc he has the information and technical support to make a very compelling argument which may just work out. He is a fighter and even though the engine blew due to mechanial problems which are not covered he is working a different angle to try and get some satisfaction.

5. BBC SPONSOR

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (Olddawg)

I really appreciate your kind words. I just want to provide a level of service that the members here deserve. We all love to fish and I just want to do what I can the help keep us on the water with affordable insurance. Thanks Bob Luellen 800-339-1235

6. Member

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (insurancepro)

I will be calling you Bob when my renewal comes up (Mar I think)

7. BBC SPONSOR

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (dmwphoto)

Thank you, We will take good care of you. Have A wonderful Christmas. Bob

8. Member

I just recently purchased a 1999 Triton Tr20 w/200 merc. This boat is in excellent condition. I was looking around for insurance and I think I will be givin Bob a call in the very near future.

1999 Triton TR-20 200 Merc EFI

9. Member

Hey....does Bob handle boat insurance in South Carolina? And does he insure center consoles?

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (HootieInAiken)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HootieInAiken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey....does Bob handle boat insurance in South Carolina? And does he insure center consoles?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes....and Yes.

11. Member

i just blew my 200 opti on my 2005 tzx 200 skeeter and would like to put a 225 pro xs can it be insured if the boat is rated for a 200

12. BBC SPONSOR

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (downdabayou)

I would strongly recomend you not to do this. If you over power a boat it will void the warrantee and you could recieve a ticket from a D.N.R as well as other law enforcment. I hope this helps. Have a Wonderful Christmas. Bob Luellen

13. Member

Also it would DQ you from most bass tournaments if you do fish tournaments at all.

1999 Triton TR-20 200 Merc EFI

14. Member

Re: A real insurance story that happened four days ago ple ... (Dam Yankee)

How does the restriction apply to my Allison?, as I understand it, my 04 GSE does not have a HP limit but has a weight limit....

2004 Allison GSE 225X Pro Max

15. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar

2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

16. Member

ill call him. I needed that thanks.

Bobby Hamrick
    Rocky Face GA
    01\' Ranger 519VX
    Rude 200 FICHT

17. Member

Re: A real insurance story that h ... (bobbyhamrickdalton)

Hey bob do you cover ky... I like what i'm hearing
    Blazin\'

18. BBC SPONSOR

Re: A real insurance story that h ... (cpdieselhouse)

Yes sir I do, Please give me a call. Thanks Bob Luellen 800-339-1235

Re: A real insurance story that h ... (insurancepro)

I just got off the phone with Bob Luellen who gave me a good schooling about bass boat insurance. Needless to say, I will be hiring Worldwide Marine to insure my boat. Everyone should contact Bob, he has alot of good information.
    Thanks Bob!
    Current boat: 2008 Ranger Z520 Merc 250 Pro XS

20. Member

Re: A real insurance story that h ... (insurancepro)

Hey Bob, how about Virginia! My boat is nothing fancy. 16ft. Grumman Challenger with 9.9hp Yamaha plus extras. If you cover Va. I'd like to give you a call.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast