Thread: Claim

Claim

So I bent my prop shaft and made insurance claim and they covered a reconditioned lower unit. Went to shop and signed the check, well the shop ordered and installed a brand new lower unit. The shop was like, there is a unpaid balance of $3000 or so. I looked back at the insurance quote and it says reconditioned lower. So has anyone had this happen? Insurance agent is going to contact the shop in the morning. Been without the boat for 2 months, and have tournaments coming up within a week. Will they just order the reconditioned lower and I have to wait or what? Thanks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by QuietTime View Post
    So I bent my prop shaft and made insurance claim and they covered a reconditioned lower unit. Went to shop and signed the check, well the shop ordered and installed a brand new lower unit. The shop was like, there is a unpaid balance of $3000 or so. I looked back at the insurance quote and it says reconditioned lower. So has anyone had this happen? Insurance agent is going to contact the shop in the morning. Been without the boat for 2 months, and have tournaments coming up within a week. Will they just order the reconditioned lower and I have to wait or what? Thanks for any info
    What did the WORK ORDER you signed state...

3. Member
    The insurance company apparently specified clearly what they would pay for. There is only a couple of outcomes of this and it probably will not be in time for your tournament. Will the boat dealer be willing to take off the new unit and replace with a re manufactured one? He is under no obligation to if you did not communicate to him in the beginning. If you did then he should be willing to swap.

4. Member
    Outcome update. Insurance agent contacted shop and shop ordered remaned lower unit and swapped out. Just in time to make the tournament.