summersville Lake

Going to be down at summersville lake starting friday afternoon for a week. Anyone have any suggestions on how the fishing is down there? I am sure it isn't good since it has been so hot but thought I would ask. Any suggestions on what to use?
    2007 Triton TR 186 /2007 Evinrude 175 ETEC
    Retired Air Force 1989-2010

Re: summersville Lake (lcmartin)

we use to camp up there in the summer yeas ago.fishing was always slow but we did catch a few.alot of the fish i caught where on the main lake and deep.about 30 feet deep to be exact.then i caught them on tubes.but with advances today in tackle i would say there are alot more things u could catch them.

3. Member

Re: summersville Lake (lcmartin)

Drop shot, jigging spoons, and carolina rigs are a couple more things to try. Don't be afrain to fish as deep as 60' if you're marking fish. I probably wouldn't fish anywhere deep without marking fish. There are some submerged brush piles up in salmon run that you might try too. Idle up until your boat is in about 40-50' in the middle then use your trolling motor to get up to about the 35' zone and fan cast going towards the ramp.

Re: summersville Lake (the_crab)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by the_crab &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Drop shot, jigging spoons, and carolina rigs are a couple more things to try. Don't be afrain to fish as deep as 60' if you're marking fish. I probably wouldn't fish anywhere deep without marking fish. There are some submerged brush piles up in salmon run that you might try too. Idle up until your boat is in about 40-50' in the middle then use your trolling motor to get up to about the 35' zone and fan cast going towards the ramp. </td></tr></table>man thats deep and in depth!!!