** Choke Canyon Share A Lunker 3-12-07 **

Just home from Lake Amistad as I have been concentrating on the going on's at Amistad with the Elite Series Pro's. Weighin was awesome today with ( 4 ) stringers over the 100 lb mark for the 4 days, congrads to rookie Derek Remitz with 111-7.....

Then I see where a SAL was caught today out of Choke Canyon Fish has been turned over to TP&W...

Angler - Dennis Weaver - Seguin,TX
    Weight - 14.5
    Bait - Jig

**he was competing in a tournament and the first fish of the day was a 6.5 and the 14.5 was the second fish he landed**

My goodness I love SOUTH TEXAS and I just happen to guide on this lake too

Debra Hengst
    http://www.debrahengst.com

2. Member

Re: ** Choke Canyon Share A Lunker 3-12-07 ** (Debra Hengst)

debra, i was there all week but to busy fishing to go to the weigh in's!! had an unbelievable week (3rd thru the 10th). stayed at anglers lodge next to greg guterriez, paul elias and mike wurm and the list goes on....class acts all of them.
    thought i might see you at dinner or around but it was VERY hectic around there! had an 11ber, two around ten, a few eight's and 10 or more in the 5 to six range. the fun thing was i decide to fish shallow all week (after fishing deep all winter) and were able to see the fish we were catching..(no bed fish). what a hoot!! traps, senko's on the calm days and a few NICE fish on deep diving x-rap......now CHOKE CANYON HERE WE COME!!!!!
    thanks again for all your reports and keeping us in touch with the wonderful world of south texas!