Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you?

Hello
    I live in Central NY, near Syracuse. I never see any posts on this NY page. Lets try to get this going. We can help each other out.
    Thanks,
    Ron
    Nitro State Team

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (NitroRon)

Hey Ron, what's up? I check this page every day, with all of the great fishing we have in NY you would think this forum would get a lot of traffic

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

3. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (Tailrace)

I know! I went out today on the Seneca River and had a ball. It started slow but picked up. Water temp was 55-58. I caught several Small mouth shallow in about 6-10 ft on rock, and several big large mouth in 3-6 ft. Their tails were fine, so they havent started bedding yet, but they are moving up. I am heading up to Erie next weekend. Have ou heard if the small mouth are biting there? Where are you from?
    Have a nice weekend!
    Nitro State Team

4. Member

I am here. But there was never a NEW YORK site before WAS THERE??

Tom Pavlot Jr

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (tom Pavlot jr)

Yeah Tom, this site has been here for a while now. Very rarely does it get any traffic....maybe we can change this

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Hey Ron, sounds like you had a good day I don't know anything about Erie, but please let us know how you did....and good luck I'm about two hours south of Syracuse and there's a lot of good fishing down here

7. Member

All the good fishing is in central NY. Down here on Greenwood(aka Deadwood) there is not much happening. Tom, what do you know about that????

NEVER FORGET 9/11/01!!!

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (kcq302)

Ahhhh Greenwood, aka the parking lot

Hey Greg....I'm not too far from you, just above Middletown. Do you ever get to Swinging Bridge or White Lake?

10. Member

Darryl, I have never fished either of the two. Where exactly are they located?

NEVER FORGET 9/11/01!!!

11. Member

Live in Rochester area. Fish mostly the finger lakes, lake Erie and Ontario and the islands area.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kcq302 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Darryl, I have never fished either of the two. Where exactly are they located?</TD></TR></TABLE>
    They're both in Sullivan County. Swinging Bridge is nine miles long and loaded with smallies, and has some good quality largemouth too. White Lake is quite a bit smaller and pretty clear, but man does that lake hold some good quality fish. Two years ago I caught a 6-1/2 lb largie during a night tournament. A lot of people have a tough time catching fish on White Lake, but it's without a doubt one of my favorite lakes

13. Member

Nice. Theres no problems launching or any horsepower restrictions at either one? I wouldnt think either lake would get much trafiic during the week. Next chance I get I'm going to get out there. Thanks Darryl.

NEVER FORGET 9/11/01!!!

14. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (tom Pavlot jr)

What's up Pavlot? Schwoeppe here. I have a boat now, blue '96 ranger 362xt with a 150, but got it too late to make it into salt city as a boater.

I checked in there a month ago and there weren't any reports. I sometimes post reports on NYBASS, i'll try to remember to copy and paste here if I do.

NitroRon, I was also on the Seneca that day. Caught mostly smallies, biggest was 4-4 and had a few over 3. It was my best day of the year by far, but I haven't been back to the river since. The smallies should be mostly postspawn by now. I saw a guy at the ramp with his family loading up a nitro onto a surburban or yukon, was that you?
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

15. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (bschwoep)

Hey guys. I just stumbled across the New York page here. I'm in Auburn and mostly fish Cayuga, Owasco, Duck, and Onieda lakes. Cayuga was amazing a couple of weeks ago. Had a couple of 20 fish days with 4 over 4 lbs. It was tough last weekend though.

Where do you guys fish in the Seneca river? I have fished the Montezuma area but have always had limited success.

16. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (tgreen)

tgreen, Most in the Syracuse area fish the Seneca river down stream of the Baldwinsville lock until it dumps combines with the Oneida River to form the Oswego River. You can launch out of Onondaga Lake to get to that stretch of the Seneca. It's nice because if they're not biting in the lake, you try the river or vice versa. The river and the lake are at the same elevation too, so no locks.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kcq302 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice. Theres no problems launching or any horsepower restrictions at either one? I wouldnt think either lake would get much trafiic during the week. Next chance I get I'm going to get out there. Thanks Darryl. </TD></TR></TABLE>
    Greg,
    Swinging Bride has three launches....One is at Swinging Bridge Marina, the next is at Starlight Marina (both pay launches) and the third is the state launch, you'll have no problems launching at any of these. When you're running on Swinging Bridge, stay in the middle...there are some boulders that aren't marked, as long as you stay in the middle you'll be fine. If you launch at either one of the marinas, they have maps of the lake that you can check out, plus they'll be able to tell you more about the lake
    There is one launch at White Lake....it's a state launch with a good ramp and a nice dock to tie off on. White lake is marked pretty good for obstructions. Let me know when you plan on going and I'll be more than happy to let you in on some of my sweet spots....'specially on white Lake No hp restrictions at either lake, just make sure you're up to par because both get patrolled really well. During the week is definitely the best time for these....Swinging Bride on the weekend is a mirror image of Greenwood....you wouldn't catch me on either during the summer weekends

18. Member

Hi,

New to the site (Thanks Darryl). Live in the Syracuse area. Moved here from Northern NJ last year with my hubby and 3 girls. LOVE FISHING. Looking forward to years of fishing the great lakes that NY boasts.

Looking forward to this forum and learning lots of things. (sometimes I learn too much and I overthink things LOL)

CC

Modified by Champlain Cindy at 8:50 AM 7/18/2008
    Champlain Cindy

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (Champlain Cindy)

Welcome aboard the best site on the web Cindy There's a wealth of information here, and please feel free to ask any questions or give advice Be sure to check out the Lounge.....that place can be a riot

20. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (John M)

Living in macedon, just east of rochester. Fishing mostly the big O bays and finger lakes.
    Great fishing we have in NY.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast