Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (U.S. eh Champ!)

I remember Brewerton Sports. I lived down in Cicero then.

I like the area. Yesterday my son went to the hatchery and held some walleye, he also got to stir the pot of eggs. Had fun. We'll probably go again today.

So what is your arrangement now? You live in A bay? North of the border? It's ab beautiful area.

Colonel Adrian C. \"Kermit\" Pone\', 12/20/64 - 01/21/10
    God Remembers Lest We Forget, Please Support Our Troops

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

2. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (dtpss188)

I used to spend my summers in A-Bay. I worked the main dock there and I met a Canadian girl worth moving across the border for. Now I spend almost every weekend on the St. Lawrence but I live just north of there in Ottawa. I was just making plans with a buddy from Fulton. Sounds like he is coming up next weekend to do some crappie fishing on the Rideau River. I am excited to get out.

3. Member
    NY Fishing report. The fish have all drowned from all of the friggin rain. When will it stop?

4. Member

Re: (dtpss188)

Oneida Lake, Oneida River, and Seneca River are all closed to boats as of 5/3/11 due to flooding. Lets hope for the rain to quit and lake levels to go DOWN.

5. Member

Oneida open again.

Alrighty then. Having your 80 square mile lake closed to boating is a real bummer when fishing season is 2 days away. Friday night May 6th they re-opened Oneida lake in the nick of time. Apparently Oneida River was opened as well. Good news, I believe I will celebrate with a cocktail!!!

6. Member

101 plus reasons to fish Oneida....

Check out the link, these guys had a good day.

http://www.nybass.com/showthre...-Lake

7. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (NitroRon)

I agree. I think maybe we should have a post devoted to each of the lakes we enjoy fishing on One or Oneida one for Erie etc..! Maybe another post that talks about upcoming tournaments etc
    Nitro 901 CDX 200 Mercury EFI Motor Serial: 0T143312

8. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (jakarpinsk1)

capital district too!!!! usually fish with mark gilbert!!! smaller ponds with my pelican bass hunter

9. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (fish_repellant)

Hey fellas I'm headed up to saratoga this weekend anybody gonna be on saratoga oneida champ.. etc?
    chris davis
    07 Basscat Puma
    250ProXS
    2 HDS8's
    Apartment on Guntersville.
    Cdav111@gmail.com

10. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (cdav111)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by cdav111 &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Hey fellas I'm headed up to saratoga this weekend anybody gonna be on saratoga oneida champ.. etc?</td></tr></table>

Should only be about 40,000 boats on toga this weekend for Labor Day
    Nitro Z18
    175hp ProXS

11. Member

Re: Come on NYers!!! Where are all of you? (NitroRon)

Just Moved to the finger lakes area from the south. I am so excited this place is so awesome. Cant wait to fish.

12. Member
    I just found this place too. I'm pretty surprised there's not more discussion taking place with all the great water in NY.
    I was at Oneida over the weekend, and IMO, it was the best weekend of the year so far. Curious how everyone else did. I'm gonna try to get back wed or thurs this week!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jj7712 View Post
    I just found this place too. I'm pretty surprised there's not more discussion taking place with all the great water in NY.
    I was at Oneida over the weekend, and IMO, it was the best weekend of the year so far. Curious how everyone else did. I'm gonna try to get back wed or thurs this week!
    ndto think I ws comng here to get some info on Onieda .......almost a year since last post I ruined it..cant believe there isn't more peeps on here ..you NY peps love to talk !!e

I was just saying the same thing lets get these post started.

15. Member
    I just moved onto Oneida in Bridgeport. Im in for sharing spots and techniques if anyone is around.

16. Member
    Not much doing around these parts. For some reason we seem to be very anti-social here! I would say it is the winter blues that has everyone in a funk, but there might be 5 new posts on here a year. It isn't the easiest forum to find, but not a real talkative group. I have a little bit of knowledge of Oneida. I have been on it 10 times or so. I will let you know when I am coming down.

17. Member
    This section is kind of sad. Only 3 pages of posts since 2008. Let's get cranking on the NY site. We have some of the greatest fishing opportunities around. I will be fishing the NY B.A.S.S Federated and maybe the NNY bassmasters federated this year. I will be fishing many places so I will try to post on how all the prefishing goes. I fish for bass, walleye and musky. I will be fishing Chautauqua Lake on the opening weekend if my new boat is ready. Any input on that lake would be appreciated.

18. Member
    I have tried this rally before. I hope you are more successful. I think it would get a little better if we had a NY forum that was more accessible. Maybe I will contact Al and see what is entailed. I fished the NY Bass Federation for years. I miss it a bit but gave up the majority of my tournament fishing to spending more time on the water with my kids. I am only fishing 1 big event on the St. Lawrence this year. Unfortunately I don't have any seat time on Chatauqua. I have heard it is an incredible fishery. I think most people rely on targeting docks. I have heard there are some isolated weedbeds that load up with fish. Don't be surprised to catch a 4lb smallie then a 30 lb muskie on back to back casts! Apparently there is a healthy population of both.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. eh Champ! View Post
    I have tried this rally before. I hope you are more successful. I think it would get a little better if we had a NY forum that was more accessible. Maybe I will contact Al and see what is entailed. I fished the NY Bass Federation for years. I miss it a bit but gave up the majority of my tournament fishing to spending more time on the water with my kids. I am only fishing 1 big event on the St. Lawrence this year. Unfortunately I don't have any seat time on Chatauqua. I have heard it is an incredible fishery. I think most people rely on targeting docks. I have heard there are some isolated weedbeds that load up with fish. Don't be surprised to catch a 4lb smallie then a 30 lb muskie on back to back casts! Apparently there is a healthy population of both.
    That is awesome! I am hoping to get to Chautauqua the week before the tournament for at least one day to learn the lake a bit. I will try and get there to prefish again the day before. U.S. eh Champ!, What event are you fishing on the St. Lawrence this year? Where will you be fishing? I fish quite a bit from Waddington to Massena.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egladding View Post
    That is awesome! I am hoping to get to Chautauqua the week before the tournament for at least one day to learn the lake a bit. I will try and get there to prefish again the day before. U.S. eh Champ!, What event are you fishing on the St. Lawrence this year? Where will you be fishing? I fish quite a bit from Waddington to Massena.
    I will be fishing an event that blasts off from the Canadian side the same weekend as the Elite series is visiting the River. I am really disappointed in the scheduling but anxious to do well. It is closer to A-bay. I have only fished up near Waddington once. I like my section upriver better!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast