Thread: Lake St. Clair

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (jonesman)

usa side! drop shot,tubes,white crank baits.fished drop shots with about 12-15 inch tag end.(between sinker and hook)7-9 foot water.4 and 5 inch worms.cuaght most in lake but did p/u some in north channel were it comes out in lake on the channel drop next to weed line.on the green bouy side.current makes it kinda tuff though.not to mention the wakes from the big ars cruiser yaghts.but the tr21x took it well it handles the big water great.

2. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (Dave Ervin)

dave, did you not get my IM i sent ya?ill send ya another one with my phone number give ya some tips and places to stay even directions.let me know if ya dont receive them.e-mail me @ triton1costa@aol.com

3. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (triton1cos)

Water on the Mile roads is in the low 50's now. Saw fish anywhere from 3 to 10 feet. Can't wait till the 26th to get out and catch a few - witht he weather FC in the 70's this week, 20+ lbs should not be an issue.

Tight lines boys - will report in the next week or so.

Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (yukonjack2)

Hey Jack, where is te best place to launch over there to fish the mile roads?

5. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (blazin461)

anyone been out lately?

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (omykng)

I am interested in knowing myself.

7. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (omykng)

I was out 8-8-08 to 8-10-08. Fished the mile roads and Saint Clare river(SCR). The mile rds are good once you get out to 13-17 fow. Best bets are tubes (browns & greens), drop shot gulp baits, deep diving cranks and top water if weather permits. In the river I fished Marine City, Fawn Island and Algonac. The fish have just started to make their way into the river it should only get better. There was plenty of fish but the size wasn't there yet. Caught them anywhere from 20-40 fow mostly on dark colored coffee tubes with 3/8 oz jig. I also tried tube with 3/4 oz head and drop shot but didn't catch as many. The lake was angry all 3 days I was there. Had a major cold front come in with 20+ mph winds. Still did pretty good, took 2nd place and big bass for club tx.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

8. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (MI bassassassin)

fished july 23,24,25,26.many 3,4,41/2 #ers my biggest was 51/2 buddy caught one 6.01 all off miles road area15-16 fow.three boats went up in r party.best 5 weighed in at over 23#'s with 20# sacks every day.are best was just under22#it was a blast a little rough but fun.

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (triton1cos)

Read somewhere you have to watch out for the hunters in the river ( duck hunters), how true is this?

John 17

10. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair Fall Smallie fishing? (beaus5keepers)

Yeah it's true especially in the fall. I fish the Detroit River in the fall and they hunt it pretty good!

\" Common Sense Is Not That Common\"

11. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (bcbasser)

Old posts above.

I have never been to st.clair
    We have a federation state fish off coming in July 09
    I have no clue were to start.
    Any suggestions or guides ?

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (Bass Boat TR21x05)

You'll need to get a good map and get to work on finding the bigger fish. You can catch fish just about any where on St. Clair......from 1' to 35'.....but finding the big ones will be hard. If you have NEVER been on the water before......you should plan on at least 5 days of pre-fishing if possible......one or two days will not cut it....unless you commit to one area and spend both days there.

I don't believe you're going to get much information on "areas" to fish from anyone. With so many tournaments being held on St. Clair....everyone is keeping their spots to themselves. The boat traffic is terrible once the sun comes up on the U.S. side...but the Canadian side doesn't get much of the pleasure boaters and should be more calm. If you have not already....you should get a Canadian and Walpole license. You can obtain these from Lakeside Tackle located on Jefferson Rd. They will mail them to you or you may pick them up.....but you need to get them your information by Tuesday so they have your licenses by Thursday.

Look for grass and/or rock in the big lake......and current breaks in the several rivers that feed St. Clair along with the channels themselves.

Good luck I'm not fishing the fish-off.....but will be down at the end of the month for the Michigan Bass Federation Tournament August 2nd.

BS

\"I don\'t care how you did the other day..........bring em\' to the scales!\"

13. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (BigSmallie II)

I am also going to lake St Clair but not until the end of September, what should I expect the fishing to be like, will the fish be shallow or deep still and if I bought all the necessary licencse to cover all areas of st clair how much would that cost. What kind of bait should I expect to throw

14. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (jawjerker)

JJ, I am leaving to go Thursday, My brother was their today, he only caught 2 fish.
    licsenses are $78 for 1 week, you need the 8 day canadian and 7 day wallapole and you need to order them ahead of time at this link.
    http://www.lakesidefishingshop.com/

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (jawjerker)

JJ:

The fishing in September is usually very good!! Blades, Cranks, Tubes.....the usual. Should be able to get fish shallow & deep as they will be feeding up.

You should have no problem finding fish......just look out for Duck Hunters!!

BS

16. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (bcbasser)

fished tournament on june 27th, smallies on fire, only in canadian waters. we ended up catching about 40 keepers, majority of them 3-4 pounds

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (22shawn250)

Is finding fish in U.S. waters tough in the summer months? I am looking to go over there sometime in August and prefer to stay in U.S. waters.

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (blazin461)

The later in August..........the better. The water hasn't heated up enough yet and the bait fish have not started to move into the channels as of this past weekend. Once the bait fish start to move into the channels.....the smallies will follow. You can whack them on flats and in the channels. If the bait have not moved in by the time you go.....you'll need to do a lot of work finding the bait in the main lake.

The bait fish is key........if you find the bait fish......you will whack the big smallies!!

BS

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (BigSmallie II)

Well, I got all geared up and ready to head over there early tomorrow morning (Aug. 10th) But just a little while ago, I checked the forcast for LSC and a few other local cities....St. Clair Shores, Mt. Clemens, etc and they are forcasting "numerous showers and thunderstorms all day long with 70% chance. That pretty much sums it up. Don't feel like making a 2 1/2 hour drive to fish in the probability of storms. Rain doesn't bother me to fish in, but I do not risk or chance lightning. Sounds like a good time to go anyway is later this month and September. Thanks for the info BigSmallie II.

20. Member

Re: Lake St. Clair reports Post here. (blazin461)

blazin461, sent you an IM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast