Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: False River reports (Chad)

If the Code man is not playing baseball I am planning on being there. Forgive my ignorance but is there going to be a tourney?

Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

2. Member

Re: False River reports (captainrab)

Did you get my IM on the devcon?

There is a tourney on Saturday....however, it is more of a bragging rights tourney....plaques are awarded as official prizes....got to be a problem at other rallies with locals coming in and winning...and joining up on here just to fish and win that money...there will be side bets probably, and anyone can participate....there will probably be a big bass pot as well.....BUT, this will be just "on the side" and we are able to include or exclude who we wish....for the reason of the "local" thing, and the fact that alot of people who will be here have never fished here before, I may opt out of the side pots......well, with everyone except you and cajun skeeter if he makes it....

A few already have said they will be there starting Thursday....I will be as well....imagine there will be a couple beers drank and a few stories swapped....I am pumped up and ready to get together with everyone!!

More info, including rules of the tourney and what not are on the Louisiana Rally II forum....

3. Member

I plan on being there...I guess it's okay to bring my Dad as a guest?

4. Member

Re: False River reports (ppcpilot)

Most definitely!!!

BTW, go over to the Rally forum and sign up on the partner post.

5. Member

Chad
    Can you give me any ifo on the rally? I don't know what actually takes place.
    100% Registered Coon-ass

6. Member

Re: False River reports (Bayoufisher)

http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=186

these are the rules of the tournament portion of the rally

Other than that, the rallies are basically big get togethers from as many people as will come from each state (and surrounding ones as well) that are members (and their guests) of BBC...do a little fishing, do a little cooking, meet everyone, drink a few beers, tell a few lies, pass a couple farts, etc.....Some people will be there as early as Wednesday I would imagine....kinda of like a big family reuinion.....

7. Member

Fished Friday night...didn't have too bad of a night for the boat....but I did get my behind handed to me by may partner (who, by the way, hasn't fished since the last time I took him last August )....

Fish bit pretty good early for us on trick worms in 5-6 feet of water...seemed to be the pattern all night....caught 16 fish I think, with 4 of them being keepers. 7.04, so not much size to them, but 14 inchers nonetheless....3rd place....only wish I could have given my partner more help....we may could have had that 5th fish...

Seemed pretty tough for everyone though...not a whole lot of fish weighed in, and first place was 3 fish for 8.70....cool weather is around the corner though, and once it does, the fish are going to be nuts!!! the tough conditions right now are healping to leave lots of fish for the fall.....

BTW, those of you who have not signed up for the rally yet need to get your tails over to the LA rally forum....you know who you are.....

8. Member

Well, this past Friday was a good bit tougher for me...the fish have moved again, and we caught considerably less fish than we have the past couple of weeks. Did manage to catch a goodun though, 6.52, which got us third place and big fish...Not sure if I am gonna make it out the next two weeks with the classic being in 2 weeks....may just lay off em for a while and try to stay on top of them, but not hammer them...First place, for about the umpteenth week in a row was David Plunkett and Chad Vosburg with 4 fish going over 9 pounds...Second place was Danny Lassiegne and Maurice Loup with 8 and change...not sure on how many fish they had....

If someone could use a measuring board (no names, but his initials are Cajun Skeeter) we would have been out of the money for sure, and he probably would have given a good run at first...

J/k with ya dude...fishing by yourself, even with that fish gone, you still kicked me and my partner's butts by yourself....its always nice to get your entry fee back, but lets face it, these things are for bragging rights, and you got em last week!!

Oh yeah, again caught fish on trick worms in shallow water...

9. Member

Yeah, I'd hate to be that poor Schmuck who can't measure fish......it'd really be embarassing if he was like an Engineer or something, wouldn't it?

That really stunk. I haven't caught any fish all summer and then got DQ'd for the first time ever. Oh well, I hope this means that my fish are FINALLY turning on again.

10. Member

Re: False River reports (Cajun Skeeter)

What is about dead shad at Concordia every year? They say False river has the samething happen. I have never heard of this. I was planning on fishing False river in the morning and was wondering if this effects the bass fishing any?

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sp....html
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

11. Member

Re: False River reports (KLSU)

It happens when the lake turns over....I don't find that it has too much of an effect on fishing though, at least not at False River...doesn't get too bad there...

But, I can tell you from first hand knowledge...pay no attention to ANYTHING Joe Mac prints....he is certifiable....when I used to run the TAFT on the river, I would send him the results and say that fish were biting on worms in brush, and he would print that the fish were caught on spinnerbaitsd on ledges....dude is just a bit slow....

12. Member

Joe Mac keeps the real reports for himself and posts the bs for all the suckas to read. Don't ever believe what you read in his fishin reports. I don't think I've ever caught any fish on what he recomended in his column.

13. Member

LMAO! Well at least the weather will be nice in the morning even if the fish are not biting. I don't usually leave False river empty handed so I'm sure I will stick a few fish anyway.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

14. Member

so are yall coming to the rally?

15. Member

Man we've got a camp at FR and I dont even hardly go anymore...for some reason you can 5-star lock it i'm not gonna catch shit. Used to do good out there as a kid when there was still grass. The odd thing is I almost always do good on the Amite where nobody else can catch shit...guess it's just how you hold your mouth.

I might try to make the rally, but I already made some committments to the byuboyz to be at their rally the same weekend.

Re: False River reports (Hydrasports205)

Thinking about checking the place out tomorrow. Never been there, where would you guy's suggest to launch from and directions or address to the launch? Directions would only be needed when I get close to the river, thanks in advanced.

17. Member

Re: False River reports (45cal4life)

Coming from Lafayette, not sure which way you would come....probably either get off at Ramah or Grosse Tete and go through Livonia I would imagine....when you get to the river, you make a left, and go into town...right after you reach the 25 mph speed limit, you will see a large Catholic Church on your left...directly across from it you will see a ramp going down the bank...that is the public landing, and you can launch and park there!

18. Member

Fished Friday and only managed 2 dinks 11 & 13". I usually do better at False River but Friday I struggled. At least it was nice weather.

Modified by KLSU at 10:38 AM 9/5/2006

19. Member

Friday night stunk as well.

Only ~ 12 boats in the Tourney due to the holiday.

Only saw 3 boats weigh in fish. One boat had 2 keepers, one had 3 keepers, and one had 4. The total weight for 4 fish was about 6.5 lbs. Big fish for the night was a whopping 2.3 lbs.

I thought that the cool weather would help...I guess that's what you get for thinking

20. Member

Re: False River reports (Cajun Skeeter)

Well that makes me feel better! I'm like you thinking the cool weather would have been better also. Oh well.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast