Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Salt Water reports

put saltwater reports here

2. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (cjdauth)

I heard of some reports of people catching trout in the Dularge area... That is a good sign

3. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Groman)

I sure hope so. I'm still worried about running in the canals near the coast. No telling what's in the water. There were several 2 to 4 hundred pound metal offshore containers on the camp property that is 4 miles from the coast, running out there right now scares the hell out of me. Not offshore, just running to get there.
    2016 Jackson Big Tuna
    Addicted to Kayak Fishing!

Re: Salt Water reports (Groman)

Went to Dularge yesterday. We caught 2 reds and 6 trout

5. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Boatless Cajun)

Were are catching Trout and Reds right out of Weswego in the Lake Cataouatche and Salvador area. The fish are real mixed in size and the you can catch a few bass in the same spots.
    Mike / 20xdc 225 Supermag well I\'m back in business

\"It\'s Huntin time people\" well thats over with

6. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (rusty202)

been hearing good stuff out of cocodrie

7. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Hydrasports205)

fished lafitte in the pen for some specks we did good last weekend all 15 inch fish but the water was clean and the wind was down no fish today friday 02/03/06 water was muddy ran to clovely canal and did good with reds from burnt camp to the power lines and in cove in front of canal

8. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (gdr2525)

Hey guys I have been fishing the Hopedale/Delacroix Marshes and the "H" word did anything but mess up the fishing. I have been catching 30-50 trout every trip with a few reds mixed in. Also, over towards Lake Lery/Lost lake area, I have been find a few bass! That's right BASS! Nothing spectacular but have caught 10-12 since the storm, one going about 3lbs. But if you venture out be real care the bayou are filled in bad and there are camps/container/trash all over. But if you take your time and do not go on a low tide you should be alright.
    One other thing it is a absolutely horrible the amount of destruction down there.

Just remember St. Bernards motto: "This is God's Country" I truly believe this area like Venice is the "Sportsman's Paradise"

Ranger 185 VS / Yamaha 150 VMAX

9. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Chad)

The specks are starting to move out of the winter holes, making their way to the beaches. The topwater bite is on. I fish the Cocodrie and Dularge areas.

Re: Salt Water reports (NoSwett185)

Fished the Delacroix marshes on this past Sunday and two of us caught about 45 trout and around 40 reds. The fishing is fantastic even with the high winds we've been having. Trout are hitting glow DOA shrimp 2' under a popping cork and all the reds were caught on avacado/red sparkle beetles with gold spinners. Nothing surprising about the baits, but fish were pretty much everywhere we went. The reds were ganged up pretty thick in the ponds in less than 2' of water.

11. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Ring King)

How far of a drive if you had to guess would the Delacroix marshes be from Lafayette?
    Thanks
    2016 Jackson Big Tuna
    Addicted to Kayak Fishing!

Re: Salt Water reports (LAChamp)

It would be about 2hrs 25min from Lafayette. It's just a little east of New Orleans. If you want to come over for some fishin' just let me know! I'm out pretty much every weekend. We hammered em again yesterday catching about 35 trout and around 30 reds. Nine reds over 30 inches with the biggest one being 37.5". All caught on sparkle beetles and cacahoe grubs.

13. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Ring King)

Today we fished the Chauvin/Lake Boudreaux area. We caught 33 specks from 14 to 19 inches. Smoke/Chartreuse tail cocahoe minnows on a red head. Also caught 4 reds on albino flukes in the duck ponds. The specks are schooling up and are about to move out of the marshes. 1 to 2 more weeks and most of the quality trout will be at the barrier islands. I heard some good reports from Cocodrie also. The coves on the backside of Last Island are producing some monsters. I also caught some trout on topwater, that by far is my favorite way to fish them. Chrome colored She-Dog. I didn't catch many, but they were all 18+in.

14. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Chad)

Made it out to Last Island (south of Cocodrie). I caught 17 monster speckled trout ( 2 to 4 lbs) on topwater before the sun came up. I finished off my limit by popping a split-tail grub under a cork. The water is clear and warm. Live bait would have been better, but I love the topwater action. Great day!

15. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (rocket..300)

Well, since the bass fishing around the area pretty much sucks, I went back speck fishin'. We smoked 'em! My dad and I went on Sat. 5/13 and caught 50 real quick. We fished the Cocodrie area around Wine island. All fish came off of wellheads in the lake. Believe it or not, we caught them on hot pink H&H cocahoe minnows. The sh#t is on in Cocodrie, go git you some!!!!!!

16. Member

Well fellas, I smoked their a$$es again! 50 big trout for 9:00 am. Topdogs and Super Spooks. Make ya'll way to Cocodrie, it's on FIRE!!!!!

17. Member

And another nice limit of trout from good ole Last Island in Cocodrie. The nicer trout have moved to the outside of the beaches and the topwater bite has slowed , BUT they are biting the hell out of the plastics under the birds in the lake and on the beach. We caught them on hot pink cocahoes and smoke split tails, mostly under a cork. The water is emerald green on the inside of the beach and also along the outside. IM me if ya'll wanna know the spots around Cocodrie.

18. Member

what r the trout & reds doin now down there. we gonna be in franklin sometime friday night , want to fish saterday & sunday mornin. would be gratefull for any help.
    ronnie gillespie
    team k & m rods/ mr. hooty spinner baits
    eddie\'s marine
    2005 blazer 210 pro v/ 2016 250 pro xs

19. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (fuzz)

Just got back from Last island Sunday. Went out saturday and caught around 25 specks but smoked the white trout. Specks on live shrimp mostly but white trout on LSU bayou chubs. The specks do seem like they are slowing down some but maybe that was just the morning we went.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

20. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (KLSU)

Ya'll are about 3 weeks too late for the big speck bite around the islands. From early May to last week of June is when the fishing is really red hot. There are still specks to be caught, but they are mostly out west, towards Coon Point and Ship Shoal 69 areas. If ya'll go back, try night fishing in Terrebonne Bay, at the few lit platforms. My focus from July to September in saltwater, are Bull Reds. They pile up in the passes and try to eat every crab that comes through it. These beasts are from 18 to 35 lbs. and will get you tired real quick. Whoever would like to make a trip, IM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast