Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (rocket..300)

Actually I wasn't late I have been smoking the trout for 3 months now!
    Just the last trip I noticed a big difference in numbers. We hit coon's point also with zero luck along with about 10 other boats I saw picking up and leaving. Also tried a couple of wellheads with nothing to show.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

2. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (KLSU)

Yeah, I should have put, "BIG" specks. I was talking about the limits of 3-6 pounders are hard to find now. There are still a chit load of fish around, but a 13"-15" limit is pretty much it, in the Lake Pelto area. How was water clarity?

3. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (rocket..300)

i guess we will be to late, my useual story,,lol. we r goin this weekend, supposed to be stayin in the franklin erea, a friend give us some gps points. my brother in law wants to catch some specs mostly , i want to catch some of them big red fish. i have heard all my life how they fight & thats what i want. i have only fished salt water 1 other time around grand isle & we was about a week to late then to. oh well we gonna go & have a good time anyway, hopefully.
    ronnie gillespie
    team k & m rods/ mr. hooty spinner baits
    eddie\'s marine
    2005 blazer 210 pro v/ 2016 250 pro xs

4. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (fuzz)

Well being a bass fisherman first and a SW guy second I have to tell you a redfish fight 10 times harder than specs. Specs come to the top of the water fast so unless he is big most of the time it is just hook and reel. No real fight. A red on the other hand is like catching a large bass except I think fight even harder and defiantly longer. My wife and I go and catch reds in the marsh 5 - 10lbs and you talk about a kick. I only fish with Artificial and catch my limit most of the time. If you are heading to the passes to catch bull reds then cracked crabs are the ticket. Just use Carolina rig and you will be fine.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

5. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Chad)

We are smokin the reds in lake Boudreaux south of Chauvin. They are eating up a H&H Beetle spin with a black/Chart. tail cocahoe on a 1/4oz jighead. They are schools of up to 100 fish. Just come out of Boudreaux canal and start working islands to the north.

6. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Anthony4bass)

Kicked a$$ on the redfish this weekend. We probably caught 40. Most came on spoons, but did catch some monsters on cracked crab. Westside of Lake Boudreaux. I also caught a friggin 36 lb drum on crab in 2' of water . The sh*t is on as always down here, ya'll come get some....

7. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Rocket MaN)

hey guys, my brother in law , my son & i r headed down to leeville tommorrow night. we want to fish saterday mornin until about dinner time then we r gonna have to leave to head back. can ya'll give me any info for red fish & trout. my brother in law was down there a few weeks ago & done pretty good, was hopein they r still bitein. thanks for any info.
    ronnie gillespie
    team k & m rods/ mr. hooty spinner baits
    eddie\'s marine
    2005 blazer 210 pro v/ 2016 250 pro xs

8. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (fuzz)

The specks are moving back in!!!! Lake Boudreaux is on....nothing huge, but limits can be caught under the birds!

9. Member

Went to Lake Boudreaux yesterday. We caught alot of speckled trout, but plenty of them were small. We ended up with 15 specks and 8 20-34" reds. Nice day, but kinda windy...

10. Member

Da Reds are thick!!!! Caught a limit in no time yesterday in the canals around lake Boudreaux. Black and Chartreuse cocahoe minnow on a red head, throw on the bank and bounce it back to the boat...

11. Member

Reds, reds, and more reds. The north wind blew all the water out of the marsh and the redfish are in the canals. Caught 10 in 25 minutes this morning. It wasn't even fun. Purple/chartreuse cocahoe minnows on a red head.

12. Member

Speckled trout are ganging up in the pipeline canals and are biting good.

Topwater early and late, casting or popping a cork in the middle of the day.

Smoke/chart. cocahoes or bone colored split-talis on a red head.

They'll be in the canals until early May, so the wind does not effect your fishing. Ya'll go get some!!!!

13. Member

Speckled trout are biting like crazy! In the marsh, in the canals, out at the beach. Falling tide and clear water.........topwater is my choice, but they are biting on just about everything.

14. Member

Smoked that azz Thursday and Friday......225 specks in 3 trips.

Cocodrie is on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Member

Wow, what a summer we have had at the beaches!!!

The specks are still biting, but live bait is prefered and they have mostly moved to structures in deeper water off of the beaches.

It's time to start slamming the bull reds in the passes. Cracked crab and mullet on a falling tide will make the reels sing. Also, if possible, make a night trip for specks under the lit platforms in the lakes and bays...cool temps and the fishing is fast and furious.

16. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Looks like your the only one that fishes salt. Looks like you have the best of both worlds. One day i'll do a little of that inland salt fishing. Cant do the offshore stuff if you know what i mean.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

17. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (fishin couillon)

It's that time of year again fellas!

18. Member

you could probably catch redfish right now with your eyes closed.

Had the opportunity to fish out of dularge and cocodrie last weekend for a rodeo. Fished mainly for reds and big drum and did really well. ended up with 6 limits of beautiful reds (2 days - 3 guys) we took 1, 2, 3rd drum with the biggest being 35.15lb. 2nd place sheephead and would have had 3rd rat red but weighed in after someone with the same weight. We lost about 5-6 reds that may have placed better.

19. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (bayouXpress)

Reds, Reds, and More Reds.
    Fished out of Lafitte today and ran to Little Lake. Had 18 reds and back and the dock with the fished cleaned before lunch. All fish were caught on fresh shrimp on the bottom.

20. Member

Re: Salt Water reports (Groman)

More reds out of Bay L'Ours off of little lake. We fished the pond that has been created by the rocks placed for errosion. All fish were caught on gold spoons. Shortest fish was 22" and we through back 5 over 27.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast