Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red River Reports

put Red River reports here

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Red River Reports (cjdauth)

Went out today from Buhlow for about an 1 1/2 hr. Managed to put two in the boat and lost 3 more. Nothing big to brag about but was nice to be out and wet a line. Caught one on white spinner bait and a shad color crankbait. All were in and around big schools of baitfish.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member

Re: Red River Reports (fishin couillon)

Fishin, I was out of Buhlow sunday mid day for a couple of hours. I didn't catch anything, not even a strike. I was just happy to be out on the water and burn some gas. For some reason I just can't seem to find any fish in the Alexandria pool. I can catch them further north but not around Alexandria. Maybe you saw me...I was the nut in the Charcoal and Red Bullet with the Yellow bottom. I was just trying to make sure there were no cobwebs in it.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Red River Reports (Specularius)

I didn't get out there until 3:00. There were quite a few people out there but i don't think i seen your boat. By no means that i'm a good fisherman . There are a few place within the ramp that i can go and catch a few. I like it better above the lock & damn in Colfax but stay here cause it's 5 minutes from the house. When i feel like it i fish in your neck of the woods at saline/larto. I should be out on the water this weekend.

Re: Red River Reports (fishin couillon)

The Dixie Bass Club of Natchez held its 3rd new fishing year tourney November 5th on the Red River pool 4-5 twenty miles south of Bossier City, La. The 19 anglers enjoyed a day or two of pre-fishing plus fellowship despite the low water and very high winds. Tourney day bagged 47 keepers and 6 small limits. Water temperature was 70-75 degrees while the air ranged from 68 to 80 before the 3p.m. weighin.

Charlie Cannon of Monterey fooled a limit of keeper bass to get his 10.82 pounds for 1st with the 4.09 daily lunker on spinnerbaits. Partner Henry Butler of Natchez had a 8.15 pound limit on spinnerbaits for second. Terrell Jones of placed third with a 7.25 limit.
    Also with fish were: 4th- Brad Perkins (6.24) , 5th- Glen Foster (6.23), 6th- Jay Hamilton (5.80), 7th- Mike Essary (4.38), 8th- Paul Foster (4.11), 9th- Alan Brumfield (3.68), 10th- Gary Waller (3.15). Others fishing were Ronny Douglas (2.02), Randy Pitre (1.76), Bo Strahan (1.45), Nick Rushing, Buster Martinez, Ken Mahoney, Bryar Hamilton, Ray Mize and Doug Schexnayder. Enjoy our website http://users.sleekcom.com/LouMissBass until our December report.

6 limits 6 zips
    31% zips so 69% (some success)
    31% limits (very successful..subset of "some success")
    47/19 = 2.47 (KPA keepers per angler)
    (# quality "high success spawners" 3 lbs.+)--> 1/47 = 2.1%

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Re: Red River -PROS day 1

CITGO Bassmaster Central Open — Natchitoches, La.
    Nov. 10, 2005 Day 1
    NATCHITOCHES, La. — Billy Graves, the grocery store and tackle shop owner from Montgomery, La., didn't practice for the CITGO Bassmaster Central Open but still was able to secure the Day 1 lead with a limit of 14 pounds, 5 ounces.
    Graves only fished for about six hours, spending the rest of the time traveling north — very north. Still, he was disappointed by the handful of bass he lost. "If you didn't realize immediately that you had them, they were gone," he said.

A cold front swept over Natchitoches early in the morning and anglers said the cooler weather and overcast skies were helpful.

Also key for fourth-place Paul Ferguson of Arp, Texas, were mats on the water. He stayed on the main river all day, flipped on mats to catch 20 keepers and weighed in his 11-12 limit early in the competition. "Staying shallow on the river system was the way to go for me," he said.

Twenty-three time Classic qualifier Gary Klein of Texas, weighed in a limit of 11-10 for fifth place. Klein was one of the few who locked through to Pool 5, which left him just less than three hours to fish. "I have the whole area to myself and think I may actually benefit from a little boat pressure," he said. . Non-boater Brian Merrifield of Texas brought in an impressive 11-13, which was plenty to take the lead. Also, Donna Newberry of Van Buren, Ark., the only female non-boater in the Open and an angler in the recent Women's Bassmaster Tour preview event, is in 15th place with 7-15.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

7. Member

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (reelman)

i need some info on the river conditions and any reports

8. Member

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (skeeterman420)

water conditions are good, don't know the current temps. water is about at normal pool, not the usual high water this time of year.
    fishing has been spotty, some catching good stringers and others not. its been taking 14-17 lbs stringers to win tournaments this month. most guys are finding numbers more then quality. thats what i've been hearing.
    you must be fishing the BFL they moved there the other day, i will be there as well.

9. Member

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (labassin)

thanks for the info i have a BFL tournament comming up just needed a heads up

10. Member

leaving fri and heading to pool 4

11. Member

i'll be fishing the bfl there too, i will be fishing pool 3 this weekend.

12. Member

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (labassin)

Fished the Red river above Lock 2. on 17 April. We caught 6 fish on cranks. All of the females still had eggs. It seems odd that they are still spawning this late in the year. Water temp was 77-79 degrees. Friend of mine went Saturday the 23 and caught 8 and they had eggs as well.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (Nettlesk)

Fished a T yesterday out of the Colfax landing. It was a HOT one. I would say we (me & partner) caught about 20 or so. Alot of short fish. The keeper fish were caught with lizards, dragging across the grass and letting it fall on the edge. Find some grass the fish were there. Also caught several shorts on cranks. Had a fun day of fishing.

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (fishin couillon)

Well after traveling to the Bend this past weekend, i had today off and went to some water around the house. Put in at Colfax and fished just about up to St. Maurice. Did good. I would guess about 20. Biggest was 3 lbs. Most in the 12"-14" range. Fished edge of grass along the banks. Most were caught on a blue watermelon lizard and the rest on a medium running crank bait.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Went back this morning and was trying the same thing. Guess what, did not work. Managed 3 first thing and then till noon was a big bust. Had a small benefit T this morning. Talked to a few at the dock and said it was sloooooooooow. Looked like there were a few that were leaving without weighing in so that told me they didn't do to good.

16. Member

we fished that tournement, we did'nt have but 2 weigh fish by the 1 oclock weigh in. we lost a couple more weigh fish & caught severial small fish. we caught everything early on the grass but nothing after about 8. we did have some bite's later fishing deep off some points but we could never get a hook in them, they just was'nt takeing it good.
    ronnie gillespie
    team k & m rods/ mr. hooty spinner baits
    eddie\'s marine
    2005 blazer 210 pro v/ 2016 250 pro xs

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (fuzz)

What was the winning weight?

18. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Went yesterday and this morning in Pineville. Managed 3 yesterday. Double up this morning and caught 7. Not big all were under 12" and were spotted bass. Caught on topwater, lizard and crankbait. Shut it down early and came home. To dang hot.

19. Member

Fished yesterday afternoon for about three hours in Alexandria. Caught 6 and all but one were 14 inches or less. Caught on crankbait, main river channel on wood.

20. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (Nettlesk)

Fished out of Pineville today for about 3 hrs. Didn't do anything. The water was still muddy with a visibility about 6". The main river channel is still rolling with a current and the oxbows are muddy. Looks like we have a few months for it to settle down before it will look right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast