Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (fishin couillon)

Put in at Montgomery. Fished for 4 hrs and didn't do good. Lost one and the wife caught a 5lb goo and baby bass. Didn't know where they were.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member

Re: Red River -PROS day 1 (fishin couillon)

Fished Sunday in the pool south of Alexandria. Didn't do very good either. Probably caught 10-12 fish and only kept 5 fish. All were pretty good but looked to be all males. 2lb-3lb. Tried the white perch and didn't do good there either. 1 small male. One of the better oxbows is unaccessible with a sand bar at the entry, so was limited in area's.

3. Member

Re: Red River Reports (Chad)

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to pick up a map/chart of pool 4 and pool 5. I will cover cost plus shipping plus any additional charges (gas to get them) let me know.

jlaw06@comcast.net

4. Member

Re: Red River Reports (JayLaw)

The Corp of engineers, has an excellent map (chart, in booklet form) of the entire red river system. It can be ordered from them. ww.usace.army.mil/MAPS.HTM Hope this helps. ps. the map is called "2006 navigation charts of j bennet johnson waterway red river." I think I paid around $30.00 with shipping. Good luck. also their phone # is 601-631-5042 - Vicksburg District

5. Member

Re: Red River Reports (jjohn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jjohn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Corp of engineers, has an excellent map (chart, in booklet form) of the entire red river system. It can be ordered from them. ww.usace.army.mil/MAPS.HTM Hope this helps. ps. the map is called "2006 navigation charts of j bennet johnson waterway red river." I think I paid around $30.00 with shipping. Good luck. also their phone # is 601-631-5042 - Vicksburg District</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks

6. Member

Re: Red River Reports (JayLaw)

Hey Jason,

do you still need help or a map of the Red? I just saw your post today! I will help you buddy,,,,,, maybe for a little help on Tensaw River from Cliff's...

It's a long haul from home to Cliff's for us, 5 1/2 hours, but we did fish the same weekend of the 92 boat tournament on Oct. 8,

it was tough for us, I haven't fished Tensaw in over 15 years.......

Ricky196

Vicious Fishing Tournament Team, Secret Weapon Lures Pro Staff, K & M Custom Rods Pro Staff, ABA Pro Staff,

7. Member

Re: Red River Reports (Ricky196)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricky196 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Jason,

do you still need help or a map of the Red? I just saw your post today! I will help you buddy,,,,,, maybe for a little help on Tensaw River from Cliff's...

It's a long haul from home to Cliff's for us, 5 1/2 hours, but we did fish the same weekend of the 92 boat tournament on Oct. 8,

it was tough for us, I haven't fished Tensaw in over 15 years.......

Ricky196</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey there, sorry it has taken awhile to get bakc with you. I am covered for the red river as far as maps go now i just need to figure the maze out. I appreciate the offer, but we have some wonderful no info rule once the off limits begins which was some time ago. Thanks though. Any time you want info on the Delta over here just shoot me an IM

About time to make a trip up there to the Red

9. Member
    Still muddy and a good bit of trash from what I saw in pool 4. Talked to one of the operators at lock 4 and he said he's been hearing a good many reports of areas silted in that used to not be, which is expected. Locks 1-4 all apparently silted in somewhat in the chambers.

Pool 5, first part of December '16. Launched at Stoner boated to 12 mile bayou. No luck.
    Wettin hooks and huntin fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12