Verret North reports

Put Verret North system reports here (Bay Natchez, Pat's Bay, etc.)

2. Member

Re: Verret North reports (cjdauth)

Fished Pat bay yesterday afternoon for a few hours.

Managed 5 bass on frogs and texas rigged worms. Fished the grass mainly but also caught a few on the cypress trees in the lake.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

3. Member

Re: Verret North reports (KLSU)

ok this is verret central and north hell and everywhere between fished from 7 am till 4pm had 6 keepers by 11:30 for a total weight for around 12# and some change I know this because I have one of those cool X tools weigh totalizing scales any way caught them all in the lake on jigs Retriver Lures Brush Puppy in black blue chat. the water is low as hell but the fish were all in around 2-4 feet normally where there was a ledge there was a fish and also around the back side of trees......

i cannot wait till the water comes back up which should be next week or so '

Good luck

4. Member

Re: Verret North reports (Chad)

Fished out of Jack Millers, Saturday March 4. Was very tough. Water was pretty dirty everywhere...ran down grand river, hung a right, fished the bank until we got to a barrow pit, eased in there and got nothing. Ran back down the river until the first cut on the right; fish ate my pardner's blades right off his spinnerbait...went into that pond thing next to that with all of the big cypress stumps...very very shallow. Ran down and fished one dead end that had good water, partner came up with short fish. Went into Pat's bay; it was muddy, too. Ended up stuck on a mud bank after running at 45mph..worked our way off with the trolling motor. Water is shallow there, too... saw some stumps right under the water that were well off the bank. Ran around the oil field canals and lost one fish, and caught one choupique. They sure do have pretty fins when they spawn.

Fished in some pretty fishy places; I could not get them to bite. This place is very hit or miss for me...not consistant at all. Anyone have some ideas?

5. Member

Re: Verret North reports (ppcpilot)

Fished out of Jack Miller's afternoon of March 18, 2007. Water was dirty unless you went back in canals, then it was just plain murky. Had only a couple bites and lots of swirls..only place we could get any action was where there were grass beds (coontail, and hydrilla). Throwing around wood where no grass was present was un-fruitful. Looks like they may have had a rise down there recently. Fish may bite when the water starts to fall.

6. Member

Re: Verret North reports (Chad)

Fished Bayou Plaq on Saturday, June 23rd..ran down about half way and caught 1 15" fish on a crankbait. Had one bite a senko, and a bream that took a crankbait. Water seemed to be up a little. Lots of 'mullet' jumping around. Even found water pouring out of discharge pipes and couldn't get bit there.