Thread: Verret Reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

Re: Verret Reports (Chad)

I was able to catch some nice bass in the Verrett area yesterday. All bass looked very healthy. Bite was slow. Spinner bait and jig were the baits of the day. All this rain should help with the spring spawn, catch and release will help even more.

2. Member

Re: Verret Reports (topwater48)

how was the water, was going to make a trip this weekend

3. Member

Re: Verret Reports (FLIPPINB)

Water was little muddy in the lake. I found some bass in the canals off the south end that had dark clear water. This rain may stir it up a little. Good luck if you go.

Went to verret on 12-28-06 an caught 8 keepers in about an hour or so. Biggest
    was 5.38 on the scale. The fish are still in verret, you just have to work harder
    than you used to to find them. That was actually my second trip in the same week
    and did just as good the first time out minus the 5 lb er. I plan to go back this Sunday (1-14-07) & hope to stroke some more. Oh yea the Choupic are biting also, I had 1 choupic that went 11.06 on the scale.Needless to say I put the bass back & made some choupic patties.

Xpress X19/200SHO

5. Member

Re: Verret Reports (BULLET225LA)

Good luck on Verret. The water is high, fast moving, and alot of it is dead.

Re: Verret Reports (fish44)

Fish are biting in Verret. Won my club T. yesterday with 16.20 lbs. No fish caught on spinnerbait, all flipping.

Xpress X19/200SHO

Congrats Bobby! Nice stringer!

8. Member

Re: Verret Reports (joeyd190)

Anyone heading to Verret in the morning? I will be there. If you see a Gold Xpress say hi!
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

Re: Verret Reports (KLSU)

Went to Verret today. Just got back. Caught 5 keeper fish in the Cracker Head.

Xpress X19/200SHO

10. Member

I sent you a IM but you already answered my question. Great job.

11. Member

Re: Verret Reports (KLSU)

Well I didn't see the message about Crackerhead until this morning. I headed down to Chermie. Didn't do to well eventhough it was perfect weather to catch fish. The water was black down there and I have never had much luck in the black water so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway total was 2 fish 1 keeeper.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

12. Member

Fished Verrett today with little luck. Water has fallen and fishing was slow. Managed 5 bass, two that would have kept and two sac's. Catch and released to make more babies for another day. I did not see anyone else doing much either.

13. Member

Fished Verett yesterday with little luck. Only 4 fish with only 1 keeper. Fish are off the beds. I think the front shut them down and gave them lock jaw. This happens a lot when I go fishing!
    skip
    2014 TRITON 220 ESCAPE / MERCURY 250 PROXS

14. Member

Re: Verret Reports (stratos285)

My 2 nephews and I fished Lake Verret yesterday. The weather was beautiful--cool and almost no wind. We launched at Bayside about daybreak and started in a canal on the north end of the lake. We caught one 13" bass on a soft plastic there and released it. We ran to Crackerhead Canal and were disappointed to find a big work boat and a couple of barges churning up the water making it extremely muddy. We left to fish a canal across the lake and then fished some cypress trees in the lake. We got a few bream bites on our worms but only boated one bass. The water was an odd green color and we only saw 2 other boats fishing. When will the bream fishing really turn on? I want to bring my 4 year-old on a bream trip soon.

15. Member

hey man do you know if lake verett is worth fishing?

16. Member

Re: Verret Reports (stewartethan)

got a tournement out of adams sunday. just wodering if anyone has any tips they can swing my way. been workin 7 12s for the last month and dont have time to scout.

17. Member

Re: Verret Reports (koonass2003)

they have been catching a few fish in the pat's bay area and bayou plauqemine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12