Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Green River Lake Reports Posted Here

Please post your Green River Lake reports in this thread

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

Fished Monday afternoon from 3pm til dark. Water level was 675.4 (summerpool 675) main lake temps was low 80s and clear. The farther you went up a creek you would have more color and lower water temps. Fished some soft plastic around wood with no luck but as soon as I picked up a moving bait(Crank biat/spinnerbait) I found the ticket. Fish were on shady banks around wood or on rock/gravel banks. Kind of suprised to catch them on a moving bait because shad activity was almost non exisent. 1@16" 1@13" and 4 short fish

JR19

3. Member

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (JR19)

Fished Green (practice and club tournament) 9/22-9/25. Most of my fish were small spotted bass and a few largemouth around 12" Thursday-mostly spotted bass on fluke, spinnerbait, and jig/worm. Friday-few blowups early on buzzbait several more fish through out the day on a fluke and jig/worm. Sat. 15-20 fish with only 3 keepers. Fluke, jig/worm, jig and grub were main baits. Sun. 1 keeper. One boat brought in a 5lb and 2lb on Sun. Heard it took 12lb on Sat to win another tournament.

4. Member

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

Fished Green yesterday from 2pm till about dark. We had 6 largemouth and 1 big smallmouth that weighed 5.2 all were caught on crankbaits suspended off channel banks about 10ft. deep....

5. Member

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (T Hall)

Got a club tourny on Green April 8th. Could someone provide the water temp and color? Any other helpful hints would be appreciated.

6. Member

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (dlgfish)

I fished Green yesterday the 30th from 4pm till about dark.. I fished down at the Corbin bottoms area water had quite of bit of color and was around 57 degrees. I caught 3 one that weighed 6lb. 7oz I didnt weigh the other 2 but they were about 3lbs.. I caught them on wind blown points on a big bladed spinnerbait. I have been catching some decent smallmouth on channel bank swings using craw colored crankbaits. They have been about 12ft. deep.. Hope this helps you a little...

7. Member

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (T Hall)

T Hall, thanks for the report. Glad to hear you are having some luck.

8. Member

Got a club tournament on Green 6/25. Anyone have any info on water temp and conditions. I am in China till 6/21 so it is doubtful I will have a chance to prefish

The morning surface temp is 79-80 and the water is clear on the main and some color in the creeks as of yesterday but ...we got 1.5 inches of rain last night so that should change the creeks some but not enough to affect the main. The lake was 2 inches above summer pool and even though we got 1.5 inches of rain I don't expect the lake to come up much. The deep water fishing is starting to pick up or at least that is what I think buy looking at some of the weights being brought into the scales. They are still some shallow fish but most people have given up on that bite. There is a tournament on the 24th that I might fish in. I wont decide until it gets here. As for the one on the 25th is it an open or closed tournament.

JR19

10. Member

Thanks JR19. The tournament on the 25th is our club tournament. I fish with some guys from Franklin County. I appreciate the information.

What has it been taking to win some of the recent tournaments?

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

Tuesday nighter 20 boats 3 fish 7-8lbs

Friday nighter 30 boats 5 fish 12-14lbs

I fished a open 3 weeks ago with 59 boats took 14+

Yesterdays Renegade 94 boats 1st 17.29 2nd 3rd 4th all had 12+ the last money spot 12th had 9.12

Green is a very tough lake to fish. This actually has been one of the better years for Green as far as 5 fish limits but most of the limits are 12"-14" fish. We need to go to a 15"limit. As far as I know Green is one of the few lakes that still has 12"limit on LM and SM.

JR19

Modified by JR19 at 11:35 PM 6/12/2006

12. Member

I will be in Kentucky the week of the 24th and will be fishing Green. What pattern and section of the lake are they catching the bigger limits. I will be staying at Holmes Bend, but can easily run to other parts of the lake.

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (tlbgto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tlbgto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I will be staying at Holmes Bend </TD></TR></TABLE>

Stop buy and say hello. I live just off Holmes Bend Road on Vanhoy Lane. I am only 4 miles from the ramp at Holmes Bend. If you are coming from Florida to fish Green River Lake...you are probably going to get a sick feeling. Green is a very tough Lake to fish. Nothing like the Florida chain of lakes. Right now this time of year the deep water structure fishing is starting to produce the bigger bites. Get a map and look for main lake flats that have the channel to swing in close to the flat. If shad are near buy fish the drop off from the flat to the channel. Carolina rig is what most people use. Some have success with a DD22 or a big jig. Main lake points are good after dark. The best ones are the points that have brush piles on them. If your on a point and see a bottle or jug in a tree that means a brush pile is near buy or if a small tree on the bank has been cut you can bet that point has a brush pile on it. After dark a tube or bitsy jig is my choice.

JR19

14. Member

JR 19 thanks a lot for the info. I will have a Red/Gold TR19X Triton. I will try to stop and see you. Send me an email if you would like to fish one evening. I was born in Greensburg and was there when the lake was first impounded. I catch a lot of fish the first few days, but I deplete all my spots. Last year I had some white bass schooling which was a lot of fun. Again thanks for the info.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

Green 3-20-07

Due to reasons beyond my control I finally got out on the water today. I have had a death in the family been working some overtime at work and my trolling motor laid down on me...they say bad things happen in threes Last time I saw water was the last Friday in February but today I put in a few hours on Green River Lake. My new trolling motor works awesome. I went from a 56lbs OMC to a 82 Motor Guide Tour Edition and what a difference the new trolling motor makes. The fish are biting at Green. Water temps are 52-56 with some of the lake having strong color and above that it clears up. Fish are starting to move up. They are some showing up shallow but you had better have deeper water near buy. My best results were gently sloping banks/points. I fished from 1pm til 6pm and had 6 small keepers and a few shorties. The fish were active but the bite was strange they would just slap at a crankbait but if you put something slow in front of them (jig or Paca Craw) they would hold on to the bait. Going back again tomorrow. I wont be able to get on the water until 9-10 am but I am going to stay unlit dark.

Re: Green 3-20-07 (JR19)

Fished 4 hours today and caught a few keepers and lost one nice fish. Most everything on a buzzbait around wood cover on flats and in back of the pockets. All were around baitfish. Surface temp was 68-69.

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar

Re: Green 3-20-07 (Daniel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Most everything on a buzzbait around wood cover on flats and in back of the pockets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a good way to get your arm broke buy a Musky. I fished the same pattern today from noon til dark and had six bites 3 of them were over 30" long and had teeth the other three bites were deformed...there eyes were too close to their tail

If you and Jacob want in on some late afternoon buzzbait Musky action I will tell you a spot that is only 1 mile from the Holmes Bend Ramp. That pocket/cove seems to hold Musky year round.

Re: Green 3-20-07 (JR19)

He would love that!

19. Member

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (Mike Daleo)

Any have an updated report, plan on going Friday?

20. Member

Re: Green River Lake Reports Posted Here (Loomis Lover)

heading up to green river at the end of may. Never fished or seen the lake in my life. Anybody have any tips or places to try that time of year? What are the fish doing and do they stay shallow or go deep? Any advice would help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast