Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

Re: Lake Malone Reports Posted Here (Robsdad)

Darrell, thanks for the update... I have a 21ft with 200hp guess I will have to plan on making a trip down there.. Sounds like it was a tuff day.. But I am with you on bad day fishing is better then work.. Thanks Again..
    ** Autism Awareness 1 in 88 affected **
    iasf4u.org

97 Triton TR21DC
    97 Evinrude 200HP Vindicator

Re: Lake Malone Reports Posted Here (swillia2)

Any body been up to this lake this year. Heading down this sunday wasnt sure what to expect.

Re: Lake Malone Reports Posted Here (Live2FishKy89)

great lake to fish. but its either on or off. Ive been there three times this yr. bit was off for me. But I have no status as a angler. lol. black /blue jigs. all chartrus lizard carolina rig work well. have had the classic pumpkin with chartruse tail lizard help too. if all fails go to jigging a 3 in grub. the bite should be getting better i would think, with the spawn gearing up. good luck. its a really nice lake. nothing bigger than a 150 horse allowed though. rules on horse power might have changed. check with fish and wildlife to be sure.

Modified by firestopper069 at 9:31 PM 4/23/2010
    \'93 STRATOS 285 PRO XL, 150 EVINRUDE Faststrike

Re: Lake Malone Reports Posted Here (firestopper069)

Went yesterday and fished from 6:30am to noon and caught 1 little crappie. Stayed in the deeper top half and worked my way towrds the bridge but not quite to it. Used everything from Texas rig, different spinner baits, to roadrunners with different colored grubs. Beautiful lake, easy to get to from owensboro, but i was disapointed in the fishing. I guess due to the rain we had, may have scattered them. Water was littered with trash and limbs from the rain. Like previously posted the bite was off.

Re: Lake Malone Reports Posted Here (Live2FishKy89)

Nobody has updated this bad boy in a while, so here goes. The horsepower limit and size limit is completely off of Lake Malone. Run what ever you got. Fishing has been good so far this year. Right now the water is around 88*-90*. The night bite is starting to heat up as well as the deep bite during the day. At night, fish are moving into the grass and around shallow flats. I've been catching fish on blk/blu jigs, black tubes, and cranks in shad color. Day time bite is a little different with fish headed back to deep water haunts. 1/2 oz green jigs, 10" worms, and deep diving cranks have been best. Fish seem to be in the 15 to 20' range during the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12