Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here

Please post your reports for Dale Hollow Lake in this thread

2. Member

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

8-4-05 Fished 7:00pm-11:00pm.

Lake pretty stirred up from Holiday boat trafic. Caught several smallies fishing main lake ledges / points / flats in Wolf Creek mostly near main lake around Trooper's Island on jigs and spider grubs. Did some jerkbaits and cranking no success.

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (CincyBas)

11-18-06

Fished from 7:30 am until 5pm

Early surface temp wa 53.7, late afternoon it warmed up to 58

Dragged shiners on the KY side and caught scattered fish from 12-25 feet

Caught several fish in the 20 inch range with the biggest being just shy of 21 and weighing 4 1/2 pounds.

Caught a few keeper spots in seconday bays and one 3 1/2 pound LM on a gravel secondary point

lake is very low. Smallies should be turning on really soon

4. Member

Darn Good Day There Mike..

Fished for eight hours today put in at the State Park. Be very careful using this ramp water level is down to winter pool and there is only one narrow lane left on the ramp and the last 15 feet of it is rough but still ok to launch a fairly large bass boat (pontoon may want to try some where else ) Water temp was 57-58 all day long. Water around the KY/TN line has a blackish color did not go past state line. Up in KY the color was

Fished live bait for 1/2 day and cranks, jigs and tubes rest of the day. Had two keepers a fat 14" spot (KY) and a 17" LM two short SM and two other fish that came loose

Was a nice day to be on the lake. Only saw three other boats all day. Only company I had was those strange voices in my head Cloud cover all day and a light breeze.

JR19

Dale Hollow: Wed. Nov. 23, 2005

Fished from 6:00 AM Local Time until 3:00 PM local (Central Time)

Water temp ranged from 49 to 52.

Water clarity: Clear.

Water level is very low but I don't know how much they have dropped it.

Air temp 28 at launch and warmed to 53 or so by finish of day. Overcast much of the day with LOTS OF WIND!!

My son and I caught several small smallmouth. He had a 2.2 pound Kentucky Spot and a keeper 2.7 pound smallie. I also had a nice 3.9 pound non keeper smallie. The spot was his first ever as was the smallmouth. My big smallie and his first one were a double. Very cool!

We caught fish on tubes, jig head worms, crankbaits and the best success came on jerk baits.

I have no idea where we fished as we were with Daleo and Daniel and it was my first time to the lake! I know we stayed in Kentucky.

Great Day!

Tight Lines!

7. Member

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (Passion 4 Bassin)

Nov. 27

For everyone fishing the mini rally on Dec 10.
    Drop shotting 80ft ledges with clown colored 12" worms.

For everyone else, (windy day)
    Smoke /purple jigs on secondary points back in the creek arms in Tenn water near Gum Grove. Some reason couldn't get them to hit a crankbait.

8. Member

Hey Jamie....this indicates pre-fishing is going on.....protest, protest!!

Buck

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (Rippinlip)

Fished the bfl down at dale this past weekend. Thursday decided to try some spots from last year. Every spot I fished I caught fish. I caught two keepers on every spot and left. Fish were hitting jerbaits and spinnerbaits. Friday decided to fish the obey. Got into some big smallies and just couldnt leave lol. I knew it would help me none during the tx but it was just too fun. Got on 1 point and had 5 over 19". They were KILLING a jig, it was just flat awesome. Ended up leaving the obey and went to illwill, went almost to the head. Saw a windblown flat with some buckbrush and just couldnt pass it up since it had 62 degree water! Had 1 non keeper on a spinnerbait. Decided it was just too good of a spot so backed out and through a trap. WHAM!!!!!! Straight out to the middle. For a second I thought I had found the mother load. After about 15 seconds I knew it wasnt a bass. Ended up being about a 30 lbs carp!!!!!! lol. Well tx day came, picked up my non boater. We were boat 161 out of 172 lol. I was a wee bit mad. Waited till the other 160 boats took off and we were rockin and rollin. Went to spot 1, 5th cast, 5lber. Five min later, ran across lake to spot 2, 3 keepers on 1 point. 2 lm and one 2lb ky. I was wearing a t-shirt it felt great. All of a sudden the wind picked up to about 20 mph and it was COLD. By 10 it was in the upper 40s from the previous 70 lol. Had 4 keepers that would go about 12 lbs. Couldnt get another bite. Ran back and forth to the spots with no success. Decided to make a long run to a flat that I thought I could get a fish from. Pulled up no boats and the wind was pounding it. In about 5 min, one killed my sp bait in about 1' of water in a bush. About a 2 1/2 lber. I HAD THE BEST NET MAN KNOWN TO MAN!!!!!! There was my limit, I had about 3 hrs left. Ran back up to the obey thinking Id try for a 21 inch smallie. (I know, crazy) Well couldnt get er and had about an hour left. My non boater hadnt caught a fish all day so I gave him the last 45 min. With no success we headed in. It was a pretty good day and ended up 9th and got a decent chunk of change. Had 14 1/2 lbs. I hate to gripe about this but I burnt 50 dollars of gas just in the boat and the turd didnt give me a penny lol. I know he didnt get a fish which I feel bad about but I gave him every chance in the world and its even a rule. Oh well, I still think he is the best net man I have ever met and he was a fun guy to have in the boat. Sorry for the long report. Most fish were in about 8 feet of water in cuts with small points. Water in the cuts went from about 55-59 degrees. Water was stained up to sulpher and gin clear all the way to the dam. Good luck!

10. Member

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (flippindrew)

That a pretty good finish there had to be about 170 boats in it fish there the weekend before not as good as you could not get the grub bite. Nice bag

Gary Rosteutscher Cincinnati Ohio
    Champion Boats 225 Evinrude

Nice report and good top ten finish. But flippindrew show me the rule you are talking about. Normally I wouldn't say anything but calling I guy a turd

12. Member

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (DH205DVS)

"Turd" was a nice thing to call him, in my opinion. Rule or not it's a given you help out with fuel at least. I don't think it was that bad.

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (Sticks11)

Well, know this. By the end of the day he hadnt caught a fish. I gave him the last 45 min to an hour of spots that he wanted to fish that I RAN HIM TO. I DROVE HIM TO HIS SPOTS. Second of all, since he cannot get on the front deck, I BACKED THE BOAT INTO THE CUT SO HE COULD GET THE BAIT WHERE HE WANTED IT. Now, please tell me of any boater who would do this for his non boater? I can gurantee you that you WILL NOT find any boater who would so much as give the guy in the back 5 min, none the less driving him to his spots and backing the boat into cuts for him. By the way, thanks Sticks, it is a given. I mean even if it were as much as buying pop for the day. Its not like I was an --- and demanded it from him. As I said before he was a great non boater and a heck of a guy reguardless. I just think its the appropriate thing to do.

In my first BFL about 3 years ago, my non-boater put hook holes in my seats and tried to hide them. I thought that was crappy, but that's fishing, so he hadn't caught a fish all day and he came to give me some cash. I really felt bad for the guy so I told him to keep it. I can tell you that I would have been pissed if he hadn't even offered. That guy is a turd, they should educate those guys before they allow them to fish out of someone elses nice boat all day long!

Thank you. I dont know if I came off the wrong way but, I honestly dont have any harsh feelings against the guy. As I have stated twice, he is a great guy. But it would have been courteous to offer. It just would have been the right thing to do. I know when I go with some of my other buddies, I pay for either the truck or the gas, whichever costs the most. Simply because I understand the cost and wear and tear on vehicle and boat. Anyways, didnt want to start anything on here. If I said anything to offend anyone I apoljize, just stating that an offer would have been nice.

16. Member

Drew I agree with you a 100% after running him to all his spots the least he could have done was offered some gas money..

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (T Hall)

Well it should be easy to agree with Drew when he tells the rest of the story. Heck even I agree, but one thing I've come to learn is just don't expect it that away when it's offered it comes as a surprise. Seems like in this day of age the honor,courtesy and respect system is nonexistent.

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (DH205DVS)

Fished the Hollow from May 24 to May 27, I didnt get any smallies but caught everything but. I dont know what I did wrong. This was my first time really going for them. We caught some nice largemouths and plenty of pan fish. I had a great time and what a beautiful place. Water was clear and temp was 68 degrees.

Take Care,
    Jim

19. Member

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (maverick)

I was down at the Hollow from June 1-6. The bite was from just before day light until very shortly after, and just before nightfall until about 11:00. Most of the fish were from 8-12 inches but a few decent ones mixed in. A few walleye's were also caught from 19-28 inches. I managed to lose the biggest one that I have ever seen in person. Must have been over 6 1/2lbs. It was a finesse bite. I will be going back down June 21st.

Re: Dale Hollow Lake Reports Posted Here (nkyangler)

Surface temp 62-64. Caught fish on jigs 25-30' deep on main lake points and secondary points/cuts in the creeks 1/4 to 1/2 the way back. Shaded banks were a must. Only caught a couple while the sun was high

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast