Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here

Please post your reports for Lake cumberland in this thread

2. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

9/4/05

Fished Cland (Waitsboro to Fishing Creek) last night for a few hours...caught 1, 16" smallie on a 3/8 oz Black/Blue Jig with Blue Zoom Craw on a main lake point...no other fish caught

Water temp 78-79....these cool nights are bringing the water temps down (was 85 a couple of weeks ago). Lake level is still falling and relatively debris free. Topwater action should fire up very soon.

3. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (Fish-N-Fool)

09/06/2005

I fished Pitman Creek from 6:00pm till about 10:30pm. I had one Kentuck just before dark on a 7in. pumpkinseed Berkley worm and one keeper largemouth after dark on a 10in. tomato Zoom worm. I about had to stand on the LM to make him a keeper. I'm planning to head back out tonight, hopefully I'll have better news tomorrow. Oh yeah, both fish hit about 30ft. off the bank in 25-35 ft. of water, and they both were caught just past the bridge on right side of the small cove directly ahead of the bridge towards the boat club. I keep telling myself that they have got to turn on sometime.

4. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (mcorr)

09/07/2005

I fished Fishing creek from the mouth down to Neddlepoint, and the main lake points in that area. I caught 3 fish all before dark on a strawberry Zoom worm. I only had one keeper out of the 3. All fish came from the left side of Fishing creek after the first turn past the mouth. After the sun went down myself nor my partner got a bite. I talked to a guy at the ramp who fished South Fork and he stated that he didn't get a bite all night.

5. Member

Heading down there this weekend to camp and fish. The reports on Fishin.com said that live bait in deep water still seems to be the bait of choice. I will be at the campground at fishing creek and working that area. Hopefully they will turn on this weekend so I can post some nice numbers when I get back.

http://www.billymarlin.net
    \"If at first you don\'t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn\'t for you!\"

6. Member

9/11/05

Fished C-Land (Pittman Creek) from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM...my Son caught one Kentucky on a Black/Gold Nories Bug just before dark (20 ft of water on a point)...Nada the rest of the evening. Threw jig, jig/craw, topwater, and Nories Bugs....hurry up cooler water

Water temp 80 and clear...water level still falling.

7. Member

Sept.10/11
    Water is WAY down!! BE CAREFUL!!
    Put in at Fishing Creek and ended up hitting a sand bar while coming out of the ramp. Put some little dings in my prop and scratched my skeg, NOT TO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!

Saturday evening found millions of minnows in 20' of water in about 20-30 schools. Thought I was going to start killing the fish but I kept catching bluegill on jerkbaits and live minnows. Thought for sure with all that activity I would have bagged some bass.

Water temp was 80.3F and fish seem to still be out in deeper water.

Worked all the way out to mainlake without getting anything both days.

http://www.billymarlin.net
    \"If at first you don\'t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn\'t for you!\"

8. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here

09/12 and 09/13,

I fished both nights from about 5:30pm till a little after dark. On 09/12 I hooked up on 3 fish 2 of which were keepers. The keepers came on my faithful old strawberry zoom worm and the third came on a tomato/chartreuse worm. On 09/13 I caught 2 fish both keepers on the same strawberry worm and the second keeper went 4lbs. Needless to say I was tickled to death. I was playing guide/teacher to a guy from my Sunday school class who had never fished before, and he had a ball. It's a great feeling introducing someone to the sport of bass fishing. All fish except the 4lb'er came out of Fishing Creek, I'm sorry but I ain't tellin where the 4lb'er came from.

9. Member

9-27-05

Spent a few uneventful hours on the water last night (6 -10:30) ..caught one dink...didn't have another bite. Fished Pittman Creek area and main lake points near Fishing Creek. Threw spinnerbait...topwater....jig/craw...and Nories Bug...nothing worked..couldn't buy a bite.

Water temp 77 - 79, extremely clear water (clearest I have seen this lake this year). Lake is right at winter pool level. Will be hitting the lake during the day next time out...will see if that makes a difference (maybe they are beginning to school or the lake is about ready to turnover?) and will post results.

10. Member

This is somewhat off topic, but has anybody been crappie fishing or have any crappie info to share.

11. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here

Fished Bullet Tournament this past Sat. and got down to do a little prefishing on Fri. Water temp was around 70 in the morning and jumped a few degrees during the day. Caught several spotted bass on topwater and a few bites on a jig. Felt pretty good going into the tournament until I found out that the spotted bass limit was 15".
    Tournament day-made the run to the lower end. Hit first spot and got two spots just under 15" on topwater. Switched up to a jig and my partner got a 15.5" spot. Hit several other spots and got a largemouth just under 4 lb. Only two keepers all day. Got close to 20 spotted bass, but none would measure 15". Best bite for me was on a jig.
    Going back this weekend to do some fishing with some buddies. Hopefully the topwater bite will happen again.

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (dlgfish)

Good report It always seems like there are a million spotted bass that are 14 3/4 inches. Where are the big ones? They are fun to catch anyway

13. Member

If you can find some of the deeper wood in 20-30' you will find some real magnum spots. Look for slides in the creeks or main lake hollows. Drop shot a pumpkin finese worm 2-3' off the bottom. I am kicking myself for not fishing the Bullet tourney after hearing about the small weights.

14. Member

Report for 10/17 and 10/18

Had the opportunity to get on the lake for a few hours (both Monday and Tuesday evenings)...topwater action was pretty good from 5 till dark on Monday evening. Caught a keeper smallie and keeper largie on main lake points (mouth of Pittman and Fishing Creek) and several fat-bellied dinks. Fished Pittman Creek area yesterday...the bass bite was slow but managed one keeper largemouth and a couple more dinks on topwater. Did get into some surface action with a school of Stripers...caught one baby striper (8 lb'er) and missed 3 more. Lake temp 70-72 and clear. Water level has got to be a winter pool (pretty dang low). Beautiful conditions/weather...awesome time of the year.

15. Member

Report for 10-30-05

What an awesome day to be on the lake ..Water temp 64-65..caught 7 today...one keeper largemouth...the rest were fat bellied short fish. Fished Pittman Creek, Fishing Creek, and White Oak Creeks today. All of our fish were caught on main lake points (at the entrance to those creeks). Caught 3 on topwater (Pop N image) the rest on Smoke colored Yamamoto Hula Grubs (t-rigged with 3/16 oz sinker). Awesome day today...

16. Member

Hey Fool, I believe you passed by me on Pitman. I caught a couple of Kentuck's on a popper. We were mostly crappie fishing, we caught 12 crappie and had 5 keepers all on a 1 1/2" white grub on 5/8 jig heads. We talked to some guys who were catching Walleye's in the bend at Lost Lodge.

17. Member

Do you have a Hydra Sport? Red and Grey?

18. Member

Red, black and gray. There were 3 of us. My mother and father-in-law and myself.

19. Member

11/08/2005

Went out atound 12:00pm and fished until 6:00pm. Fished Beaver and Otter creeks. The two of us caught about 20 bass, all but a few came on topwater poppers and spooks. There were ten keepers in the bunch but they were skinny. We caught a few on watermelon sweet beavers t-rigged. We were hoping to catch stripers in the jumps during the evening but had no such luck. I believe the water temp. is still a little warm the graph showed 62 and 63 degrees everywhere we went. the shad are moving good so when the temp. drops a little more it should be great striper action.

20. Member

Fished the Indian Creek area today. Got into some stripers. 1 37.5" fish and my dad got a 28". Stripers were in the jumps. Fished for bass the rest of the day. Mostly ky's with a couple of short largemouth and smallmouth. Topwater, jig and spinnerbait were the key baits. Water temp around 61.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast