Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: tough fishing (flippindrew)

Sounds like fun! How many boats were there? Were you catching LM somewhere?

Re: tough fishing (mikedaleo)

There was only 15 boats, all toghether we had 8 keeper largemouth and 3 keeper kys. Big fish was won by the guys who won the tournament, Wilson and Wilson if I remember. The largemouth weighed 6.08 I believe. They also had some smallmouth. Bill Smith who came in 3rd had all smallies.

3. Member

Fished lower end of Cumberland 1/28. Warmed up later in the day, but the wind blew pretty hard. My buddy and I stayed in Indian all day. Fishing was slow. Several short smallmouths (4 or 5), 1 keeper largemouth 16", 2 keeper smallmouth (3lb and 4.5lb) All fish were caught on float n fly.

Re: tough fishing (dlgfish)

Yesterday there was another open out of conley, didnt get to fish but just heard it took over 19lbs of smallies to win. Drew

5. Member

Fished Cumberland Last Wed and had 2 keepers, one 3lb largemouth and a spot that was probably a pound and half. Pretty slow day but I have heard they have been killin em on Cumberland. Hey Flippindrew, do you know what they have been catching all of the smallies on?? I heard floatin fly.

Re: tough fishing (mpb360V)

You are right, FNF. Not sure where I would assume around the dam. I have talked to a couple of people who have been catching some around the dam. I cant catch any smallies this yr just LM. I would assume fishing is about to SLOW DOWN for a bit with the highs not getting above freezing. The water temps will probably get down to the 40 to upper 30 degree mark. I would love to go this weekend as long as we dont get the amount of snow they are calling for. Let me know if you are going down this weekend, would like to know how you do. I will let you know if i do as well, Drew.

Oh by the way mpv not sure if you know know or not one of your Berea boys, Mike Devere is fishing the FLW at lake Murray right now and just made the top ten cut for the last day. Yesterday he had 4lbs today he had 14. The boaters are bringing in some HUGE!!!!!!! fish. Im glad to see him make it, after today he is in 3rd place. Drew

8. Member

Thanks for the info drew, I dont know the Devere boys real well but I hope he does well. I dont fish with the Berea boys that much, I fished one tourney last year with them. I probably will not be going down this weekend, I am suppost to go down next weekend with my father in law. Let me know how you do if you go.

Re: tough fishing (mpb360V)

Lol well I guess it all depends on how much snow we get tonight. If its covering the roads I wont go. But Ill let you know if I do. Good luck if you go and be careful, Drew

10. Member

2/19/06 Cumberland

Fished Indian Creek today. Probably one of the coldest mornings that I have ever went fishing. Fished float n fly all day. 3 keeper smallmouth (19.5" was largest), 2 short smallmouth and 4 spots between my buddy and I. Points in Indian and in a couple of the creeks produced best. The 3 keepers all came from one point. Fun day, but it was cold.

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (dlgfish)

There was an open out of conley last sat. didnt get to fish but Bill Smith won with 18.5 lbs. Still killen em. COLD AND SNOWY not too much for my likings. I dont like haulin the boat in 3 in of snow too much lol. Drew

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (flippindrew)

The midwest out of pumkin on sat. took 20.92 lbs to win by the team of bill day and grant if i remember right, 2nd was 18lbs. 1st place guys also had big fish which i believe was over 5 1/2 lbs.

13. Member

Made the mistake of fishing the Eastern side of the lake on Sunday. Water temps where in between 48degrees and 51 in some of the creeks where the water was stained.

18.7lbs won the BFL tournament on Saturday out of Conley Bottom.

Water elevation as of yesterday was 707.82 which I expect to go up considerably this week.

http://www.billymarlin.net
    \"If at first you don\'t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn\'t for you!\"

14. Member

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (fishingmarlin)

Does anybody know if they are still catching the smallmouth on the FNF? I am going to try and get down there this weekend and just wanted to know what they are catching them on right now. Thanks for any info.

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (mpb360V)

Yes, I know of some that were caught in pumkin creek over the weekend. This cool spell that will come through tues through the weekend will bring the fnf bite back a little better. Drew

Had a fun day on Cumberland today. Fished a club tournament out of Jamestown. Pretty cold morning and run but was too hyped up to worry about it. Sarted fishing jerkbaits on main lake points for about an hour with no success. Decided to evacuate that plan and go to doing what I am comfortable with. Started flipping and crankin. First fish on a jig, I would imagine I broke his neck but somehow after setting the hook he made a run to the middle and strait down and pulled off. Two casts later, one popped it and started running towards the boat, swung as hard as I could and missed. I think he felt me. Was beginning to think I had totally forgot how to fish when I finally caught a 17 3/4 smallie. Soon after caught a 19 inch smallie after my partner missed with the net twice lol. About five minutes later caught a 12 1/2 ky on a jig in a cut. Kept fishing down the same bank concentrating on the cuts. I got one of those weird feelings and happened to look at my non boaters rod, couldnt tell what was going on so he checked it about 3 times. The last time, I happened to look at his rod tip, out of no where his rod doubled as the fish headed for the bottom of the earth. Knew it was a good one so got the net out, then about 5 ft in the air I saw a 5 lb smallie. After a final surge to the depts got him in the net. In the same cut caught another 18 1/2 smallie. These fish were caught by about 11. Had several more bites that I missed throughout the day. Finally on the way back to Jamestown stopped on a flat to crank for the remainder of the tx. Water was stained, wind blowing, waves from boats, sun, perfect. With about 10 min to go hooked a good fish. Parter had a beautiful mid air catch with the net. 3 1/2 lb largemouth. Weighed in had 17.8lbs and big fish was 5.18. Ended up with first and big fish. Really fun day on the water.

17. Member

Fished Cumberland also out of Jamestown Sat. Believe I saw you Drew, white Charger?? I had a pretty decent day, fished the FNF most of the day, had a 4lb smallie, 2 1/2lb spot and several more spots to go along. Fished up in Beaver pretty much the whole day. Best 5 went about 11lb.

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (mpb360V)

yes that was me, green n white charger.

I have a club tournament on Cumberland this weekend. Can anyone give me any advice? I think the water temp will be warm enough to fish a jerkbait alot. Any help would be greatly apprecieated.

20. Member

Re: 2/19/06 Cumberland (200PXL)

A blue and black jig has been the bait of choice for most recently, however with the rising temps I would start hitting the shallows with tubes and cranks. Just my 2 cents I've not been out in 3 weeks though. What ramp are you fishing out of. I'll be out there Sat. Good luck to you .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast