Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (dlgfish)

Sounds like you had action the whole time

2. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

Fished Cumberland 11/20. Temp in fishing creek ranged from 59-60. Caught 8 fish and missed some others. Mostly KY, but I did manage a couple short smallmouth and a keeper largemouth. Topwater, spinnerbait and jig. Most bites on spinnerbait.

3. Member

Re: 12/1/2005

i think this is how you post i cant figure it out.
    fished cumberland on Sunday, only had eight bites all day, but landed some good fish. ended up with four largemouth between 3-4 1/2 lbs, also had a ky that went around 15. the wind was ripping, but i could not get a bite on a spinnerbait, most came on a jig. Is anybody doing any good with the smallmouth, if so send me an email and share the wealth!
    tight lines.

4. Member

Re: 12/1/2005 (Brandon057)

Hey Brandon...glad to see you posting ....Justin told me that you are a member here ...we'll have to go after some smallies this spring

5. Member

Re: 12/1/2005 (Fish-N-Fool)

fishnfool,

we'll go whenever you want, I had a good spring this year with the smallmouth around conley, gonna brave the weather tomorrow and give it another try. Hopefully i catch more than a cold.
    tight lines!

6. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

fished fishing creek on sunday , two trips one before the game and one after. in total caught about 15, and six crappie on accident. largemouth were mostly shallow, most came on cranks and jigs. all the crappie were caught on the cranks, water temp was 52. tight lines.

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (Brandon057)

Has the water come up from all the rain last night (Sat night) dont know if they got as much rain as we did. I live in Richmond.

8. Member

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (flippindrew)

Will take a few days before the water rises any...will keep an eye out and post what I see this week

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (Fish-N-Fool)

Thanks alot, I was hoping to go one day this week but I draw the line when it doesnt reach freezing. Coudnt take it today thought lol went down to wilgreen for a couple hours. Water temp was 43!!!!! Man thats cold water. Silver buddy bite is pickin up though. Have the smallmouth picked up yet? Last time I was there I had one keeper but they usually dont really get goin untill the water gets closer to 50 at least for me anyways. Thanks Drew

Re: Lake Cumberland Reports Posted Here (flippindrew)

Well, went to Cumberland yesterday. It was 14 degrees when we got to the ramp! we put in at Jamestown and decided to fish Beaver creek. Fishing was really tough for a while the ice built up so quick you couldnt make more than one cast without cleaning the ice out of your rod and reel. Water temp was 51 in the mouth of beaver. Fished Beaver for the rest of the day and ended up with a largemouth around 4lbs caught on a jig, 2lb ky on crankbait same bank as lg mouth, another 2lb ky on crankbait. My buddy lost the biggest ky I have ever seen in my life he tried to swing in a 4lb ky with a medium action rod lol It wasnt a tournament so it didnt make any difference. It was a huge ky though lol. Only caught 1 smallie around 16 inches, had one about 4lbs short line me on a crank bait and of course lost him lol. Tough day but if you got a bite it was a pretty good fish.

11. Member

Re: big bites

flippin drew, I agree with your post. I went last sunday and the temp was 17 when we put in at the ramp, we fished the conley bottom area and the water temp ranged from 49-52. we only caught 7 fish but I had a 22 1/2 inch smallmouth, 18 1/2 smallmouth, and a 20 inch largemouth, the rest were spots with one going around 15.

Re: big bites (Brandon057)

That is a huge smallmouth, did you weigh it? Caught one last November that was 22 inches on the money and it weighed 6lbs on the dot. Dont give up any honey holes or anything but what types of banks were you fishing or where you in a creek? Drew

13. Member

Re: big bites (flippindrew)

no, I did not weigh it, it was a little skinny, I'm gonna guess it went five or five and a half. I caught my fish on points and main lake cuts.

Re: big bites (Brandon057)

Just to let everyone on here know my local bass club American Bassfishing Club is having an open tournament out of Conley Bottom on Sunday entry fee is 55 dollars a boat. Fish with a buddy or fish alone. If interested let me know and Ill get the time. Drew

15. Member

Re: tough fishing

went out on cumberland today. fished from 3- dark and only had two bites, but they where both keeper smallmouth, 18 and 19. got one other bite on a crank bait and that was it. fish were on points.

Re: tough fishing (Brandon057)

Guys, have you visited our other KY forum? We have a bass club here on BBC for IN/KY/OH members and we get together all the time. We are having a get-together at Dale Hollow again on the 14th of January.

Re: tough fishing (mikedaleo)

Went to Cumberland today, (Sunday Jan. 15) Bluebird skies and zero wind. About the toughest conditions you can have on Cumberland but had a suprisingly good day. Water tems this morning were around the 44 degree mark. Started out fishing a jig, had one bite and missed it. Began to throw the FNF on main lake points and cuts, caught one 14" ky and a 15" smally. Ran down to a bank on the main lake that I usually fish and caught 3 keeper largemouth. 2 around 15 and 1/2 inches and one 18 incher. Also caught another keeper ky. Missed several bites and have been missing several for sometime now. I dont know how many times I have had a fish bite my bait and immediately spit it out. Usually if you let it set for a second and shake it they will comeback to it but its difficult to detect with such a light bite. It seems like this started as soon as the temps dipped below the 48 degree makr. So ended up the day with 5 keepers and around 9lbs or so. Was satisfied with that considering the conditions. Thursday (Jan 12th) I fished the lower end, Lily, Wolf, Caney and couldnt catch a largemouth or smally to save my life. Had 5 keeper kys and lost a hawg smallmouth. Some of these fish actually came on a crankbait wich amazed me since the water I was fishing was 45 degrees. All of the others were caught on finesse worms and jigs. Fish seemed to be holding on drops between 15-20 ft deep.

18. Member

Re: tough fishing (flippindrew)

Were you on the upper end of the lake. Sounds like a good day. I talked to a guy that had 5 spots in Indian Creek on Thursday. All came on a jig.

Re: tough fishing (Blue superpro210)

The day that I caught the kys was in wolf, caney, and lily. The day that I had 3 lg and 2 ky was around Conley. Most fish were caught on a jig. Hopefully Ill be down again this weekend. Drew.

Re: tough fishing (flippindrew)

I had the craziest day of my life today, I fished an open at Cumberland. My partner and I had over 16lbs in the tournament and DID NOT COME IN THE MONEY LOL!. Yes, I said we DID NOT, DID NOT get any money. It was an awesome day, we had over two limits of fish. 1st place took over 19lbs, 2nd was 18lbs, 3rd was 17lbs, we came in 4th with over 16lbs ther was another 16lb bag a 15 a 14 and the smallest bag was 9lbs. Have to say that I never would have imagined that I would see the day where 16 lbs wouldnt get you any money lol. This was a one day tournament with a 5 fish limit. I had an awesome time though and would donate anytime for a day like that. Drew.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast