Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here

Please post your reports for Nolin River Lake in this thread

2. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

Fished 2 day tourney 10-8/9-05 caught a lot of slots and a couple of keepers. Most teams that finished in the top 6 caught fish on buzz baits and spinner baits. You just had to find the right spot were the bigger fish were holding. Took almost 11 lbs to win. Water temp was 71-73 and you could find clear to light stained water. Fish were biting every where the color did not matter. Key pattern we found was large rocks. Caught only 1 or 2 on wood, they just weren't on it. We thought that was very odd.

3. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (Joe Skeeter)

Launched at Wax. Arrived at ramp at 7:30 am and wasn't able to get out on main lake till about 9:30 because of the fog. There was a big tourney going on there so they were all held up. We fished the canal there a bit till it cleared with no luck. But finally got out on the main lake. We went back to the ramp at 3:30 hoping to catch the weigh in but I guess it was later because of the late start. Only caught 7 fish total. 3 keepers and 1 slot. Big fish being about 2lbs off a big tree way back in a creek in about 12 foot of water. Pretty much how we caught most our fish. Caught almost all fish on a Brush Hog, couldn't get them to bite anything else. Caught the slot on a Bandit, crawfish 300. Not one strike on the buzz bait, spinner bait. Great day out with my brother's just wish I could have put them on more fish though. Dad was suppose to go too but wasn't feeling well. I know it would have been really crammed but it would have been nice to get us all together.

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (mikedaleo)

Nolin: Sunday Sept. 27, 2005

Fished from 7:30 AM est Local Time until 3:30 PM est

Water temp ranged from 44 to 51.

Water clarity: Slightly stained to stained.

Water level is 6 feet above winter pool, but is VERY low. Be Careful.

Air temp 52 at launch and warmed to 62 or so by finish of day. Slow to moderate rain a lot of the day. When it wasn't raining it was cloudy, with the sun trying to peak through once or twice in the early afternoon. Calm most of the day, but by the end of the day the wind really kicked up and began to blow quite hard.

My partner and I caught about 20 fish, 2 which would keep including one a little over 3 pounds. Banging a crankbait off of the bottom on rock bluff walls was the key for the day. Most fish caught in 3 to 6 foot of water but with much deeper water near by.

We fished out of wax and didn't run very far in either direction.

A fun day.

Tight Lines!

5. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (Passion 4 Bassin)

Fished saturday from 7:00 to 4:00. Water was very dirty from the islands upstream with A LOT of debris floating. it got clearer and clearer as you went down from there. temps were 59 when we put in and hit 67 when we took out. The fish uplake are definitely in transition. We never found that bigger bite at all. We probably caught 30 or so fish but only 1 was a keeper. There were 4 boats in the our little work T and only 2 keepers were caught. We fished from conoloway up to barton's run and tried every depth, structure and cover there is in that lake and just couldn't get the better bite. Tried spinnerbaits, cranks(all depths), lipless, shakey heads, jerks, carolina rigged and texas rigged lizards and jigs. caught 1 on a shakey head, 1 on a lipless and one on a jerkbait, everything else was jigs. Green pumpkin and PB&J were the best colors, never got a bite on black & blue even in the dark water. Not good info but it's all I have.

6. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (dpage70)

Has anybody been on Nolin recently? I have my club classic there this weekend and was wanting to know what the lake looks like. I have only been on the lake once 4 years ago. We are coming from the Indy area. Is the water stained or clear and what the temps are. we are taking off out of Moutadier.

Disrespect is the worst form of respect!!!

7. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (NoAdd)

11/23/07
    the water temp from Wax to Moutardier was between 50-53 Friday. Caught about 16 bass on jigs, tubes, 4"worms. Pretty much black/blu, dark green/brown or watermellon with fleck, had about eight above 12" but only one above 15". Caught from 1-8 foot deep. Couldn't get a bite on spinnerbait, but others reported they did. In hindsight, I feel we could have caught more on other lures/methods and locations. I heard it took over 9 lbs for first/second. We were late (let time get away from us) and didn't get to weigh-the keeper and the fat 14-1/2" Slot.

8. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (DaveR)

Anybody been recently? Got any updates?
    Daniel Day

'95 201 Pro XL
    200 Rude Vindicator

9. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (dday2828)

Just got back from Nolin earlier today. Put in a Moutadier, or however you spell it. Went upriver towards Ponderosa fished main lake points with jigs, spinnerbaits, and crankbaits. Water was muddy as can be, water temp by the ramp was 45 while upriver farther it got up into 50. Charted a lot of fish in the coves in creek channels suspended also on the main lake points suspended. Didn't catch a fish!! ...but still had fun on the lake, around 45 i think air temp, with about a 20 mph wind...If anybody has any suggestions on how to catch some fish there they would be greatly appreciated. I've got a UL club tournament there come March 2 and that was the only time I've ever fished the lake...so anything would be great, thanks
    Last edited by dday2828; 03-03-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Daniel Day

'95 201 Pro XL
    200 Rude Vindicator

10. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (dday2828)

IM sent

11. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (DaveR)

Headed down to Nolin this weekend and wanted to know if anyone knew what the water temps were like, and what the lake looked like as far as clarity, etc....any info would be great....Thanks

12. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (mastin03)

Water 5' below summer pool and stable, stained to muddy, 47-49 degrees.
    Weather overcast with a few showers around 50' and always changing wind.
    Fished a club T Saturday 10.5 1st 8.72nd and 6.7 3rd(we came in 3rd). Most fish were caught in the stained water. We caught 30-40 good slots but only 2 keepers to go with them. Most all fish were caught on CB's and a few on jigs. 1st and 2nd both had 5+ lb fish. All of our fish came on main lake points leading to big coves. That was the dominant pattern for the day for others also.

13. Member

You're throwing a jig in T's now Joe?

14. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Thanks to your help its starting to work.

15. Member

i,m new too this site but we fished USABassin sunday got 4th with 7.33.Only had 4bites and put 1slot and 2keepers in the well.Early bite was CB and later keepers on spinners.

16. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (raincheck)

Fished Nolin yesterday, TOUGH. Water was up about 10 feet anywere from a good stain to muddy. Water was 57-59 degrees. Weather was WINDY could not get out of it anywere. We caught fish in the bushes/trees on gold/white chatter baits. Winners caught them on CB's on deep rocky banks. All of the fish we caught were skinny. So they should be about ready to tear it up.

I launched out of Moutardier and fished from Red Rock on south this past weekend, mainly to discover new water. Weather was fair, (85 degrees, partly cloudy, with a slight breeze) water was beautiful (85 degrees, 5-10 feet clarity depending on where you were.

I had most luck in about 8-15 feet of water on a C-Rig with a 6-inch straight tail worm (watermelon) and a DT-22 (shad) busting it on the bottom with short pauses. Caught a lot of 1 to 2 pound fish and one 3.5. had two 4 to 5 pounders come unbuttoned close to the boat on the DT-22. The bigger fish came off of main lake points, and the others were caught off the ends of docks, channel swings, and big chunk rock in the same depth of water.

I gained some confidence in the chatterbait this weekend too, getting some good reaction strikes and catching a few 1's in standing timber and on docks.

Also, got to launch the rig at some idiots while sharing some choice words as usual.
    Travis Andres
    Georgetown, IN

18. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (BassnBuck)

i am heading to nolin lake next week i would appreciate any info i can get thanks

19. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (tech6)

Keepers are pretty hard to come by right now. If your just fishing for fun you'll catch plenty that's for sure. Senko's will always catch them there, jigs (I like missouri craw and blk/blue there) They're starting to hit spinner's and cranks pretty well now too. Water was 76 friday afternoon and fish were on flats next the river channels.

20. Member

thanks we are going for fun there are about 10 or 12 cousins and uncles going .that info will help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast