Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here

Fished Nolin River today weather was pretty warm, water temp was about 57-58 deg. and level was really low. Caught many small bass, I ended up with my friend with 3 good keepers; 4.50, 3.16 and a 2.5 lbs. Also the whites are mixed in. Crankbaits hit pretty good today. Good thing I went fishing today!!! And to think I wasnt gonna go! Happy Fishing....

2. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (522Ed)

Fished a club Ton Nolin today 3-14 Water was stained most everywhere west of Moutardier. Was rainy and cloudy all day. Water temps were 47-52, warmer on the main than up the creeks. Caught at least 80 fish. Some dinks but most were in the 13-14" range on small crank baits shallow. Did manage 2 over 15 on the same pattern. Others caught fish on Sbaits,jigs,cranks and soft plastics.

3. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here

Nov 21
    Took my son fishing today, and had a blast. Put in at Wax at 7am, alittle chilly and foggy, water is pretty much at winter-pool. River is muddy and mid lake is stained, towards the dam water clears up. Water temp's avg's (50 to 54 degree's). Air temp (morning about 38, afternoon 58), bluebird sky. We fished mostly main lake points, and rock wall's with some timber, water was pretty clear at 54 degree's. Every point and rock wall we pulled up too, we caught alot of bass, 30 to be exact, had 8 keepers (15in.), had 1 weigh 4 lbs, and another weighed about 3 lbs. (FAT KY SPOT), spitting up alot of crayfish on the boat. Caught most of the bass on shakey head (pumpkin with purple fleck, and cotton candy color's). Did catch alot of small bass (mostly ky spots, on small bandit crank bait (300), sexy shad color's and white with black splatter on top, with yellow belly. Small finesse jigs (pumpkin and watermelon colors), did okay, and did catch some bass on pop-r, feeding on shad out in the middle of the lake in 48 feet of water, that was fun, while it lasted, only 15 min's. I don't think color made any difference today, if you had confidence in a lure, you would catch fish. Funny thing, I took a look at my tackle box and took out some crank baits I never caught fish on, and caught fish.. My son is 13 yrs old, and he was so tickled, to catch so much bass in one day, had a great day with my son, not fishing (CATCHING)!!! Paul R. Carey / Shepherdsville, KY
    1994 Skeeter ZX150 Mariner 150 Mag III

4. Member

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (Sapperprc)

has anyone been out latly?? Any info would help.

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (Team do work)

Put in last Saturday at Nolin Lake State Park, water was 4 feet above winter pool, water temp in the A.M. was about 48 Degrees. Caught two short fish in Briar Creek on a jerk bait in about 15ft of water in stick ups, caught a few small ones on lipless, chrome colored. Found a brush pile on main lake in 6 ft of water, caught a 5.1lb and 5.6lb largemouth bass at the same exact spot on jerkbait, various others caught around same area in about 5-10 ft of water. Caught about 18 bass total, most on jerkbait, water temp at time of most activity was about 52 degrees. Jerkbait seems to be working good out there right now, back in creeks and such. Thos two big ones caught me off guard. My dad swears it was the same fish twice, but that's crazy. Pictures to come if I can get them off my dad's cell phone.

6. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (84skeeter)

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a pretty good day.

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (Joe Skeeter)

Put in at the state park this past Tuesday. Water temps between 57 and 64 degrees. 11' more till summer pool, water is coming up. Winds were excessive and made it damn near impossible to fish main lake. Talked to some other guys out there and they said jerkbaits were working on main lake points if you could stay positioned long enough. Fish were hitting Rapala DT Thug in 4 feet of water, but they were small. Too much wind, it was causing two to three foot swells which made for rough running. Air temp was around 80 by the end of the day. Pretty unproductive, water levels may not increase much due to lack of rain. Got a trip planned next weekend, will update Tuesday after.

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (09Z7SC)

Sorry about no more reports last year. Fished 4/2 and 4/3 at Nolin. Water temp was around 51 down by the dam and around 54.5 up river. Very windy both days. Not much action yesterday, but caught around 12 today with one keeper largemouth and one keeper spotted bass. All fish caught in less than 2 feet of water on crankbait. Fish did not appear to be nest guarding or doing any kind of spawning activity. Seems like water temps are a little low right now and fish seem to be holding close to deeper water, but they are starting to transition up the creeks a little. I was still marking fish below ten feet on creek channel ledges. Something was busting shad on the surface up in the river. I could not catch them, but I suspect it was white bass or hybrids. I heard a rumour that the walleye did not make their run yet from a local source. I'll try to keep this updated as I plan to fish Nolin as much as possible this spring.

fished a club tournament on nolin Sunday the 2nd. Keepers were a little tought to find but I found 4 the weighted 9# 2oz and had big bass that went 4# 8oz. all fish were caught flipping 4" chigger craws on main lake chunk rock.
    Russell Deakins
    L-Raisin' Anglers

10. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Re: Nolin River Lake Reports Posted Here (LouisvilleRD25)

Fished Saturday and Sunday from daylight till 1pm. Caught a ton of fish on a spook"TIGHT" to the bank. You had to hit the south facing banks early before the sun was up then switch to the shaded banks after that. Main lake, points, backs of coves it didn't matter, the bank definitly needed to have rock. Most of the larger fish came off of wood or brush. Saturday had 1 4lber on a jig and numerous keepers on the spook. Sunday had 16 lbs in my best 5 all on a spook. Over all caught 15 keepers and a ton of slots. Water was dropping fast very light stain and 59-60 degrees in the A.M..

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Joe Skeeter &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Fished Saturday and Sunday from daylight till 1pm. Caught a ton of fish on a spook"TIGHT" to the bank. You had to hit the south facing banks early before the sun was up then switch to the shaded banks after that. Main lake, points, backs of coves it didn't matter, the bank definitly needed to have rock. Most of the larger fish came off of wood or brush. Saturday had 1 4lber on a jig and numerous keepers on the spook. Sunday had 16 lbs in my best 5 all on a spook. Over all caught 15 keepers and a ton of slots. Water was dropping fast very light stain and 59-60 degrees in the A.M..</td></tr></table>

Where were you on the lake, lower, mid, upper? Not looking for specific areas, but I did terrible on the lower end of the lake. Eventually resorted to finesse stuff just to catch something. Caught one on a spook, a couple on buzz, caught a couple on a jig. Mostly caught dinks on a wacky worm. This was yesterday BTW. Water was between 60 and 63 towards the dam. Were you paralleling the bank with the spook?

12. Kentucky Bass Club/ IN/KY Rally Moderator

Yes I was tight to the bank. And was in the middle part of the lake less than a mile from the mouth of Dog Creek. And the water was 60 Sat morning and 59 Sun morning, at 8am. Was having the same luck 2 weeks ago in the lower end.

13. Member

Launched in the foglite yesterday. went up the river the first two creeks on the right going up were choked full of shad. As the day got longer the more shad moved in. The White bass followed. my co-angler and I only boated 1 15" LM all day. We caught a lot of fish but never could get a quality bite. I marked what looked like suspending fish in the creek channel. I threw every thing at them including the alabama rig and could not get anyof them to bite.

It took 12 pounds to win a 5 boat club tourny he also had big bass at 4.94lbs. 2nd was 7.5 pounds.

Fished Nolin on Sat AM 11/1. Howling winds 20+ mph water temp 63-64. The buzzbait was killer! Boated 20+ fish 3 decent keepers. Spinnerbait worked as well. Only fished 4 hours and it was non stop action.

Fished Nolin 3/21. Water level approx 5ft below summer pool. Stained water and temp was 54-56. Bite was slow early on but found some on a point around 2pm. Probably boated 20 fish biggest was 4lb. Throwing the A-rig with Googan Saucy Swimmers in pearl 3.8". Shane's Baits mini blades of glory rig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12