Hello all,
As many of you know I am the coach of Lafayette H/S Bass fishing team in Lexington.
We have had great success with parent and school participation for our team and manby schools are still building programs. Henry Clay Highschool in Lexington is one of those schools. The coach is trying hard to get support and build a program and we want to help them succeed in any way we can to get these young people out there learning the sport of Bass Fishing as well as the enjoyment of tournament fishing.
That being said, Fern Creek Highschool is hosting a very small Highschool fundraising tournament at Taylorsville this weekend out ot the State Park Ramp. The cost is 10 dollars per boat and and they will give out prizes and trophies.
Henry Clay has 2 anglers that would like to fish however they do not have a boat. The parents are willing to help the boat captain/pilot with costs incurred for taking these two boys out for one afternoon of fishing.
The Boat pilot can fish in this event however he can not add to the students catch by adding or culling his fish.

Basically it does not cost you anything but your time to take a couple highschool kids out fishing. If you are interested in helping please let me know and I can help connect everyone so that we can keep the momentum growing!
I know it's Easter Weekend too!! If this is a concern for you... Just remember the sacrifice that was made for you and how small a sacrafice this is to help a kid be a Fisher of Fish and Maybe Men too.

Thanks for all you do
Jon
Lafayette H/S Bass Fishing