Kentucky Fishmerman

C'Mon guys!!! Lets get this forum going a little better. We are now being passed by a few other states. I know there are a lot of KY fisherman out there. Even if you did not catch any, that will help someone from wasting gas money. Give us some reports...

Re: Kentucky Fishmerman (TR 196 KY)

Terry is right! We are now over 100 posts, but I know alot of you guys that are fishing on the weekend and not giving reports. help us out?

Re: Kentucky Fishmerman (mikedaleo)

Terry, you gonna make it to Barren on the 3rd?

4. Member

Re: Kentucky Fishmerman (mikedaleo)

Hey Mike,
    We have a KBF club challenge tournament on Sept. 11 at Green River Lake. Will have to save money for that trip. Its all the KBF clubs against each other at this one and it is a blast. Some pretty good money to win also. I will make one of the Ky/In rallies soon, would like to meet everyone. Thanks for asking.

Re: Kentucky Fishmerman (TR 196 KY)

Looks like the Indiana board is still kicking our butts, gonna have to get more guys posting reports!

Hope you do well Terry!

Most people don't want to report they caught no fish or 20 dinks with no keepers. Both being the norm at most all KY waters

7. Member
    or they dont want a bunch of people over fishing there hot spots!

8. Member
    Does anyone still fish the Ohio river? I used to fish it all the time 20 years ago and then I discovered Lake Barkley and KY Lake. I quit fishing about 15 years ago because the kids all got involved in sports and such. Well, I'm back in! Bought a Skeeter ZX202C with Yamaha 200 EFI this spring. I had 2 Stratos before, a 16 footer and then a 295. This Skeeter is a whole lot faster than that 295 was but I'm sure it was the 175 Evinrude Ficht.

Anyway, I'm back in the fishing game and not sure if I want to try the river, I live less than a mile from a ramp. I'm definitely going to Barkley and KY Lakes when I get the chance.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 58LesPaul View Post
    Does anyone still fish the Ohio river? I used to fish it all the time 20 years ago and then I discovered Lake Barkley and KY Lake. I quit fishing about 15 years ago because the kids all got involved in sports and such. Well, I'm back in! Bought a Skeeter ZX202C with Yamaha 200 EFI this spring. I had 2 Stratos before, a 16 footer and then a 295. This Skeeter is a whole lot faster than that 295 was but I'm sure it was the 175 Evinrude Ficht.

Anyway, I'm back in the fishing game and not sure if I want to try the river, I live less than a mile from a ramp. I'm definitely going to Barkley and KY Lakes when I get the chance.
    I would say which pool you live on would make a difference.

10. Member
    I live right by the cannalton dam, so I assume it's called the cannalton pool?

11. Member
    Which ramp? Above Cannelton Dam is Cannelton pool, which has good creeks. Below is Newburgh pool, which leaves a lot to be desired. If fishing the main river, it is mostly small spotted bass.

12. Member
    Tar creek ramp in Cloverport. Yeah I used to fish Tar, Clover, Bull and Town creeks quite a bit. I'm sure they still don't compare to Lake Barkley though.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 58LesPaul View Post
    Tar creek ramp in Cloverport. Yeah I used to fish Tar, Clover, Bull and Town creeks quite a bit. I'm sure they still don't compare to Lake Barkley though.
    No, but you have some good fishing there though. Should be real good in a couple weeks.