Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here!

Please post all Lake of Egypt reports here.

Please provide conditions & date. Type of baits would be nice but I don't expect you to give up your secrets!

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (BigHarry)

15 April 2007
    Partly Cloudy
    Windy 15-20mph w/ gusts to 30 (approx)
    High 58 degrees F Low 37 degrees F
    Water temp Ranged from 48 in the early morning to 57 by late afternoon

I fished Lake of Egypt today in a club touranment. We had 7 boats. There were also two other Tx's ; one had about 75 boats and the other had about 12. Needless to say there was lots of pressure today.

I lost a definite keeper fish at about 9 AM. I was using a june bug colored Sweet Beaver Texas rigged on a 3/0 hook with a pegged 1/8oz sinker. I was pitching into the inside weedline on floating grass mats. The bass hit it in about 8" of water. I set the hook and he was off and running, peeling line off my reel. I had the drag set pretty stout so I knew it was a good fish. I fought it for about 20 seconds and then the line went slack. I inspected the bait and saw that the hook was still skin hooked. That fish was stripping line against the drag while holding the sinker. It looked to be about 4lbs.

A little while later I lost one while fishing a pearl white Zoom Fluke. I was working the grass mats, letting the bait die right off the edge. I felt a tick, set the hook, felt and saw the fish and then just as quickly it was gone.

I managed to boat one keeper while fishing a june bug colored Sweet Beaver using the same technique as the fluke. The bass hit in 5' of water.

We talked to several guys and they all stated that they were struggling too.

The key is to work your bait slowly.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

3. Member

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (Rudeman)

Fished Egypt today the 20th and all I can say is WOW!! The fish are on the beds. Caught 9. Water temp was 66. Some bass hitting ribbets and some were caught on sweet beavers. All fish came from the grass. Best 5 probably weighed 15 or 16 lbs. I LIKE IT!!!
    Mesmerize Jigs.Performance Team Rods, Just add water bait and tackle

4. Member

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (JohnR73)

April, 27, 2007.
    Fished 7am til 2pm

VERY good fishing out there! I caught 2 fish on 1 crankbait...both keepers! Caught on a Lucky Craft LC 1.5. I caught 6 fish total, varying from 13" to 18". Partner caught 5. All were caught just under the water on the RC 1.5.

Modified by Branson at 1:43 PM 9/14/2007

5. Member

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (Branson)

Went out on the 29th. Killed em. Used deep divers fishing schooling bass. The two of us got 5 over 16 and maybe 3 between 12-14 lots of smalls and some in the slot.

6. Member

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (guytbp)

Anyone been lately... I am going to visit some family next week in the area of this lake and going to try it out anyone have any hints or something to go on?

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (stratos19xl)

Hey guys where do you stay at Lake of Egypt? Going down for the first time this weekend. Just looking for a clean room and a safe place to keep the boat overnight. Thanks.
    2007 Basscat PII Anniversary Edition/200 Opti

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (Dennis1)

Dennis, There is a place Lake Tree Inn I think the number there is 618 964 1184. Very near the main launch area and food is nearby.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
    Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Re: Lake Of Egypt Reports Posted Here! (bassindon2)

Ended up staying at Egyptian Hills Marina. Very nice place and very nice people. Fished Sat Noon till 9:30 and Sunday 6 till 2. 30-35 fish in the two days. Biggest was 20.5 in. with most running 15-16 in. Great lake and if you like to fish grass this is a great lake for that. Caught the fish on a variety of baits, jig and Paca craw, trick worms on a split shot rig and Shaky head and a couple on crankbaits. All the fish caught were at least 14 in. Did not see a bass shorter than that the whole trip, except one that was being eaten against a rock wall.
    2007 Basscat PII Anniversary Edition/200 Opti