Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

2011 Savannah River reports

Happy New Year Savannah River fisherman!! Hoping that 2011 will bring a 10lb largemouth to each of us!!

2. Member

Re: 2011 Savannah River reports (Bassin Billy)

I just ordered my first Curado 200E5. I think I got a good deal...the best I’ve seen so far (EBay $141.95). I have herd a lot about Curado's and had to try one out. I’m slowly upgrading my rigs as funding will allow and the first two new rod and reels are going to be for squarebill and medium crank baits. Has anybody had any experience with Curado's. Im looking forward to throwing a lot of crankbaits this year and catching a couple of those ten pounders Billy has bestowed upon us.

Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

Re: 2011 Savannah River reports (Chico and the boys)

I use nothing but the Curado's and I love them. They cast great and I have never had any problems with them at all. You will not be disappointed, I have 2 E5's and 4 E7's and I plan on getting more. Let me know what you think about the reel. Oh and you did get a good deal on price.

4. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: 2011 Savannah River reports (goober)

Coastal fished our first club tournie of the year today on the Savannah River. Conditions were tough as we launched from Millstone Landing at 7am this morning. 13 boats braved the conditions as the tide was almost dead low at launch with a 47 degree water temp. The winds really howled today causing near white cap conditions on the river. Fishing was tough as we had an all day incoming tide. At the end of the day Corey Phiilips pulled in a decent January 5 fish limit weighing in at 9lbs. Corey also had big fish of the day with a 2-12 fish. His fish came from above Meyers with no more specifics given. 2nd place went to Joe McDonnie with a 5 fish limit weighing 7-12. Joes fish came from the tidewater areas around I-95.
    I had 5 fish for 6-4. Most fish came on soft plastics and were from tidewater as well. Next month, Coastal will be fishing Lake Toho. Good fishing all!!

5. Member

Thanks for the reports Billy! Bass Unlimited will be fishing out of Millstone next weekend, we'll keep you posted on results..sounds like the fish were pretty much everywhere!

6. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: 2011 Savannah River reports (muyman22)

No problem Adam - that is what this post is for!!

7. Member

yea we got our first tx of the year out of poor robin. I hope it will be better than last year in jan cause everyone zeroed! I hope it warms up some before then.

8. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by Bassin Billy &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Coastal fished our first club tournie of the year today on the Savannah River. Conditions were tough as we launched from Millstone Landing at 7am this morning. 13 boats braved the conditions as the tide was almost dead low at launch with a 47 degree water temp. The winds really howled today causing near white cap conditions on the river. Fishing was tough as we had an all day incoming tide. At the end of the day Corey Phiilips pulled in a decent January 5 fish limit weighing in at 9lbs. Corey also had big fish of the day with a 2-12 fish. His fish came from above Meyers with no more specifics given. 2nd place went to Joe McDonnie with a 5 fish limit weighing 7-12. Joes fish came from the tidewater areas around I-95.
    I had 5 fish for 6-4. Most fish came on soft plastics and were from tidewater as well. Next month, Coastal will be fishing Lake Toho. Good fishing all!! </td></tr></table>

Great post Billy...Thanks! Good luck at Toho..."I love that place", wish I was going to Florida in Feb.
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Know the feeling Skeeter!! Coastal had its first ALL zeros last Jan as well. One of the reasons we ended up canceling Feb last year and deciding to go south this year in Feb.

Chico, who says you can't fish more than one club...

10. Member

My wife!

Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

11. Member

wish we were going back to fl too this year but they voted to change ours because of another tx going out of the same ramp and daytona 500 weekend. Now we going to santee and then back to fl in may.

12. Member

Re: 2011 Savannah River reports (skeeterz25)

Man the river must be iced over?!! Got our tournament out of poor robin sat and i seen where its going to warm up this week. Just pulled up sat weather and now its saying its going to be back down in the 20s and high of 40s! Dang we cant catch a break!!! Im going to be going a few times this week prefishing and i will give you the upriver report.

13. Member

We fished Saturday along with Evens County out of Millstone. It was very cold at 26 deg. at launch, we even waited until 8:00. We had four boats with one of them having a seized up stering system. Everybody had a rough day as only a few fish caught and nobody had a limit. I spent my day in tidewater along with one other boat. All fish were caught on plastics.

Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

14. Member

Who's boat got screwed up? Is that why Guy had 3?

15. Member

Re: 2011 Savannah River reports (muyman22)

Dales boat had the problem. Guy took two guest with him because our other boater had a death in the family and didnt show up. Although Dales boat was crippled, he and his partner were two out of the three fishermen to bring in fish. That man is amazing and can beat you inside and out...you can always count on Dale to bring in fish.

Modified by Chico and the boys at 9:57 AM 1/17/2011
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

16. Member

put in at poor robin this morning around 9 and fished till 5. caught 4 jacks, and 5 bass. finally got on a decent pattern around 12. Fish were holding out in deeper water. Water temp was between 43 and 45 deg. Hope this pattern holds and i should be able to have a limit especially if the water warms up some in the next 2 days.

17. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Justin - gonna send you a message on facebook... check it tomorrow

put in at millstone today, went up river and didn't catch anything. went down river around 2 and caught 3. One on a crazy leg cigger craw and two on a bomber a. they were all short. Don't know where they are or what i am doing wrong. HELP PLEASE!!!

19. Member

Re: 2011 Savannah River reports (goober)

we fished out of blue springs sat and first place was 3 fish around 6 lbs, second was 3 fish around 5 lbs and third was me at 4.80 with 2 fish and i also had big fish which was 3.39. I had a total of 6 bites but i couldnt get but 2 in the boat, it was just one of them days! I broke 30 lb p-line braid 3 times!! I have never broke off that many times. The first break i thought might have been my knot cause my hands were frozen when i tied it but the other two breaks wasnt the knot. Finally after the third break i pulled off 20-30 yds of line and then retied and it wasnt 15mins i caught the big fish. The ones that broke off felt good too. caught all mine on a blk and red glitter zoom speed craw with a 1/2 oz tungston weight. I fished deep banks in the lakes. First and second came out the same boat and they fished deep banks in the main river all day. He also had his son in the boat with them with his zebco and he had 2 fish that weighted 4 lbs. They had a total of around 15 lbs just in that one boat. Top 3 places come from up river from poor robin.

20. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Good report Justin!! Sounds like they holding deep...

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast