Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (Tr21Pd)

Where's all the updated Altamaha reports? Come on guys, this has to be the best fishery in the state hands down!!! Sure, it's high now as is the rest of our rivers but you can still go and catch a quality sack if you know the right spots! If you're really lucky you may even get into a big scholl of mammoth stripers...ssssshhhhh...that's been a pretty well kept secret for some years now!

2. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (GaHawgs)

Last time I fished the Altamah we had much better success catching stripers instead of largemouth. Was not the intention!! Haven't been there in a while though.

3. Member

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (Bassin Billy)

Most of you guys probably put in at Jaycees landing or Seaboard (Altamaha Park). I'd be glad to take you to the upper river sometime...it's a lot better for quality and numbers. It's slowly coming down and should be in really good shape in the next couple weeks unless we get flooded bad again this weekend.

4. Member

I'm fishing the Division 72 ABA trail and with a small team club from Effingham Co. but I'll be on the Altamaha any available weekend I don't have a tournament. Not much for tournaments there anymore other than a few local clubs. I used to run a trail there for several years but it kind of took the fun out of fishing for me so I stopped it so I could get back to fun and be a little more competitive.

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Thanks.. I may take you up on that. What club are you fishing with? GA Boys?

6. Member

It's Three Rivers...Vic Belagorska, Tracy Burnsed, David Cole, Alan Sumner and several others...most are pretty good guys! It's not a federation club, just a fun get together type deal, pretty competitve bunch of guys.

7. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Some pretty decent guys excluding that Belagorska guy....

8. Member

I won't argue with that...lol!!!

9. Member

Water's beginning to finally fall a little!!! Fished a couple visible banks in the Jesup area but nothing. Water in the main run was still 48 degrees, really stained and hauling azz. Went up river about 15 miles to check out a couple oxbows. Found water running pretty swift even in the backs but 52 degrees...caught a 5 lber and 2 lber in 2' of water on 1/2 oz spinnerbait with colorado blade slow rolling.

10. Member

caught a 5 lber in tippens lake on cut bait with popin cork....fishing bought 3 ft...boy he gave a big pull

11. Member

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (springchiken)

ok

12. Member

The Altamaha's finally falling out and clearing a little!!! I put in at the upper Wayne County landing this morning at daylight and fished until 2:00. I caught 2 solid keepers on spinnerbait in the main river, and 5 good fish with the biggest just under 6 lbs. in the very backs of cuts in less than 2' of water on plastic. Temps were 71 degrees in the cuts and 67 in the run. Should be really hot in another week or 2. No topwater bites yet but t's tied on and ready!

13. Member

I took 2 guys out yesterday, we put in at Upper Wayne County landing. We fished the back 1/3 of 3 different oxbows and caught 13 bass with the biggest being 8 lbs along with 4 in the 4-5 lb range. All fish except 2 were caught on sexy shed pattern spinnerbaits with single Colorado blades.

I took 2 different guys out today, we put in at Carters Bight landing. We boated 7 bass with the biggest going 5 lbs. We also had 2 bonus fish...a 7 and a 9 lb striper! Fish (incl stripers) were caught on several different fast moving baits...spinnerbait, lipless crankbaits, plastics and swimbaits...all fish were caught running and gunning creek mouths where water was coming out.

Both days were met with rain and really stained water but the fish are feeding heavily now and biting most anything.

14. Member

I had a trip booked with 2 guys from Wisconsin but had to hand it over to my buddy Matthew from Jesup. My wife's been in Memorial since Tuesday.

Matthew and the guys had moderate success, the river began to rise a little and continues to be stained. They managed to boat 12 keepers though, mostly in the 2 lb. range, they did catch a 5 lb and a 9 lb pig! Temps still in the lower 70's, 5 of their fish came on black skirt w/black blade Booyah Buzzbaits. If the buzzbait bite doesn't get you fired up nothing will.

They fished the oxbows first without success as in previous weeks. All but one fish was caught in the main run in the below the Cole Eddy area which is about 5-6 miles below the Jaycees landing (the water seems to be a little warmer and more clear the farther down river you go.

15. Member

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (Tr21Pd)

Liberty County Bass Club. Fished the Altamaha River out of Everette City on the 8th, River was way down.
    Had a total of 7 boats with 9 people fishing. Temps started out at 40 degrees and heated up to 51. winds were 17-25MPH. fished low to high tide, total of 28 bass weight'd in with 38.4 lbs total weight, winning weight was 7.06 with 5 fish and large fish was 3.04. all in all a good day on the water. 4 people got wet, 3 pulling boats off of sand bars and one just fell in

Keith Causeway
    Allenhurst, Georgia

2007 Nitro 591
    150HP Verado

16. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (kctango)

Oooooweee!! I bet that was cold!! Good report though KC... How did YOU do??

17. Member

Well I can say everyone caught fish just some like me did not have a sack full. I had only one keeper out of 7 caught. How the trolling motor working for you??

Keith Causeway
    Allenhurst, Georgia

2007 Nitro 591
    150HP Verado

18. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (kctango)

Much better than the Motorguide!!

Camden Bass Club went to The Altamaha River saturday. We had around 35 fish caught for probably close to 55 pounds...not bad considering the high water with 14 guys fishing. The winner had 11 pounds, 2nd had 9 and 3rd had 7.4 the big fiah was 4.6.

Re: Report's For The Altimaha River (K-DAWG)

We smoked them today. Must have caught at least 30. They are really biting good. No real big ones. A few around 3 pounds most were between 12 and 14 inches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast