Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Report's For Lake Seminole

Post Your Seminole Report's In This Thread .

2. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (Tr21Pd)

Made a quick trip to Seminole on 12/17 to check a couple of my regular cold weather spots for an upcoming trip. Made the long run to the far north end of
    Spring Creek looking for the Hyacinth Mats. When I reached my areas I found
    the mats just the way I was hoping they would be. In the process of dying from
    the cold weather and turning brown. The water temps were in the 50's and the sun
    was shinning which makes for a good combination. The dead vegetation in the mats absorbs the heat from the sun and transfers it down the stalks and into the layer of water immediately beneath the mat. The bass will find these areas of warmer water and suspend right underneath the mats waiting on small fish or crawfish to come by or fall through the holes from above. This sets up for the perfect flipping bite.
    On this trip I was pitching a 6" Fish Blaster Baits Flipping Tail worm in
    Green Shad/red/gold flake which I had cut down to 4" to make it a little more compact. I paired it up with a 1-1/4oz Penetrator weight pegged on 50lb test Power Pro Braid. The rod I prefer for flipping the mats is a custom built 7'6 heavy action rod teamed with a Diawa TDX 103Hi.
    I only made three quick stops to check my primary areas and on all three I connect with good fish. The three fish were 5.3lbs 4.7lbs and my big fish of 6.3lbs.
    Like I said all good quality fish.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (VictorM.)

Come on guys!! I know Seminole is alot busier lake than the reports show here!! How about a few fishing reports so that everyone can help each other out.

4. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (Bassin Billy)

Haven't fished Seminole myself in a while due to the danger of running in the extreme low water conditions were suffering this summer..Those that have ventured out have reported that the fishing has been difficult at best..During the
    most recent tournaments the winning weights have been in the low teens which is
    very abnormal for Lake Seminole. The majority of tournaments even this time of year takes at least 20lb+ to even get any body's attention in the weight-in line...

5. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (VictorM.)

Had a club tourney on 2/10. It took about 12 lbs. to win. Most people were catching them on plastic worms and rattle traps. The winner fished mainly in Spring Creek. One guy weighed in a 7+ pounder (rattle trap). There was at least one 6+ pounder weighed in each of our three tournaments last year. I locked out and was on fish, fishing eddy's in the river but couldn't hook up with enough to win. I think some fish will start spawing in a couple of weeks.

6. Member

Got this report from a friend of mine 2/16/07 - maybe it will help, with the cold weather still here!

Got out on the lake yesterday afternoon for what turned out to be a cold boat ride. The water level is still up with surface temps running 50-51 on the Hooch, 51-54 on the creek and lower Flint river side. The water is still stained in the creek, the Flint and lake but surprisingly clear on the lower end of the Hooch in comparison. The fish are NOT biting but that's no surprise. In four hours of flippin and throwing cranks and rattle traps I managed one bite on a trap and it got off.

7. Member

50,000 people fishing Seminole these past 5 days and not one report!!! Top 6 anyone got a a clue as to what won this thing? I am assuming it ain't my boy Billy, since we aint heard from him in three days Maybe he is stuck out on a Hydrilla Mat in the middle of the lake

8. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (JayLaw)

Here is the link if you wanna take a look see Jay. You right though it wasn't Billy. Marty Curl from Bryan County did make the state team though. http://www.gabassfed.org/tscindividual07.htm

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (512)

is the only possible way I could feel. I had a really good practice period and knew where good fish were. I even took my buddy Brandon. Keep in mind he was a boater and I was a non-boater. Well fortunate for us I knew the fish were there as I had caught them in the past. (not the Stren event either!!) Anyhow, a local came in and asked how we were doing. We told him and he went on to explain why the spot was so good and what made it hold fish and why they constantly replenished the area. In total with what was caught in practice and the 3 other people from my club that went there with their partners, over 50 lbs was caught off of 1 spot!! Unfortunately for me I didn't get to fish it for a long enough period. Out of well over 400 fisherman 110 ZEROED!! It was that tough!! I had 2 fish that were a little over 6 lbs total for a 91st place finish. I feel like shit and thats just the way it is. I knew where the fish were and didn't go to them during the tx when my boaters fish didn't pan out..

91 out of 400 or so is pretty impressive. I know thats not were you wanted to be, but still, that ain't half bad. Especially for a white dude with a yellow boat.

11. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (T MAN)

Thanks Todd.... I think...
    And if I had been in my boat instead of as a co-angler, I would have caught more fish!!

Ah, it could've gone either way. Look at it like this, it'll make you wiser for the next one. And one more thing, my boat is similar to yours so no sarcasm there...

13. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (T MAN)

Bassin Billy...Where was that spot again? I have a club tourney there tomorrow and leave for Virginia Early Sunday morning.

14. Member

I made it out this morning hoping to find the fishing had picked up some. Well it hasn't. I should have known when I caught a 4lb catfish on my third cast with a sb. I fished all the way around Sealy flats at depths from four to twenty six feet and never got a bite. Started out with a buzz and sb, then crankbaits, then Tx rigged worms and grubs, then I punched mats with BB brush hawgs & ended up with a C-rig and DD22 in the timber. Left at noon with not the first bite. Just one of those days I guess. Took these pictures of lower Spring Creek for anyone who has never been there.

Jim

15. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (jimt)

Thanks for the post Jim!! Its good to see you around. Jim knows Seminole very well and can give good advice if you can get it out of him....
    Thanks for sharing those pics as well. But could you not show so much of the Sealey area....

16. Member

I'm allowed to show it as long as I say I can't catch nothing there, lol.

17. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

18. Member

was going to post a report from today but since you asked me not to show so much background I won't.......and I had some pretty nice fish pics too
    the bfl boys would be proud with what I caught by noon today .

19. Member

Hey show alot of background! We only get down that way 1 time a year!

20. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Seminole (512)

I always do because most guys need all the help they can get on Seminole Those who know me know I generally don't hold anything back but I get sworn into secrecy by those I'm helpin once in a while .

Modified by jimt at 7:51 PM 10/19/2007

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast