Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (Bassin Billy)

Boy do I feel like an idiot!!! Fished a club tx at Oconee yesterday. My partner and I were the only ones with fish. We decided last minute not to fish Berry's and were we wrong! We had over 10 lbs with 4 fish and a 3lb big fish. It only took just over 9 lbs to win Berry's and 2 lbs won big fish! At least we won the club and have jumped out front in points.

All of our fish came off the same main lake point in 5-6' of water on rattle traps. All fish were caught by 10:00.

2. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (GaHawgs)

Fished Oconee yesterday to locate something for club tx next weekend. We had a decent day. We put in at Long Shoals and went up the river 1st near the 44 bridge and didn't do any good on our drops up there. Caught a couple small keepers mid lake on secondary rocky points with #7 shad raps. Down lake the water was pretty clear and we couldn't get much going. We got on some pretty good fish up Richland creek though! We boated 12 fish up near the Ritz on docks that had 12-14' of water with brush out front about half way back in the pockets. the biggest was about 4 lbs, but we had 3 that size! Up there they all came on a 1/2 oz chartruese rattle trap, not burning it but moving it pretty good.

3. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (GaHawgs)

Any reports for oconee? Im heading up on thursday and aint been there since last year. I heard the BFL this past sat was slow.

4. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (skeeterz25)

putting in at long shoals.

5. Member

SkeeterZ25, any luck at Oconee?? We had a tournament scheduled last month but it got canceled due to lack of fisherman. This economy really got people watching dollars, and I dont blame them. I was really looking forward to giving it a try and dispite what Billy says Im sure its got plenty of fish in it.

Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

6. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (Chico and the boys)

It was pretty tough even though the winning weight was out of my boat. 3rd place was 3.80 i believe, 2nd was 3.81 and 1st was my co angler and buddy aka backseater (paul seckinger) with 14.48 lbs and he had big fish with a 6.12 kicker fish. Me and him c rigged all day! just jumped from point to point. we caught bout 15 total fish all day but getting a keeper was tough especially for me. He did catch one keeper on a pop r when they came up schooling on a point and another on a shakey rig. big fish came on c rig. I only had 3.48 lbs with 2 fish. He really kicked mine and everyone elses butt in the club!

7. Member

Sorry to hear it was so tough. This time of year you should fish at night on Oconee and all of the lakes for that matter.

8. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (gcoxvb)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by gcoxvb &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Sorry to hear it was so tough. This time of year you should fish at night on Oconee and all of the lakes for that matter. </td></tr></table>

Or just avoid Oconee like the plague!!

9. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (Bassin Billy)

I fished Oconee for my first time last Thursday in the C and R tx. The payout was six places and it took over 15-lbs. for first place down to 10+lbs. for sixth place. Big fish was something like 4.5-lbs. Top water bite was on first thing and then it was a grind. I struggled getting a good hook set because of a very subtle bite and lost several keepers using spot remover with green pumpkin trick worm out on the end of docks (5-8) deep.

Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

10. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (Chico and the boys)

Anyone been fishing Oconee lately? My daughter is playing in the highschool bad this weekend up near there and wanted to make a weekend out of it.

11. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (Chris M)

Fished the BASS weekend series Division 8 Championship Sep 10-11th. Fishing was tough for most. I had a limit the first day that went 5.73? Not sure how that works with a 14" limit. 2nd day I had 7.04 with three fish. I ended up 13 or so over all. Caught mine very shallow throwing buzzbait bait early, and a square bill the rest of the day. I heard that most people were throwing a shakey head.

12. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Oconee (Chris M)

anybody been on oconee lately and does anybody got a report?

13. Member
    Anybody got a report for Oconee? I have a club tourney 26th of May...

14. Member

No reports in over a year and a half???

New to the fishing in GA. As many boats as I see when I have gotten out to Oconee and no reports are here? Tight lipped for what?
    2012 Skeeter ZX20
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Minn Kota 52" 112 US2
    FXP 26 Prop
    “Just Fish”

Anyone have any reports or info on Oconee, I've never been on this lake before? Some friends have a house on Oconee and have invited us for a long weekend in May, I'd like to get some info on it before we go. They don't fish, they have a ski boat, so no fishing advice from them...

16. Member
    Any recent Oconee reports?

17. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    The fishing reports for the GA waters have been slack all the way around. We fished in November and it was tough. Should be getting better now....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345