Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (rpr)

We have been avoiding the crowd and staying way north (laurel park and north) while most people are chasing spots on humps Gainesville down, I have been chasing LM in shallows.....its a zero or hero scenario. (you will get spots too, but spots aren't the goal, big LM are)
    If you head up, shaky heads, jigs, and even a crankbait in the a.m. have produced for us. This has not been a top water year anywhere we fish. As far as color, its day to day depending on clarity of water and cloud cover. Everything from Nat blue, sand, GP/red, junebug, candy bug, blk/red, and even white have had a good day this season for us. Just play through a few colors and see what they want.
    Greg
    06 Stratos 201 ProXL, Yamaha 225
    12 Ram 1500 QC Hemi, Dropped 5"+
    85 Tidecraft turned mega pond boat

2. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (GregInAtl)

Fishing on Lanier has been great. I have been catching nice fish on SLONG shaky heads on shallow points. I also did a little night fishing and caught a 3lb Largemouth on a black spinner. All fish was caught North of Browns bridge.

Here is the best of the day.

3. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (JoshuaStellar)

Fishing was awesome this past weekend. They were killing the fluke and fishhead spins. Lot's of quality fish being caught up shallow including a number in the 3lb+ range. The water temps are right at 70 so we should begin to see the top water bite soon as well as more wolf packs swimming around on points and coves. It's been fun to say the least when you catch 50-80 fish a day!
    okay, okay... last cast, after this one.

4. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Astro Angler)

Wow! 50 to 80 fish in how long of a day on the water?

I also got out last week but was striper fishing.

The bad news is it was slow, only one fish per day.

The good news is one was 16.5 lbs (caught on a large live gizzard shad) and the other was 15.5. lbs (caught on a large Red Fin).

No complaints from me!

2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

Any thoughts on Lanier in Mid July?

My son has a soccer tournament in the area and I'm wondering if its worth coming a few days early and bringing the Skeeter with us?

Thanks
    2003 Skeeter TZX190 DC (SOLD)
    Yamaha 150TLRB

6. Member

Yeah the bite was killer and some banks produced fish every other cast. It was a blast while it lasted, but now we are in the postspawn mode and you have to cover a lot of water if you are using artificial or know the underwater humps/brush piles IF they are stacked on them. The morning schooling bite is picking up. I was able to catch a pretty good spot just before it died down, but after that you had to search for them. If you are using bait you should hit the flat creek area and the mouth of Balus. Talked with a guy who caught a bunch of spots looking for stripers. You might be able to find both in there!

July can be really good in the morning with the early bite. After that you have to fish docks and brush piles or underwater humps. It can be tough at times, but when you run into those wolf packs it can make up for it quickly! Give it a try and see what you think. A day on the lake is always fun!

7. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Lanier (Astro Angler)

Went out this past weekend and had some schooling action off of points. Caught 3 of them and missed a few more. Did catch my biggest spot so far this year, 4lbs-ish. Caught about 10 or 11. Not great, but not bad either. Hope the topwater bite continues to get better and consistent!

8. Member
    Hey guy's if anyone should have a back seat open at all July 25 thru August 1 let me know!! I'll be staying at a relitaves house near the Old Federal Campground in Flowery Branch. Will have own gear will pay for gas...........this Upstate Ny'er need's to catch some Spot's.

Thanks,
    Dan

I need to go fishing real bad and might drive up to Lanier Monday or Wednesday. Whats the story on Lanier?
    ...Greg

10. Member
    I am going to a camper rally next month here and as always, I will have my boat with me to wet some lines. Any pointers on what types of structure is in the lake and what the green fish like to eat this time of year? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

11. Member
    Hello BBC'ers. Time to take the reports on the road… Hope you are all still doing well.

Lake Lanier is doing well. Right now, the water is still very high for this time of year which has also kept the temperatures up. The surface temps are holding
    around 60 right now and should cool down a little next week as the forecast is for colder temps. Usually when the water is high, the surface temps fall very slowly.
    More water to cool means a slower cooling time.

Fish are good and shallow right now. And good and deep. The easiest fish to catch are right up on the banks. I am doing very well on my trips up shallow on any
    kind of rock points and banks near the main lake. A 10 or 16 foot diving crank bait thrown up in the dirt then working back out slowly is pretty deadly early. Then
    as the day goes, I am working out on the points in 10-20 feet of water with a crawfish (Zoom Little critter craw) rigged on a 3/16oz Spotsticker football jighead. Just
    take your time and work this rig out on the points just bouncing it up and down. They will crush it.

As the next week or so goes on, look for the fish to really make a move out in the timber. Then we will be working 3/8oz jigs in 45-55 feet of water in the timber. I
    am catching a few out there now but not as many as we should. The high water is really changing up the winter bite but that timber bite is a very solid pattern from
    year to year here. It is just a matter of time before they get out there solid.

Good luck out there and here is a nice fish caught today off a 3/8oz Green Craw jig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryan Coleman's Lake Lanier Pro Guide Service

12. Member
    need some advice on the best ramps to goto. don't need to know where ur spots r. just need help being pointed in the right direction

13. Member
    My Username on Archerytalk.com is "LBL Rec Area"

14. Member
    Great reports. I love reading about the fishing on Lanier.

15. Member
    What are the best patterns or areas in the fall, mid October? Never been before, any help would be appreciated. You can pm if u prefer

16. Member
    Been thinking about trying to target walleye this spring. Been on Lanier 8 years and never caught one. Anybody have any advice?
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

Lake is full, fish are biting.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    I caught a spot their once.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345