Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Report's For Clark's Hill

Post Your Clark's Hill Report's In This Thread .

2. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (Tr21Pd)

I can't figure this lake out!!! This was my 4th tournament within the past 8 months and i have yet to weigh in over 4 lbs on this lake, i know they are in the just can't figure them out, too many patterns on this lake.

JayLaw
    2001 Basscat Sabre

3. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (Gafishin)

I live 10 miles from it and I can agree with the above. Sometimes I just shoot down to Oconee where I don't have to work so hard to get a bass
    1994 Stratos 201 ProXL Johnson Venom 200

4. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (meddac)

I agree I only live 7 miles from the dam. The lake is so big and has many different kinds of structure as well as depths, some streams, and rivers, some wood, lots of rock. There are only a few times per yr that I do much good. I think all in all the shad crank baits seem to be most productive, but I'm sure I would get a lot of arguments with that. Good luck, thats why they call it fishing. Navyman

5. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (navyman)

This is one of those hard to pattern Clarks Hill bass. She weighed right at 8lbs. I caught her last Thursday. It was the only fish I caught that day. I fished a club tournament the folowing Saturday and zeroed. I am as confused as I have ever been with this lake.

6. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (hobie)

hobie,

I'm jealous. Can you give a little more info? What did she bite? What general area were you fishing in?

I've been trying to figure the Hill out.

Thanks.

7. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (jlmjr)

She bit a black and blue Buckeye Jig w/ a green zoom trailer. I rarely fish a jig and I saw a laid down tree. It looked too good to pass up, so I grabbed the closest trailer I could find. The tree was in about 3 ft. of water in the Cherokee Creek area. They are catching some real good weights right now.

8. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (hobie)

I fish in the Cherokee area a good bit but haven't been out lately. I'm going Saturday. I hope I find one as good as the one in your picture. Thanks for the tips.

9. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (jlmjr)

Don D and I will be down there on Saturday trying to put together a pattern of some type for a tourney there in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions?

Just wondering what to expect as far as conditions? Water temps, clarity etc.

Plan is to fish mostly on the northern end with crankbaits

Lifetime Member of BBC

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (Bass Hawk 87)

Fished Friday for about 5 hours and ended up with 11 keepers and a bunch of dinks. Best 5 went about 13lbs. They were all over a jerkbait and Buckeye Spot Remover. I also saw plenty of fish moving up in the shallow flats but that will be slowed down with these colder nights we are having. Next report on Monday. I will be spending most of the day in the Little River area.
    Greenfish Tackle
    The Tackle Shop

11. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (spotaholic)

Spotaholic, I have a tournament on Clarks Hill March 24. Looks like you are pretty knowledgable and know this lake very well. I would appreciate it if you would offer up a little more detailed info or I wili be willing to pay you a guide fee if you would take me out to some of your hotspots. Please IM me and let me know any time you have available. the last guide trip I took was with a guy named Craig Johnson, his going rate was $250.00 dollars per day I will be willing to pay that if you have any availability. Thanks

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (BigSack)

Good outing today on the Hill. Caugh 15 good fish 2-3 lb range. Fish are starting to move up. If you find them there is generally a bunch. Big Sack I am not a guide but if you want to fish sometime I left you a contact # on your IM.
    Greenfish Tackle
    The Tackle Shop

13. Member

Hey, Spot I did not get your IM, I really have not figured this thing out yet. How about Monday the 20th of March. I know where Wildwood is I am pretty sure this is where the tournament I am fishing is going out of.

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (BigSack)

Call me 706-267-5232
    Greenfish Tackle
    The Tackle Shop

15. Member

Anyone got an idea on the lakes water temp and what the fish are doing? Moving shallow? Still staging? I am from out of town and have a tourney this weekend and i am just trying to get things organized as far as what to bring. Not looking for spots just general info on what the fish may be doing. I have some ideas but wont know till i get there on firday, going out of Mistletoe with the ABA.
    Thanks.
    JayLaw
    2001 BassCat Sabre

Water Temp today between 51-58. Fish have backed out of the shallows. I caught fish in 8-12 feet of water.
    Greenfish Tackle
    The Tackle Shop

17. Member

Fished out of Mistletoe this past weekend with the ABA district 26. Fishing was good for about an hour then slowed down (for me), best bite was around 9-1030. I finished in 3rd with 10.21 lbs, first place had 13 and change while second had 10.44 with big fish of a little over 6lbs . Most of my fish were caught in about 8-10 feet of water throwing crankbaits and got one on a wacky worm. My biggest was just under 4 and i had another right around three, the rest were small 1 lbers. After 1030 the bite just died (for me) winded up catching two more but was unable to cull. After numerous trips up there to the hill for tournaments, this was the first time i weighed in a limit. Hopefully with the warmer weather on the way the Hill will start providing some better results. The next ABA event for district 26 is on april 8th on Clarks Hill out of Dorn Facility. For more info check out http://www.americanbassanglers.com

JayLaw
    2001 BassCat Sabre

18. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (Tr21Pd)

What going on up there with the Top 6??????? Any fishing reports, now that it's over???

JayLaw
    2001 BassCat Sabre

19. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Well for the majority of the guys it was real tough. Give me a holler tomorrow and I can give you some more info.

20. Member

Well, got my butt kicked on saturday, only weighed in two fish for 3.1 lbs, didnt catch them till about 130pm. My game plan went to the toilet, during prefish I found a cove loaded up with bass near wildwood, some spawning but most just cruising, around the same area i found a good dock pattern that should have held. On tournament day, ran to the cove, and nothing, no fish anywhere, the weather changed to cool and WINDY, and those fish just left the area, so I backed off a little and tried two points and ledge in front of the cove with crankbaits, Crigs, spinner baits, and flukes, with no takers. So after about an hour and a half of this i moved on to my dock pattern, which these docks were in the channel with about 10 feet of water off the ends, the wind was bloing straight down this channel at 20+ making it somewhat difficult, but still managable. Again no bites. Left the area to head back towards the Mistletoe and Little river area, man that was a horrible 20 minute ride in 2-3 foot chop with 20-25 mph tailwind. Found some bass chasing bait on a long shallow point that came off an island and could not get any of them to bite, tried flukes, ratl traps, crystal minnows, pointers, dt 6, even a darn buzz bait, and nothing, man that was frustrating. I saw a couple of them about 10 feet from the boat as they were chasing bait and they were solid 2-3 lbers, after about 20 minutes they moved on and no more activity was to be seen there. Moved on down towards Amity and finally put my first two fish in the boat that were both short, moved out to another island and put my first keeper in the boat, moved into a cove right behind the island and put my second keeper (both on jigs) in the boat, then it was over. Had another hour to fish and ran back up towards mistle toe and found a sweet point that had huge rocks in about 10 feet of water, worked that area for the last hour with no bites at all! Went to weigh in, finished with 3.10 for 7th place out of 12 boaters. 4 people zeroed and winning weight was 11 lbs. Once again the hill kicked my Butt!

JayLaw
    2001 BassCat Sabre

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast