Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (bassattack24)

I don't mind helping someone out.. but like to know who I am helping...
    Especially with ya being from Springfield.
    I hear there are some bad apples in that area..

2. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (Bassin Billy)

anything? heard there is a bfl regional the same weekend and thats going to make nit crowded. I need some help headed into this tx in first place in the club and want to hold on to the lead, going up tues and wed to prefish.

3. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (bassattack24)

I'm going up to the Hill for the day tomorrow just fun fishing, any ideas what's going on up there? Going to be a lot of fresh water and stained I'm sure but can't be as bad as Oconee!!! Putting in around mid lake at a private landing in Wells Creek. Anything in the ditches or main lake points? Depth?

4. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (GaHawgs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GaHawgs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm going up to the Hill for the day tomorrow just fun fishing, any ideas what's going on up there? Going to be a lot of fresh water and stained I'm sure but can't be as bad as Oconee!!! Putting in around mid lake at a private landing in Wells Creek. Anything in the ditches or main lake points? Depth?</TD></TR></TABLE>

GaHawgs -
    How did it go on the Hill??
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (Chico and the boys)

I don't know if he went or not, but me and Glenn fished B.A.I.T. Trail Feb 6 out of Dorn. Only 6 boats showed. Was mid 30s and cold. Water temps in low 50s and MUDDY!!! Can't believe I drove up for that. Anyhow we had ONE bite all day. Glenn did good and caught it.. 1st had 2 fish that won it and big fish of 2.96 I think. Our 1 got 2nd, but no money since only 6 boats.

6. Member

Thanks for the report Billy. Muyman22 and I were planning on fishing the ABA at the Hill this Saturday but decided to hold onto our money and go next month. Maybe we will have a better chance. If nothing else, at least the weather will be better and maybe we can catch a few more fish.
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

7. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Hope I saved you some money!!

8. Member

Yes. I owe you one The weigh-in reports were scary to say the least. Billy I noticed you are boatless. When did that happen...You looking to buy a new rig??
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Glad I could help.. As far as the boat goes, my business went to crap. Been trying to keep, just really needed to get rid of the payment. Actually sold 2 weeks ago to a BBC member from Australia. Been waiting to deliver to ports. Dropped it off on Thursday.. Sooooo its back to being a backseater for a year or so unless I can borrow a boat as needed. I really don't mind backseating. What I don't like is having to ask someone to take me fishing or asking to borrow a boat. I hate to be an inconvenience to anyone, and owning your own boat keeps that from happening.. Thanks for asking.

10. Member

Man Im always looking to go fishing and I hate going alone. You have an open invite anytime on my boat. I hope your business can survive this ?$#&^ crap were in. Every day I go to work I wounder if the door is open.
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

11. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Truly appreciate that offer!!!

12. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (Tr21Pd)

Fished ABA out of Elijah Clark yesterday. It was windy and 45 degrees at blast off. I went down and fished about 10 different spots, spending most of the day in the Plum Brach area. I only had 4 bites all day and caught only 3 of them. Started throwing spinnerbait on secondary points but wound up catching my fish on a couple of stumpy flats in about 3 feet of water on a tennessee shad crankbait (despite all the reports being caught on spinnerbaits...not for me anyhow).

The fish are definitely moving up!!! I saw the same 8 lber 3 different times and spent about 3 hours trying to catch her. I had my one shot but came up short the one time she picked up my worm.

13. Member

What won the ABA event? We fished the Rebel Open out of Dorn. Water temps dropped 8 degees from Friday and the bite slowed down for sure but everyone caught small fish for the most part. It took around 15 pounds to win the rebel open, 13 lbs second, 11 lbs 3rd and then the weights starting dropping off. We had almost 10 pounds and finished somewhere in the top 10 of a around 40 boats. We caught almost all of ours on spinnerbaits and culled twice but the big bites I had the week before just were not there. That cold front and wind really hurt the big bite but at least almost everyone caught some fish and had fun.

14. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (gcoxvb)

While you guys were out getting your butts kicked by the elements on the water and not catching fish, I was kicked back at the office doing paperwork.. Don't you guys wish you were boatless and unable to go fishing when you want like me..

15. Member

Never. Ever tell your wife that "next month you don't have as many tx's and it wont be soo bad dear".
    Luther Cosner
    Chico and the boys
    2001 520vx Comanche
    225 Merc. Opti

16. Member

Any new reports on the hill? I got a club tourn next weekend. I thought I was going to pre fish this weekend but can't get away.

17. Member

Seriously get your club to go to Lake Murray instead of the Hill. It has been a nightmare here. Only taking 8-12 pounds to win most one day events. The SC top six a week ago had around 100 boats zero. Murray is taking 25-30 pounds to win a one day event with plenty of 15-20 pound sacks that don't even get a check. I live on the Hill and it has been the toughest year I can ever remember here.

18. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (gcoxvb)

Not sure I understand that. I was there the week after the BFL and had 12 lbs in the boat the 1st half hour, with about 20 bass for the day. I was just covering water prefishing for a November tourney. Might just be too many are fishing the grass, where the little ones live.

19. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (John Jackson)

Put in at Amity yesterday. We had a limit in about 45 minutes on topwater, while waiting on the fog to lift. Largest was only 2.5 lbs, but one guy in a club tourney caught a 5 lber during the fog. Later found a frog bite in the grass in Loyds, but from the frog tracks in the grass, Im not the only one who found this pattern. Picked up a few on a c-rig. Finished the day at 12:30 with the last one on a spook.

20. Member

Re: Report's For Clark's Hill (John Jackson)

Good morning to you. My club just had a two day tournament at Clarks Hill last weekend. Most of the guys who caught fish, 90% was less then 2 pounds, were caught off on down sized crank baits. A few were caught on c-rig. Very few were caught on a texas/skaken head. Half the club brought back 3 fish or less each day.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast