Report's For Lake Allatoona

Post Your Allatoona Report's In This Thread .

2. Member

Allatoona

LAKE ALLATOONA IS at 12.6ft below full pool and falling, 57 DEGREES AND Clear mbucca@comcast.net.

Fishing is getting better and better with the cold weather. 8-13lbs 5 fish is about average right now. Believe it or not not much has changed both temperature and pattern wise even with the recent cold front passing through

Water is fairly stained lake wide right now by Allatoona standards and we are currently in the middle of turnover as we speak. With the recent cold fronts our surface temperature are in the 54 degree range at first light and warms up to58 degrees or so at mid day..

Early morning the crankbait bite with a Lucky Craft's NEW Flat Mini DR Crank is still doing well off rocky points and cuts. Just be sure you are hitting the bottom with your crank and cover some real estate. This pattern will get alot stronger especially during this upcoming colder weather. The senko bite has gone kaput with this recent cold weather. If we get any warm spells it should pick back up (Fat chance!!). The spinnerbait bite will also pick up once the water temps gets in the upper upper 50's and when the wind gets more bearable..

As the weather gets colder the dropshot bite will also pick up during mid day. From 11am till 4pm I'm in the dropshot mode. After 4pm I'm back on the crank. There are some decent numbers and decent size (by allatoona standards 2lbs +) fish coming off the senko and quite a bit of largemouth are in the mix since the creeks are emptying due to the water levels. Right now I am strictly using the 4.5 inch Flat Tail due to water clarity on the business end of the dropshot.

http://yamamoto.baits.com/cgi-...;;113

I am using the blue pearl color or any kind of bait fish color (Silverish) on a #4 dropshot hook with a 1/4oz quickdrop (tear shaped) dropshot weight http://www.quickdrops.com and 8lb Triplefish Fluorocarbon line. There is a little bit of a brushpile bite but the low water levels is quickly wiping the brush bite away so I am depending on my sonar quite a bit to locate the bait and the schools of spots which are nearby. Half ounce spoons are also getting bit on these sonar fish. Concentrat in the 30-50ft range for the schools of bait and spots.

T Mike
    Spotcountry Guide Service

Spotzilla Hunter

3. Member

Re: Allatoona (TMike)

Water Temperature: 44
    Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

This report is for yesterday. Water temp was in the 44-46 degree range and the ramp was actually pretty slick if someone had launched before you and the water had frozen on the ramp. As of yesterday the mudline was right between Gaults and Kellog Creek. The rest of the lake is stained to clear with the clearer water being closer to the dam area.

I took my good friend Sandy (Top Turret Gunne) out for a short short trip yesterday starting at 830. Sandy is a young 80 years of age and just wanted to exclusively learn how to dropshot fish as he has never caught a fish on the dropshot so that is what we set out and focused on. The weather was PERFECT for dropshotting COLD as heck (28 degrees) and NO wind! We concentrated on bluff walls and noticed immediately that the shad were concentrated in the 38-50 ft range on the sonar. We tried catching some fish shallow on the bluffs with no luck then we backed off a bit concentrating in the 38-55ft range and started catching fish on the dropshot with a Blue Pearl GYCB Flat Tail worm on 8lb fluorocarbon and a 1/2 oz quickdrop dropshot weight. Sandy picked up the dropshot VERY quickly and he immediately caught a fish shortly after I caught the first one. He actually caught 3 or 4 fish all in the 40 ft range and I caught two fish in the 55ft range and several other 1.5 to 2lb fish between 38 and 50 feet. Lots of deep fish right now and they are feeding very heavily on threadfin. During their fight they are spitting up alot of threadfin which is no surprise. Sandy had to go home at noon so I dropped him off and went back out till 4pmish. I found several more pods of fish on my sonar as well on the bluffs and caught quite a few spots and lost count of the fish caught in the 1.5 and 2lb range. Nothing big but they are solid keepers fun to catch and the numbers right now are great on the dropshot so give it a try. One other tidbit, I don't think I/we caught a fish shallower than 38ft today most of the fish came from the 42-45ft range...

I never did pick up the crank but I bet that bite is also fairly strong fishing it slowly around the rocky points just inside the creek mouths.

Here is a picture of Sandy on his second dropshot fish and a picture of myself with one of my small keepers.

BTW I will be attending the Atlanta Boat show giving Seminars most of the day Friday Jan 13th and possibly Saturday afternoon (Jan 14th) (not 100% sure on Saturday but for sure on Friday). For more info visit http://www.atlantaboatshow.com/ Stop by and say hello!

Also, I am running a gift certificate special with a limited amount of gift certificates until Dec 31st if anyone is interested follow this link http://www.tritonmike.com/gift.html

All the spots!!

T Mike

Spotzilla Hunter

4. Member

Allatoona --- 4-6-06

Fished Daylight till 1 P.M. Caught 7 , all on Bandit 200 series Purple Haze . Launched at Red Top went under the bridge , straight back into the long creek arm ,,, caught several back there,, then went to Cooper's Branch .. where i caught the other's ... all very close on the bank , in brush or blowdown's . Threw Spinnerbaits , crankbaits , flukes, fish-head spin , carolins rig ..

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Re: Allatoona --- 4-6-06 (Tr21Pd)

It sure is good to see awesome reports on here Mike!! Too bad they are too few and far between. From anyone that is. These boards are here to help others with reports. Come on guys we need to wake up these fishing reports pages.

6. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Allatoona (Tr21Pd)

Allatoona is about to turn on, or has it already? The lake is 8+ feet below full pool and they will be continually drawing it down this winter until Jan. Rumor has it the level will go down 20-25 feet as opposed to the normal 18 feet draw down. The rumor is they'll be working on the dam.
    The hot bait on Allatoona right now is the JigX in 3/8 or 1/2 ounce. The spots are really eating them to the point the jig is hooked way down in the back nearly swallowed. I have been catching bass in the back halves of creeks and on shallow structure in the main lake. Check out the picture of this Wednesday's pot tournament. The big spot weighed 4.64 and our total was 10.49 for 3rd place.
    Check out these jigs at http://www.verticallures.com

Modified by bassamasta at 9:29 AM 10/15/2007
    Metroatlantafishing.com

7. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Allatoona (bassamasta)

December 15th
    The lake is down about 17 feet and the bass, green and white are biting pretty good. The spots and largemouth are being caught deep on jigging spoons and drop shots. However, some can be caught at any depth right now.

The linesides are hitting trolled u-rigs now according to http://www.lakeallatoonaguides.com

8. Member

Re: Report's For Lake Allatoona (bassamasta)

Allatoona is 6.5 feet below full pool. The fish are in transition into pre-spawn. The water temps. are from the high 50s to the low 60s.
    Here is a picture from the first night tournament of the season. We caught 4 keepers and placed 2nd with almost 11lbs on the Tube X.

Tournaments going on now..
    Dead Sea Mafia team this Saturday 3/17--daylight til 12or 1pm Galts Ferry
    Wednesday night team--Every Wed. night 7pm-11pm Galts Ferry
    Metroatlantafishing.com

9. Member
    Allatoona is getting right with night time temps dropping. Multiple techniques are working right now. You can still find fish in summer patterns and they are also beggining to skatter into the fall transition. There is decent schooling with some really good topwater bites in the a.m.

Book a trip today with Fish Allatoona Guide Service. fishallatoona@yahoo.com
    Metroatlantafishing.com

10. Moderator

Lake Allatoona Jan Week 2

Water Temp 44
    Water Clarity Clear to Stained
    Water Level 4.58 low

Water temps have dropped like 7 degrees over night from 51 to 44 and even with that the fishing was still pretty good today. It was definitely toasty as it was 8 degrees this morning and it warmed up real nice to a balmy 28 degrees LOL. I got out with Chris today and as always we had a great time. Man it was nice not seeing another boat the entire day. Trust me it was there loss today as the fishing was great and we even stayed until almost 4pm before putting the boat on the trailer.

At our first stop Chris almost had a limit by himself in less than an hour. He whacked 3 fish right off the bat and lost 2 others all on the Float N Fly off pea gravel rocks and one of them was very nice. I made some changes and bam I caught one and lost a pretty darn good fish right at the boat. Dang Ice in my guides prevented my drag from working smoothly. Yeah thats my excuse :). LOL. The key for us was fishing peagravel banks that were facing the sun. Looks like the fish were taking advantage of the heat bouncing off the rocks.

We crank up to go to another spot and Chris wanted me to run over an area to check for some spoon fish and it was loaded. The first fish I got was a whale striper in the 8 to 10lb range. I got several more stripes/hybrids and Chris got a few as well all on spoons all off the bottom in 72 feet of water #emoticons13# . One of the hybrids we caught spit out a half a dozen threadfin at the surface. Yeah they were feeding LOL. After a few of the white fish we went back to spot fishing and caught another half dozen or so all keepers on the same pea gravel type baits.

All in all it was a good day with about a dozen spots and half dozen white fish especially with it being severe post frontal and blue bird skies. Oh and this is pic for all of you that had to text me and see if I caught anything besides pnemonia and frost bite LOL. ;D

Mike

Atlanta, GA Bass Fishing Guide/Swimbait Mfg
    http://www.BullShad.com

11. Moderator

ALLATOONA March Week 3

Water Temp 52-60
    Water Clarity clear to stained
    Water Level 1.78ft low

Fishing is good.... Due to the rains last week we got a good bit of debris on the water from one end of the lake to the other. Some areas are "unfishable" due to the wind packing the debris. Water temps are starting at 52-53 and ending up almost 60 degrees by early afternoon.

Like clockwork the big bait bite is on and just cranking up. I know of one 6lb spot caught this week on a swimbait and one of my good previous clients got a 6lb largemouth on the Bull Shad and I also got a few good fish this week while pig hunting myself. I'm concentrating on the short pockets just off the main lake for the heads and main lake points for the spots. I have seen a few males up shallow but nothing on the bed yet but as the week goes on there should be more going shallow weather permitting.

I'm throwing a modified 8 inch Triple Trout (modified to 10.5 inches) and the 7 inch Bull Shad on 25lb Triple Fish Camo Line and using a Dobyns Rods 795ML. In the stained water the Triple Trout is the deal. There simply isn't a better swimbait for working stained to muddy water due to the massive amount of vibration and water that it pushes. In the clearer stuff I'm going to a more natural swiming bait and using the 7 and 8 inch (prototype) Bull Shad. With the big baits your fishing for one or two bites for the bigger fish.

Nature's Tackle Box in Hiram, GA (678-567-1211) is the newest 22nd Century/Triple Trout dealer and Natures Tackle Box along with Hammonds Fishing Center in Cumming, GA both exclusively carry the Bull Shad.

This is only just the beginning, more big fish pics to come.... ;D

Mike

12. Moderator

Allatoona March Week 1 (pics)

Water Temp 59
    Water clarity clear to stain
    water level 1.08ft high
    Moon Phase: 3/4 full

Water is stained from Kellogg and North and fairly clear south of Kellogg. Fishing this week was horrible at the beginning and fairly strong at the end. My fish didn't like all that rain one bit but now that things have settled they are right back where they were a week an a half ago. The spots are still staging and schooling and just went back into that mode today it seems. There are some males (largemouth) on the bed but the vast majority of the females haven't locked on yet. I'm seeing some decent cruisers in the vicinity of the beds but nothing any size and in any numbers. I am positive someone somewhere can find a good fish or 3 on the bed if you look hard enough. But today was the best day for looking in over a week it seems due to clouds, wind, rain etc etc. Then to make matters more confusing we will be in the 20's on Mon and Tuesday of this coming week and in the 30's on Wed...... Looks like we will be prolonging spring ;D

As I said earlier the spots are busting in pockets early and late. Pick your poison on what you want to throw at them. We got them on topwater, spinnerbaits, swimbaits, traps, Jigs etc etc.

Here's the fish of the week on an almost 9 inch Bull Shad.

http://www.tritonmike.com

13. Moderator

Re: Report's For Lake Allatoona (Tr21Pd)

Water Temp 48 to 53
    Water Clarity: rancid yohoo
    Water Level: .67 below full pool

The vast majority of the lake is either very muddy or very stained from one end to the other due to the recent rains. The creeks are horrible so bad that you can track a deer across it. LOL. I've been fishing quite a bit more recently since the weather has been more stable. Fishing is starting to pick up. If you want the best bite for decent numbers the dropshot is doing pretty good on small baits. Tiny Bass Assasins, Tiny Flukes, Baby Sluggos, Yamamoto Yamaminnow type baits are working well. I'm using a 1/4 oz Quickdrop dropshot sinker and 8lb fluoro with a Gamakatsu dropshot/splitshot hook and I'm pitching it to steeper banks and working it slowly toward the boat. Small micro jigs are also doing good if jigs are your thing.

But if you want size they are definitely biting, but you gotta work your tail off for them. I'm rotating through 3 different swimbaits. 8 inch Bull Shad in Gizzard color, Huddleston ROF 16 Trout color and 8 inch Triple Trout in Shiner color. I feel that the bigger swimbaits move a ton of water and give off alot of vibration to help the fish find it in the muddy water conditions that we have. I'm catching some working it very slow bottom bouncing and a few on just a medium steady retrieve. I don't catch many fish but the ones I do catch have been quality. It's a very painful bite but it's the only thing I have that is consistant with big fish right now and it will only get better as the water clears and the temps get into the upper 50's.. I would prefer us to clear up some but you have to play the hand that you are dealt. Here are a pair of 5lb spots. Thanks to Laugh44 to helping me take pics. Sorry Scott the ones you took were blurry due to the sun. :-[

http://www.TritonMike.com

14. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

Re: Allatoona March Week 1 (T Mike)

Fished the One Fish Wonder Tues evning from 5-9 pm, could only get 'Toona specials....anywhere from 1-1.5 lbs. haven't seen any big girls up yet, water temp 70, WINDY AGAIN!!! Tried most power fishing to no avail, caught keepers on shaky head. Took 3 lbs to win, 2.64 sidepot. Hopefully some big girls will pull up any time now....